PDA

View Full Version : uk builder on ebay

1982geeeeb
10-07-2013, 04:09 PM
seen this chap advertise a few of his own built machines on ebay. any body had one used one ect, dont look too bad to be fair, maxon motor, adjustable cam!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Custom-Handmade-Rotary-Tattoo-Machine-Maxon-Motor-Adjustable-Cam-White-/261301972245?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Tattoos_BodyArt_S M&hash=item3cd6cfad15

peter clements
10-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, it has a Maxon motor, accepts RCA and Clipcord, and an adjustable cam of 1-8mm ,I see also his feedbacks are good from people who've purchased the machine. At the price I'm tempted myself.

1982geeeeb
10-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Well, it has a Maxon motor, accepts RCA and Clipcord, and an adjustable cam of 1-8mm ,I see also his feedbacks are good from people who've purchased the machine. At the price I'm tempted myself.

my thoughts exactly hes got others on there in different colours check em out!

slicksteel
10-07-2013, 04:44 PM
that crank and arm looks like the one from the dixon clone rotary....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-New-Arrival-Tattoo-Rotary-Machine-Taiwan-Motor-the-noxid-/271225710146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f264fe642 .

tatu richie
10-07-2013, 04:48 PM
is it bees custom rotary?

bluerocker
10-07-2013, 05:00 PM
I had a couple of coils and an rca cable of him...good builds tbh...coils are really nice and tuned really well...seems a decent chap

casey
10-07-2013, 05:34 PM
I had a couple of coils and an rca cable of him...good builds tbh...coils are really nice and tuned really well...seems a decent chap Agreed! have bought a couple of cables of him in the past, one cable turned up with a slightly different fitting than his previous cables and when I brought this to his attention (they where no where near as good , quality wise) he rectified this quickly and in a friendly manner. So yes he seems a decent chap

slicksteel
10-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Sells knock off Dringenberg
frames!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Uk-Made-Tattoo-Machine-Frame-Finished-Ready-To-Build-A-Custom-Iron-/261285258544?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Tattoos_BodyArt_S M&hash=item3cd5d0a530

Mission Tattoo
10-08-2013, 12:07 AM
I don't like all of those areas to clean

cagelavey
10-08-2013, 12:09 AM
not exactly the same but definitely biting hard.http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4916145274946123&w=181&h=180&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Uk-Made-Tattoo-Machine-Frame-Finished-Ready-To-Build-A-Custom-Iron-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/81cAAOxyVUxSMYwN/$T2eC16hHJF0FFZdOSPBkBSMYwL66t!~~60_12.JPG

hendricksonart.com
10-08-2013, 12:33 AM
those knock off frames are china or atleast you can find knock off ones made in china all over ebay like those

slicksteel
10-08-2013, 12:14 PM
It is a direct knockoff of the older P-2 . The latest model has the hole in the slightly larger chuck front to make it work with disposables better.
http://www.dringenbergtattoocompany.com/P-2_p_14.html
I also think I have seen this roto before on ebay several months ago-it was the first china knock off of the dixon made one-I think he just drilled it out etc.

cagelavey
10-08-2013, 12:26 PM
blatent, lol. no denying that.

OwlsDen
10-12-2013, 01:28 PM
So it was bugging me that I had seen the same frame before and I found two other users of this same frame. Paulo Cruzes, and Crown Machines are both using the exact same frames. I assume they are all sourcing from the same China Distributor. I don't know if it is a knock off of another machines frame or not, I was looking at older HM and Alan Dixon machines looking for the first but I haven't found it yet. Anyone know where this Rotary machine got it's frame?

tatu richie
10-12-2013, 07:17 PM
well i just got a message from the builder, he somehow wrote me on here , he is not a member and said he has tried several times and cant get accepted. this is what he wrote me

Hi, I wanted to contact you directly as I can not post on the forum. I have tried to join previously and my application denied.

I am the builder of the UK built rotary on which you have posted a comment. I feel I need to set the record straight as there is a lot of bull shit bring spoken about it and unfortunately I can't get on to do it publicly.

1. The machine/frame is not from China and is not based on anyone else's design. It is mine and only mine. It is built here in the UK, same as my other frames. People seem to think because the chinese copy the dring frames mine are from there. They are not, and I was doing them long before the Chinese. Why, because someone wanted a couple but could not afford the real deal. There not intended to be a cloned machine, just a look alike frame. Will I be doing them again? Probably not.

2. The cam is indeed based on the noxid. Why? Because it works. I'm not going to try and reinvent the wheel. It does the job and does it well. It is not from china and is in fact sorced in the eu.

The machine has a genuine Maxon Motor. I'm not trying to do anything new, just make a nice machine at a good price. Now, my voice will probably remain unheard and people will continue to trash talk but there it is. One person who has commelted on this post has bought one, we will see if he speaks up about it.

OwlsDen
10-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Thanks for sharing Richie. Machine looks nice enough, I don't meet him any ill will. I was just trying to point out that two other "European builders" use the same frame as his rotary machine. Somebody copied someone or they all buy from the same place. Just saying.

cagelavey
10-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Re: UK rotary he wrote me to, obviously based on the comment I made, he wanted to be heard so its cool, this is what I wrote back:

that's cool homie. I just think that if someone designs a frame and a person wanted that frame and couldn't get it, it just seems crazy to build a copy of that frame. that's just me. no disrespect or anything, I just think that youre a machine builder and you obviously have skill. in my opinion you could have told the guy, I cant do that, its not my design but I can make you an awesome one off design that you may like even better. I don't know maybe im wrong. not trying to make any judgements or anything. just you being a machine builder I figure you know what goes into designing a machine, so if you create something it kind of sucks when someone copies it. I appreciate the fact that it is not a knock off from china, but a copy is a copy no matter what country it is from. im glad you said you wont make any more though, and id really like to see what you come up with in the future. thank you for the time you took to contact us, and maybe write the administrator and figure out why you have been denied membership. you might be able to get it straightened out. peace
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/images/styles/blackfolio/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ac30
Hi, I wanted to contact you directly as I can not post on the forum. I have tried to join previously and my application denied.

I am the builder of the UK built rotary on which you have posted a comment. I feel I need to set the record straight as there is a lot of bull shit bring spoken about it and unfortunately I can't get on to do it publicly.

1. The machine/frame is not from China and is not based on anyone else's design. It is mine and only mine. It is built here in the UK, same as my other frames. People seem to think because the chinese copy the dring frames mine are from there. They are not, and I was doing them long before the Chinese. Why, because someone wanted a couple but could not afford the real deal. There not intended to be a cloned machine, just a look alike frame. Will I be doing them again? Probably not.

2. The cam is indeed based on the noxid. Why? Because it works. I'm not going to try and reinvent the wheel. It does the job and does it well. It is not from china and is in fact sorced in the eu.

The machine has a genuine Maxon Motor. I'm not trying to do anything new, just make a nice machine at a good price. Now, my voice will probably remain unheard and people will continue to trash talk but there it is. One person who has commelted on this post has bought one, we will see if he speaks up about it.

OwlsDen
10-12-2013, 08:45 PM
I have been writing with him and have sent him some pictures. He says a friend of his makes the frames for him. His is different from the Paulo Cruzes machines however the crown machine looks pretty close. I sent him this pic as well

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/13/pyna4y6y.jpg

Hey I wish him the best. Machine like I said before seems nice enough. I'll give anyone a chance. Maybe crown is copying him. The vices are slightly square on the crown machines. Or maybe I just see a close resemblance that isn't that close.

tatu richie
10-12-2013, 10:20 PM
I have been writing with him and have sent him some pictures. He says a friend of his makes the frames for him. His is different from the Paulo Cruzes machines however the crown machine looks pretty close. I sent him this pic as well

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/13/pyna4y6y.jpg

Hey I wish him the best. Machine like I said before seems nice enough. I'll give anyone a chance. Maybe crown is copying him. The vices are slightly square on the crown machines. Or maybe I just see a close resemblance that isn't that close.
wow no shit, str8 copy

slicksteel
10-13-2013, 02:21 AM
The Crown and this threads UK made ones are different-the Crown ones chuck is threaded for the other side.Also the back frame area has area for a clip cord binder on the bottom and has one frame lug with a hole large enough for a rca. Also the chuck is square and the tube hole is set forward.

OwlsDen
10-13-2013, 04:32 AM
Agreed I pointed out that the chuck is square on the crown and that maybe I was looking for a similarity to be there that isn't. Thanks for pointing out the others. As I told him if it wasn't for the look alike coil frames I wouldn't have been looking for the look alike frame for his rotary.

He has mentioned that he would be happy to offer a discount to forum members, so if anyone wants to try one out get in touch with him.

directDRIVE
10-13-2013, 08:45 AM
I have no interest in 'stirring the pot' and don't care much for 'he said, she said' goings on.

I also don't care much for 'bending the truth'

... He says a friend of his makes the frames for him.

Quoted directly from eBay listing:

"The Machines Are 100% My Own, Built In My Workshop, By Me, Available Only From Me"

Good luck to him

OwlsDen
10-13-2013, 09:01 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/13/4u5uzuba.jpg

Here is the message he sent to me. Certainly they are at least assembled by him.

I feel I have done enough, and I don't feel like I am helping the situation any so I will leave the subject alone. I hope he can speak for himself from now on.

peter clements
10-14-2013, 05:47 AM
I've taken the initiative to get one of these machines ,thus I can examine it properly. The first thing that is easy to check by examination of the machine ,is that it indeed has a genuine Maxon motor, a low voltage one 3-5 volts from the A series. adjustment of speed without losing punch is what you would expect from Maxon, very good. The machine is well made ,everything is in good alignment . Simply this is a good rotary at a fair price, regarding the coil frame issue, well to me that's something no-one should fall out of bed about,how many generic, Jonesy, Jensen, Zeiss, etc ,have you seen ,and versions done by the very top builders. I would only ask the seller of this machine to adopt a "sale to professionals only" policy, but hey, he may already do that. I don't think it would hurt to allow the man to speak up for himself here, but the that's for Admin to decide, as members we're entitled to one opinion each.

ac30
10-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Ok, Im finally on at last. For all forum members i'm offering 10% off my machine. I have around 20 motors left which I got for a real good price. After that the machines will go up to £170. I will still honer 10% off that price too. I will post this this in a separate post too.