PDA

View Full Version : my arsenal.. (mostly coils)

bretttattoos
10-02-2013, 06:42 PM
thought i would post up a thread and show off my machines. i just recently went all rotary with my daily machines, so most of these are coils that i have collected over my apprenticeship and this first year of full time tattooing.
i just let go of a John Clark forward coil that i hardly ran (thanks artoftatt2 for the trade) but now i have all but fe in love with the ego rotary.

21944these are a few that i picked up from Larry Ross at BodyBlend Studio in vermont. the single coils are part of his "Model 30" line. each is different and run different but i think mine are #3 and 12 or something like that.. the cream/woodgrain machine he called "the Bentley" haha these are the reason i hate not running coils every day. super good shaders! the other is a one off "model 99" of Larry's. awesome packer.
21946these are a couple shaders from Dringenberg, other is from Alan Bullington from Bill Clayden's Tattoo World in Fayetteville
21947These two Danny Fowler's got me started in tattooing. Boss man gave them to me when i started tattooing during my apprenticeship. Danny discontinued his "FireClone" series and had 3 frames left over and built these (along with another which is MIA) and serial numbered them differently than the clone line. super fast and punchy little machines
21948These are an Infinite Irons punch liner that was replaced in my daily setup by my HM mini evo. great machine, other is a one off tony oliva's j frame. Got to meet him in Asheville NC this past year at a convention and bought this from him and actually hung out a bit with him and had him tune it. little heavy but i still dig it. he painted the frame white and drew skulls on it and cleared it, other than that i thinks its the same as his other j frames lol

bretttattoos
10-02-2013, 06:50 PM
21949These are my daily jammers.. HM mini evolution liner/small shader, Special Technique shader/packer/big liner, Ego color/shader that im still learning.. , and my short stroke polished Storm shader. also have a stealth that i have used twice and only to pull big lines. the little HM has proved to be the best $400 ish ive spent in a while. i fucking love the thing. just hate that it eats rubber bands.. majority of my tattoos are lined with a tight 5 and i either build lines here and there or i setup another machine with a tight 8
21950before i started my official apprenticeship, my mentor/boss man had me build a machine (my first liner). this is it haha. he was building a packer for someone and i stayed one step behind him and built my liner. ended up not getting the sideplate brazed square so i used it maybe twice and put it up.. robbed parts here and there for other stuff... kind of a throwback
21951this is the family.. (have a Nicks machine in the mail.. hopefully adding it this week)

bretttattoos
10-02-2013, 06:54 PM
21952'bout forgot these.. liner/packer set boss man built last year. the tribal machine runs almost too good.

bretttattoos
10-08-2013, 07:07 PM
if any of these machines pop up forsale by chance, let me know. someone came into our shop saturday night late and took all of my coil machines and about 20 of my boss's machines. luckily i still have some rotaries to work with.

does anyone have any tips as to what i can do to try and get this dick bag caught? the police filed a report and all but i doubt they can do much.

many of my machines and pretty much all my boss's machines are 1off or limited run machines that cant really be replaced

he had a pair of one off Jason Haney's, a brass Larry Ross, HM santa maria, i think 4 danny Fowler's, two Martini's, and some of his handmade machines among others that i cant think of off the top of my head.

serial1313
10-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Call every shop w/in 200 miles & check Ebay. Oh & pawn shops.

cagelavey
10-09-2013, 01:33 AM
do you have certificates of authenticity with any of them? that might help to locate some if they are sold to other artist in the area or any pawn shops like serial13 said. man that sucks bro. I read that and instantly got red, I feel for you guys, I really do. definitely go to each shop or at least call them and let them know someone might be coming in to sell machines that were stolen from you and your boss, maybe fax your collections to the other shops, or email the collections to their webpage emails. most other shops should be sympathetic and want to help. and the ass hat is definitely going to try and sell them. so if you put in some leg work, I don't know if its possible to get all or any of them back but you can at least give it a try and get this douche locked up. you have some good pictures to pass out it could only help, good luck and keep us posted, peace bro

bretttattoos
10-09-2013, 09:41 AM
I appreciate it guys.

Heath
10-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Our shop was broken into a few times in the past. I purchased pistol cases and take every machine I own home with me now every night. Luckily I never had my machines stolen because of our locking stations...but still it sucks.

Heath
10-09-2013, 11:44 AM
If you have photographs of the machines you can file a police report and then give them to pawn shops..along with the police report. Basically what serial said is what I'd do. I highly doubt they're gonna use EBay only because that's really easy to track down.

Heath
10-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Another thing..my boss installed wide angle cameras on our building that texts him after hours if the cameras are triggered by movement, only the inside ones. He lives about 100 yards from the shop and put them on the corners too and the breakins stopped.

cagelavey
10-09-2013, 11:48 AM
yeah I don't leave any of my machines at the shop, ive had machines stolen and lost machines to a shop fire. ill never trust that something couldn't happen. one step from a metal suitcase hand cuffed to my wrist.