PDA

View Full Version : Gypsyheadwifedogcloverrose... aka 10lbs of 'stuff' in a 5lb bag

Alie K
04-14-2011, 12:32 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/keueqp.jpg

Dude wanted his wife as a gypsy girl wearing a bandana with thier favorite soccer team jersey colors, some shamrocks because they met in Ireland, their beloved chihuahua and a rose on ONLY ONE SIDE of an existing scottish shield. Mmmkay...

Administrator
04-14-2011, 01:32 AM
Um, check, check, check, yep its all there.

The Limey
04-14-2011, 02:45 AM
looks like he got what he asked for to me, and some!

Zapp
04-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Well done !!!!

gangstajay
04-14-2011, 08:39 AM
very well done

tattoo4satan
04-14-2011, 07:40 PM
great job. i feel sorry for his shield. hopefully he'll have you hit that too.

have you seen cesar the hun's tattoo's? that guy is the master of fitting a ton of shit in a 5lb bag. blows my mind.

jerseybryan
04-14-2011, 08:04 PM
thats Glasgow Celtic colors...my favorite team...beautiful job.

chizzle
04-15-2011, 12:09 AM
you killed it allie!

Dan Kubin
04-15-2011, 12:13 AM
sometimes, when I get stuff like that, I grumble and bitch the whole time I'm doing it, but every now and again, they turn out alright...like that one.

Alie K
04-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the nice words guys. Yeah, we all know what it's like to have to fit a bunch of [sometimes] unrelated things into a little (and sometimes restricted) space. Glad I was able to cram it all in there and still make it look ok!

great job. i feel sorry for his shield. hopefully he'll have you hit that too.

have you seen cesar the hun's tattoo's? that guy is the master of fitting a ton of shit in a 5lb bag. blows my mind.

- gonna have to check that guy out!

tattoo4satan
04-15-2011, 04:49 PM
here's a link to his site
http://www.caesartattoo.com/site.php?cmd=pages&page=caesar_portfolio
i almost quit tattooing when i saw his stuff

peter clements
04-15-2011, 05:20 PM
I haven't seen Ceasar's work before looking at this-awesome, a remarkable artist. I must admit though,I am at a total loss as to the relevance of the title of this thread.

Administrator
04-15-2011, 05:45 PM
"10lbs of 'stuff' in a 5lb bag" or a "trailmix tattoo" is when a client wants multiple themes incorporated into a tattoo taking up very limited amounts of real estate on their body. The kind of person who wants a tree, with leaves and roots and maybe a tire swing and some kids playing under it with a pair of initials carved in the trunk with a heart and a sunset and the anniversary date of some kind with a long poem that is hidden somehow in all the leaves and bunch of other important dates all hidden in the roots of the tree. Oh, music notes, cause they once took piano lessons when they where nine and they like to paint too! maybe a paintbrush and pallet in there?

In short something that should take up the back half of a body suit that the client expects to fit on a shoulder blade cause they dont want too much tattoo...

Zapp
04-15-2011, 10:01 PM
@tattoo4satan
I want to see one of his first few pics in 15-20 Years !
Than its a mass !
I collect tattoos by my self for almost 30 years in any diverrent styles !
I only thing for detail work or B/G portraits what will realy work is single needle work !

Alie K
04-17-2011, 01:40 AM
here's a link to his site
http://www.caesartattoo.com/site.php?cmd=pages&page=caesar_portfolio
i almost quit tattooing when i saw his stuff

Wow, beautiful stuff! I do agree with Zapp - I'm not convinced they will look that great in 15 years.

tattoo4satan
04-19-2011, 12:11 PM
yea, im not so sure how it will hold up either, but his layout is fucking amazing. making me think more about peoples stupid ideas

slicksteel
04-19-2011, 01:57 PM
nice layout but for me I dont like his weakline work if you look at it -very shoddy finelines are great but they have to be exact for me. Also alot of the tattoos look already old and washed out with not very much contrast to grab me. This is just me talking as a collector not as a tattooer.