PDA

View Full Version : ROTARY WORKS ONE PIECE V.S. ALL-BRASS. any slight difference?

Indio Ink
04-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Ok, this is being O.C. of me, but I hope someone with both machines could tell me which one I should go for. I am about to get a RW machine but Im stuck with choosing between the two, though they might just be different aesthetically - the newer one-piece could run different from the highly-regarded older brass machine.

If dale could send some light on this...(hint, hint)

Thanks!

I.J.

INDIO INK

gangstajay
04-15-2011, 12:31 PM
well I dont have the one piece... I have two of the originals..but just guessing they should run the same.. and they are dope machine

peter clements
04-15-2011, 12:54 PM
The one piece is brass also. They are a very good machine, great value for money.

Indio Ink
04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks pete and gangstajay! yup, both are brass. Maybe the one piece would be a better choice considering less moving parts?

Administrator
04-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks pete and gangstajay! yup, both are brass. Maybe the one piece would be a better choice considering less moving parts?

And the one piece is tight looking!

slicksteel
04-15-2011, 03:21 PM
I would thank the newer one is a bit more weight but less hassels with screws etc comeing loose also much easier to wipe down and keep clean,dale is always improving his stuff so i am sure this is better-if feel the bit of weight forward would make it even more balanced.Altho the first one is also very nice!

gravyray
04-16-2011, 09:57 AM
i have 3 of the regular ones. i like those just because if something were to happen ,say to the block or the chuck ,etc, i can order jus that part or if dale covers it under warranty he only has to come off of just that piece.but thats my negitive out look on things,lol. so far the rotary works are my favorite rotarys,one piece or standard.

gangstajay
04-16-2011, 10:19 AM
well I know he uses thread lock on those things..they are not easy to take apart..lol

Mark5
04-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Ive got one of each and do be honest they are both excellent machines, the only difference is how they look and what your personal taste is, my one piece is sweet looking and my other has sweet looking swastikas.

Indio Ink
04-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Oh man, choices choices:D But I'll go minimalism on this guys... I'll go for the one piece:D Now just have to cancel next month's vacation...then the Bishop next. heheheh. Awesome guys, ill post an update. I still one from Uncle Roy coming in. I just have to make sure the shipment comes through then on to the next machines. I'm sure EVERYONE cold relate. ;D

Indio Ink
04-17-2011, 05:35 PM
For clarification. Uncle Roy-Check - Rotary Works AND Bishop Next. It sounded Like I was canceling a Bishop order. :D Thanks again you guys!

spoonertattoos
07-29-2011, 06:21 AM
are you happy with your one piece choice?

Indio Ink
07-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Still waiting for the one piece aluminum to be done. Dale mentioned they would be ready very soon..:DI'll give some feedback as soon as I get it..:D
;D

Administrator
07-29-2011, 12:20 PM
I doubt you will be disappointed. Only thing to remember is start the power really low and work your way up. 2-3 volts its good for tattooing, 7-9 and you may as well be piloting a helicopter ;)

Indio Ink
07-30-2011, 05:34 AM
I doubt you will be disappointed. Only thing to remember is start the power really low and work your way up. 2-3 volts its good for tattooing, 7-9 and you may as well be piloting a helicopter ;)

That's what I've been hearing.:D I requested for the 12 volt motor. I believe it runs at a much higher voltage..