PDA

View Full Version : First skin rip, help needed!

zack_fa1r
10-02-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm trying to figure out what colours to use to get the sore skin look but as I wasn't sure I used grey wash to play it safe, overall I'm happy with this but it's a shame that it doesn't look real, any help appreciated.

johndameart
10-02-2013, 01:39 PM
I ususally use some of the muted earth tones and flesh tones, along with the zombie set because it has a bunch of that rotted skin/bruised skin look. like these:

http://kingpintattoosupply.com/eternalzombieink.aspx

johndameart
10-02-2013, 02:34 PM
also meant to mention too, after dipping your needle into the cap of the color you choose, i usually dip it into water really quick, i love the inconsistency of the ink for that type of work. also makes it a little softer and more easily less in your face.

Fergus
10-02-2013, 03:34 PM
looks good,,,but you forgot to add a nice blue moon above it lol,,,,,seriously though,,,when i do i skin rip i use purple and some yellow for a sort of bruised look. try looking up some hospital photos of real injuries and copy that and once you got the technique down you will have it forever.

zack_fa1r
10-02-2013, 05:46 PM
thanks guys much apreciated.

primoink
10-02-2013, 06:31 PM
i use the dipping in water trick as well. also i have found depending on the level of irritation you are going for (lets say you want that same redness around it as when the tattoo is first finished) i will use a pink and a red and dilute the crap out of it haha. for me 2 drops of a light red in a #16 cap makes for a nice irritation redness. but be careful too much red and it will look fake

tonoglasgow
11-08-2013, 12:37 PM
My 2 cents...Maybe adding a bit of shadow from the ripped skin????Trying to put a bit of depth in the tattoo...