PDA

View Full Version : Mistake/Oversight Has Been Corrected

feedtheworm
04-14-2011, 01:58 PM
I was hoping to have reviewed my new delrin Special Technique machine by now but I still haven't received it. It was one problem after another from a very confused company.

The day the package arrived I was very excited regardless of it having shipped much later than promised. I got quite a surprise when I opened it though. It was not the machine I ordered. I think it was one of the prototypes because it looked very hastily made and still had a tube and needle attached. It was also very dirty.

The machine I ordered was Black with an RCA connection and was to run fast and very soft for B&G shading and lining. The machine I received was bright yellow with a clipcord connection and ran like a jackhammer. I can't imagine what type of tattooing it was intended for but I definitely wouldn't put my clients through that kind of torture. It was basically the exact opposite of what I ordered.

I'm very disappointed and won't be dealing with specialtechnique again (once I receive my refund of course). Considering the poor communication of that company I might be waiting a while for my refund as well. Hopefully this nightmare of a transaction will be over soon.

elbo
04-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Thats bad news buddy...recieving new machines is meant to be a joy!...it would put me off from dealing with them again!

slicksteel
04-14-2011, 02:45 PM
I cant believe they droped the ball like that! I can understand sending the wrong one ,but a shoddy use looking one! and I was thinking on buying one but not now.

gangstajay
04-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I hate to hear that... I dont know what the deal is with that fella

The Limey
04-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Maybe you got a repair sent by mistake?

slicksteel
04-14-2011, 07:05 PM
aww that could be the answer! maybe there is somebody messin his poor lil rotary!

Rattus
04-14-2011, 08:26 PM
That is too bad. People seem to really like them. I believe it's two guys doing the building, Bill doing the pimping action on the front lines and they now have an assistant doing screening/ordering.

specialtechnique
04-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Hello to the rotary tattoo community. I have made several grave planning errors and office/paperwork errors recently. I feel terrible about it.

I am refunding you your money sir, and I apologize unconditionally. I am committed to never letting this happen again, and to making every client happy. I think of nothing but tattoos and tattoo artists, really.

Sorry again for my mistakes.

Be well everyone.

Dan Kubin
04-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Sounds like a big mixup...Bill is a great guy and makes some sick ass machines.
shit happens, ya know?

Alie K
04-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Glad to read it's getting straightened out. It's great to have help sometimes, but we all know what happens the more fingers go into the pot.

feedtheworm
04-15-2011, 02:18 AM
Sounds like a big mixup...Bill is a great guy and makes some sick ass machines.
shit happens, ya know?

A very big mix up indeed. I know shit happens and Bill may very well be a great guy (I have no idea, I've never met him).
I'm only detailing my transaction with him because I wasn't able to post a review of the machine I ordered and paid for.

Still waiting for my refund.

Johnny

feedtheworm
04-15-2011, 02:19 AM
Glad to read it's getting straightened out. It's great to have help sometimes, but we all know what happens the more fingers go into the pot.

I'll let you all know when it has been straightened out.

Johnny

sijohnson
04-15-2011, 06:45 AM
I had a Steampunk from Bill and I love it. I am sure its a one off. Please dont let this colour anyones view of these machines and Bill, as they are a stunning bit of kit and well worth having.

Its a shame, but sometimes mistakes happen and as long as things are straightened out then everyones happy, I am sure you will be when Bill puts this mistake right.

Zapp
04-15-2011, 07:18 AM
I am glad we have the rotary forum for this kind of problems !

Administrator
04-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Hope this is sorted out, hopefully you can post a review of the customer service you got with getting this sorted out.

peter clements
04-15-2011, 01:03 PM
A very big mix up indeed. I know shit happens and Bill may very well be a great guy (I have no idea, I've never met him).
I'm only detailing my transaction with him because I wasn't able to post a review of the machine I ordered and paid for.

Still waiting for my refund.

Johnny

Bill has appologised profoundly and I'm sure he'd build you a great machine to your exact specifications in the wake of this error. That's how I'd like the situation resolved for me, better than a refund IMO, but with respect this is your business to deal with how you see fit. Keep us posted on developments.

feedtheworm
04-18-2011, 04:17 AM
Bill has appologised profoundly and I'm sure he'd build you a great machine to your exact specifications in the wake of this error. That's how I'd like the situation resolved for me, better than a refund IMO, but with respect this is your business to deal with how you see fit. Keep us posted on developments.

I have contacted bill via email, facebook and paypal (where I filed a dispute claim). He has yet to respond. His response on here was the first and only one that I have received (and that seemed more directed to the public as damage control than an apology).
A great machine set up to my exact specifications is what I ordered initially and I never received it (or received a reply as to why). I've waited long enough. I only want my money back at this point.

I'll post again when I have received my refund or there is any more relevant information.

Johnny

Alie K
04-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Any news on your refund situation? This seems to be going on for quite some time. I was sure you'd have heard something or gotten an email by now. (though you're probably very busy, and posting about it is not the first thing on your mind)

feedtheworm
04-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Any news on your refund situation? This seems to be going on for quite some time. I was sure you'd have heard something or gotten an email by now. (though you're probably very busy, and posting about it is not the first thing on your mind)

I was hoping my next post would be that I received my refund and all was well. I have been busy but this is on my mind a lot.

I still haven't heard anything or received my refund. I'll leave it at that for now so I don't start typing angry.

Johnny

Zapp
04-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Always takeing money quick and than slwooooooowwwwwww down !!!!
If you asking for payback they want to know nothing about it !
I hope you pay with paypal and then you can get you money back !

hendricksonart.com
04-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Hey Johny what shop you work at I think Ive met you before

chizzle
04-22-2011, 01:43 AM
brutal, i was looking forward to getting a special technique, not so sure anymore

feedtheworm
04-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Hey Johny what shop you work at I think Ive met you before

Up until yesterday I had been working out of Evolution Tattoo in Bloomington, MN. I'm moving out of there now and haven't quite decided where I'll be going next.

peter clements
04-22-2011, 05:12 AM
brutal, i was looking forward to getting a special technique, not so sure anymore

The longer this thing goes on the more dissapointing it is. There are a lot of sensible Tattooers on this forum, intelligent ones, and of course we all know other Tattooists. Special Technique are harming their own business with a carry on like this.

feedtheworm
04-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Well I finally got a reply today but I don't understand it at all. Maybe someone here can help me decipher it. I posted on his facebook page asking about the status of my refund and this was his response.

SpecialTechnique wrote: "hi john. i will go to the post tomorrow. of course the machine is fine, but still... when i open the package i will do a 'send money' in paypal. unless i can simply undo the transaction, but i don't know what the time limit is on that."

feedtheworm
04-23-2011, 01:13 AM
I think I get it now. I've received a few responses and I'm pretty sure of the reason. I escalated my paypal dispute to a claim. Paypal confirmed that I am entitled to a full refund and asked me to provide the shipping and tracking info (including signature confirmation) which I did. I think this might be almost over.

merky
04-23-2011, 02:42 AM
I dont think bill would burn you for a few bucks, just my two cents.

feedtheworm
04-23-2011, 02:52 AM
I dont think bill would burn you for a few bucks, just my two cents.

Thankfully for paypal he can't. The junk machine he sent me has already been rebuilt and offered for sale yet I still haven't received my refund.
I get the impression that Bill likes these posts. He might figure that any mention of his machine (good or bad) is free advertising.

Zapp
04-23-2011, 07:05 AM
It was this one ! I was looking at this one,VERY HAPPY for not buying it !!!!!!!!!

specialtechnique
04-23-2011, 02:06 PM
hi john. we have confirmed your 'dispute of payment' as of last night. your account should have been credited already, correct? hope you can clear this up for me. the money is no longer in our hands or account. thanks, be well.

merky
04-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Thankfully for paypal he can't. The junk machine he sent me has already been rebuilt and offered for sale yet I still haven't received my refund.
I get the impression that Bill likes these posts. He might figure that any mention of his machine (good or bad) is free advertising. yeah i dont think he likes making people unhappy, ,you got your money coming back that should make you happy ,lol but it sounds like that isnt going to be the case.

specialtechnique
04-23-2011, 04:21 PM
i may have the yellow machine sold. i will get you guys feedback on it as soon as i can.

ds78749
04-23-2011, 06:12 PM
I got one of Special Techniques machines a few months ago...a brass slingshot drive bar shader that really packs in the color, at a nice slow speed. JUST received my 2nd one,...a delrin cam driven liner. And the morning after i paypalled the dough, the machine was at my house! i love this stuff....the Spec Techs run at such low voltage theyll run off USB, or a 9 v...and with an old S/R rheostat, you can vary the speed. And, Bill seems to be a thoughtful, attentive cat who
is putting heart and soul into his innovations.

feedtheworm
04-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Paypal has decided the claim in my favor. If the account has sufficient funds I should have a refund within five days.

merky
04-23-2011, 11:39 PM
good stuff

specialtechnique
04-24-2011, 01:17 AM
that sure sounds like we disputed john's claim, which we didn't. we approved or confirmed his 'dispute payment.' WE told paypal to refund his money, he didn't have to fight for it. there wasn't any question whether john would get his money back, and paypal didn't decide it. since we are honorable people that made a mistake, this was totally ok and facilitated by us. we feel terrible about the mistake we made, and the money is out of our hands now. john's wording makes it seem like there was some kind of battle to get his money back, and i think that's very unfair. john was separated from his cash for a while, and got nothing out of it, which sucks. i totally empathize as a tattooist of 22 years. we messed up john's week, right when he lost his job, so that sucks even worse. however, continuing to shine a bad light on us when we have done what we can and apologized profusely just isn't right. i feel like other things are going badly for john, and he's taking it out on us... by making us look bad in this community. john, please stop making us look bad. we're terribly sorry about our mistake, and your other misfortunes. it won't happen again. --bill

slicksteel
04-24-2011, 03:29 AM
I say enough of this mess. end of story does not need to go further.

feedtheworm
04-24-2011, 04:14 AM
I say enough of this mess. end of story does not need to go further.

I couldn't agree more and I'm sorry for subjecting everyone to it. It started out with the hopes of just getting a response. It has obviously snowballed out of control and that was not my intention.
After the special technique post tonight, I decided I won't be baited any longer. Arguing online is pathetic and this has gone too far already.

I will post the outcome when there is one. Anything else will be replied to in pm.

I'm sorry if I've been out of line and thank you for all the forums support.

Johnny

specialtechnique
04-24-2011, 05:25 AM
this thread has had over 1000 views. if the thread is still up, i'd say it's certainly still 'going further.' especially since most people won't read past the first few entries in the thread. i'm very unhappy, and very sorry.

Alie K
04-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Paypal has decided the claim in my favor. If the account has sufficient funds I should have a refund within five days.

Well, this makes it sound like the issue has been resolved. The other admim has been away on business [internationally] for the last few days (and has been next to impossible to get in touch with), and has different forum moderating permissions that I do.

I've been trying to figure out how to make the thread 'go away' without breaking something on the forum (which I've been warned can happen very easily). It's not easy to do by text when one person is at the computer, and the other person is trying to instruct you by memory via text message.

The best I can do for now, until he gets back, is to close the thread so this situation stops avalanching due to misinformation.

-Johnny, I'm glad you got what you wanted and that your situation has been resolved.
-Bill, I knew you'd come through, and that something was in the works - there was just a lot of red tape involved.
-Admin, next time you are out in the boonies, I hope you have access to a computer [and nothing like this better happen again]

Alie K
04-24-2011, 10:42 AM
the end.

I have got word that the issue has been resolved.

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/upload/2010/07/dear_asteroid_hunters_stop_tel/nothing_to_see_here.jpg