PDA

View Full Version : Day of the dead leg sleeve

Heath
09-29-2013, 02:28 AM
Not gonna lie, johndameart's owl the other day really REALLY inspired me. Well...client came in, picked me over the other artists for a sweet giant leg sleeve...and I drew this up based off a terrible reference tattoo he gave me.

Thank you John. I love how it turned out and is mixed styles in a way.

Heath
09-29-2013, 11:51 PM
No comments or opinions? Jeesh! :cool:

gangstajay
09-30-2013, 12:20 AM
No comments or opinions? Jeesh! :cool:
homie no comments are a good sign on this sight..if you want comments post this in the correct thread. its funky I like it

nivek
09-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Its not in the critique section, some people have gotten .... "uptight" when they received comments when it wasn't in the critique section. It's well tattooed, but I think it falls short in a couple of areas in the design.

tattood
09-30-2013, 10:09 AM
I like it and i see the influence of johndameart, which is a good thing! his work is most definitely worthy of taking note of..lol

johndameart
09-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Wow thanks heath, didnt know you were going to say that, looks good dude!

cagelavey
09-30-2013, 03:37 PM
overall I like the tat. It does need more of an arch where the bridge of the nose meets the forehead. kinda just goes straight up. the hairlooks a lil unfinished. the shading looks a lil choppy on the neck. also, doesn't seem to be any blending in the transition of color (from red to orange to yellow) at the top of the piece. all fixable issues. nice concept though. jmho.

nivek
09-30-2013, 03:38 PM
overall I like the tat. It does need more of an arch where the bridge of the nose meets the forehead. kinda just goes straight up. the hairlooks a lil unfinished. the shading looks a lil choppy on the neck. also, doesn't seem to be any blending in the transition of color (from red to orange to yellow) at the top of the piece. all fixable issues. nice concept though. jmho.

Pretty much what I was thinking, and her neck seems a bit big - the transition to the neck from the chin is kinda sudden for me

cagelavey
09-30-2013, 04:20 PM
yeah on second glance, I agree. thought just a shading issue, but the neck looks a lil ill conceived.