PDA

View Full Version : Halo and Dragonfly

crabink
10-03-2013, 02:48 AM
I am really curious if anyone has used both of these 2 machines for any length of time?

What I am looking for is a comparison between the hit force of these 2 machines.
The dragon fly has a set shaft with no slider and is around 3.6.
Compared to a Halo 3.6 with a slider which of these 2 machines hit harder with nobs turned tight for no give?

I am trying to see if the Dragonfly is just naturally softer by design.... any extra info would be greatly appreciated... thank you.

reigningink
10-03-2013, 03:23 AM
I've owned both. The halo has a greater strike force than the dragonfly when using the same stroke. Gatson actually designed the halo that way, it allows it to be a better liner than the dragonfly. And I have seen that in my experiences with the machines. I do believe the dragonfly can hit more softly that the halo when let out quite a bit. However, both machines can achieve a softness that renders them unable to deposit ink with any real effectiveness. So this isn't a very useful characteristic to use for comparing. The halo and dragonfly are both top knotch machines. But on terms of overall effectiveness, I would give it to the halo. It has more options for stroke lengths, and has been refined to a beautiful simplicity that only comes from lots of planning and testing.

crabink
10-04-2013, 03:03 AM
yeah.. my co worker has a DF.. and I can set mine up to hit softer.. was just curious... DF seems way overpriced.... but what ever....

anyone else?

nivek
10-04-2013, 11:14 AM
I want to try a Dragonfly but even the used one - I think twice... INterested but not a must have for me. I got one Halo - then got two more bodies and another bolt. I like the Halo, it can do it all, even though I prefer my Kubins for lining, the Halos do a good job for sure.

The adjust ability of switching cams and motorboats made it a no brainer for me, and the Customer service at FK is top notch, he actually listens to his customers.

crabink
10-04-2013, 06:50 PM
yeah i line with cubins too lo...

vodu
10-04-2013, 07:08 PM
I love my halos to do everything, had a DF on hands and thought it was a weak machine when i tried my finger on it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD