PDA

View Full Version : having a play with making a machine and grip to fit ...hawk needles and t tech

rotaryworks
10-08-2013, 08:17 AM
having a bit of a play with some old stuff at the shop ...i put a needle bar to see if it would work with the hawk needle cartridge ...so i have been messing around for a few weeks with this idea now and most of all the bits i made 10 year ago work with this idea ..so it got me thinking everyone is using the t tech and hawk needles so i think i might have a go and make a machine and a grip set to fit the needles ...my style i.m thinking going all out as well and using maxon motors ....what do you all think ../????

Zapp
10-08-2013, 08:41 AM
I want to try !!!!

skinmech
10-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Just to get an image in my head, would you be converting the orbital motion of the motor to linear...Or driving the needle bar/plunger off of a cam ?...

Nedz
10-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Look at what Inkjecta are using on their Flite 2 quite a clever idea but not a new one. Ronnie Star did something similar in the 70's on a normal needle bar.

rotaryworks
10-08-2013, 09:06 AM
dont know yet paul still having a play ..these are just bit ihave in a box ..will have a look at inkjet ....just an idea is all might be nothing ..we don't try we dont know

rotaryworks
10-08-2013, 09:09 AM
yea they nice good old curtain wire ...yea not looking to do that with mine and i want it take normal grips simple is me .....

fkirons
10-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Snap! I am working on and articulated Drive Bar as we speak.
Looking good Dale.

rotaryworks
10-08-2013, 09:40 AM
wicked do love new stuff

cagelavey
10-08-2013, 10:49 AM
awesome, I love this direction. cant wait to see the development of all this, from rotary works and fki! I feel tattooing is at a technological apex and its because of builders like you guys being in a constant state of evolution with your builds! keep it coming, makes me rub my hands together like birdman, lol

fkirons
10-08-2013, 12:44 PM
makes me rub my hands together like birdman, lol
Hahahahahaha, I can picture that LOL.

Nedz
10-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Just to throw my hat in the ring, I am also working on similar system plus the new MR03 will be out in a few weeks after final testing.

cagelavey
10-08-2013, 03:05 PM
that's cool I was always intrigued by the mr03. definitely saw its potential. cant wait to see the improvements.

cagelavey
10-08-2013, 03:08 PM
will you guys, all be focusing on the option of give in the bar like the earlier post by rw, or will the designs be more no give like the thunder. I for one love the option of give on a machine if done well

fkirons
10-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Just to throw my hat in the ring, I am also working on similar system plus the new MR03 will be out in a few weeks after final testing.

I'm sure you are.

Nedz
10-08-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm sure you are.
Better keep your ideas under wraps then.

jasonadelinia
10-08-2013, 07:42 PM
To bring this back on track... I very much look forward to this. I'm sure a rotary works cart system will be a great machine!

fkirons
10-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Better keep your ideas under wraps then.
I'd say instead: builders better have a bit of integrity.

rotaryworks
10-10-2013, 04:54 AM
220292203022031ok so here is where i have got to so far simple cheap and quality ..and a maxon motor .......cant show you the grip thats a prototype shhhhhhhh secrets ........let me know what you think ....yes it can alll be made so the grip sits lower off the hand ..still playing prototype 1 enjoys ..

OwlsDen
10-10-2013, 05:37 AM
Purely an observation. I like the thinner brass for the back plate. I imagine it retains it's rigidity very well. I would also assume it cuts a lot of weight. As does the smaller Maxon motor. I would enjoy seeing a variation of your new springer with a small body like this. I think whatever you make it will be a quality machine. Best of luck Dale, an keep us posted.

skinmech
10-10-2013, 05:53 AM
I wasn't keen with lining with t-tech or cheyanne carts, imo they were really, really good for colour work..My first impression is, I think a cam driven "plunger" has advantages and disadvantages...

Advantages...May help create a "trebori" effect when using magnum carts for colour work...By that I mean it will help work the ink into the skin as opposed to driving it in,, People who run DDO's will know what I mean..

Disadvantages...Possibly too much vibration when lining, and, depending on length of the needle bar "plunger" the orbital action could lead to issues with the inbuilt cart spring...The longer the bar, the less stress on the cart "plunger".

HOWEVER, nothing ventured, nothing gained....I am positive you have thought all this through Dale, so, it will rock.......:D

rotaryworks
10-11-2013, 03:24 PM
220512205222053idea 2 this is better no vibration and runs smooth ...just remember its a prototype ...what you think .............i like how rough it looks but will tart it up a bit nice screws a nice wrap on the motor cartridge machine almost there ..going stick with maxon motor as well fits nice ..

johndameart
10-11-2013, 03:36 PM
doesnt work.. i think its the file from your computer rather than a link

rotaryworks
10-11-2013, 03:38 PM
can u see it now ??

rotaryworks
10-11-2013, 03:44 PM
/Users/tattoo140/Desktop/IMG_1294.MOV

johndameart
10-11-2013, 03:46 PM
yep yep, just came up :) looks great!

rotaryworks
10-12-2013, 10:30 AM
22069220702207122072ok still playing around ...this is my old rotary i made back in 1998 i used every day loved this machine ...and now look i can use cartridge with it whoop whoop .......and pic 4 no its not a needle runner it a guide for the needle bar alot of you may not of seen these but whaen i started thats how it was done no loop on needle bar just a back stem with plastic insert in it or s steel solid back stem with hole drilled through but s steel rubbing against each other not good ......the things i used to use then how i have learnt so many things ...good times and good fun ....dont miss making needle though .....well there it is another simple idea ....

OwlsDen
10-12-2013, 01:17 PM
I saw a whole bunch of these ( looks like these ) machines in eBay.co.uk for about 60€ a piece. Did you make those too, Dale?

OwlsDen
10-12-2013, 02:10 PM
http://bit.ly/GLt1K7

eBay link.

rotaryworks
10-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi there one thing I don't do sell on ebay I'm in Surrey .. I have seen them I think they are Ronny star machines .. Not me no no no got love flea bay

OwlsDen
10-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Hi there one thing I don't do sell on ebay I'm in Surrey .. I have seen them I think they are Ronny star machines .. Not me no no no got love flea bay

I had dismissed them as something I wouldn't wanna mess with. However if you had been the builder I might have grabbed one. I don't sell on eBay either, however I am a causal shopper.

cagelavey
10-13-2013, 12:05 PM
ebay needs to shut this shit down, it just seems like it should be considered what it is, theft, intellectual theft. no reason why they should be able to get away with marketing someone elses designs. they do the same thing with shoes, clothes, everything. knock off central. if only there were a way to petition ebay, with a few thousand signatures and let them know what they are party to. its disgusting.

rotaryworks
10-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Honesty you could say tattoo supplie company's are like ebay ripping us all of know nothing about what we do just sell anything to anyone .. At silly prices .. I have been sourcing my own stuff of late .. Disposable grips I buy direct now no vat no shipping and a third of the price .. Plus why buy from them when u can get it direct it's where they getting them from .. I many my own clip cords for us at the shop now as well and foot pedals clip cored bags I buy on a roll now .. Colour and needles I buy from suppliers but can't odds that .. All makes a big difference ..

OwlsDen
10-13-2013, 03:10 PM
I know this has all cascaded well off topic.

When do we get to see the grip? What makes it so secret?

cagelavey
10-13-2013, 03:30 PM
id like to know when the grip will be available, is it possible that it is ss? is that something you might be able to tell us? if you cant that's understandable also. i love all the knew grips coming out! cant wait until, all the knew grip designers, FKI, Bishop, RW, etc. start their hands at cartridges also! it would be awesome to have a variety of AFORDABLE carts from awesome builders like these guys.

rotaryworks
10-13-2013, 03:46 PM
mine not a big secret at all just covered it up is all but i hope to have some to show this week ...as usual i want to make this as cheap as possible so thinking on a set of 5 grips for around £100 shipped may be there or there about ish ....there is something else i,m doing as well a simple idea to fit any machine now thats a secret .......i hope to get that this week as well .......and should have a finished product of the machine as well this week ...just to add that will be a machine to use with catridges and will take the hawk adjustable grip as well with a maxon motor for under £150 shipped and pos a grip with it as well .....the grips will be made out of s steel aluminium and plastic high grade ....its going be an exiting week me thinks

Zapp
10-13-2013, 03:53 PM
If i understand it right the grips are adjustable like the hawk ????

rotaryworks
10-13-2013, 04:00 PM
the ones i,m doing no they not ( YET )..........but the hawk adjustable gip will fit my machine ....

Zapp
10-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Ahhhh,o.k ! Thank you mate !

cagelavey
10-13-2013, 08:55 PM
that's exciting, thank you so much for the price consideration, that's awesome bro. mad respect.

rotaryworks
10-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Dh22106221062210522105Ok I thought I was the only one to design this but I was told I wasn't.. but as it's just a prototype I put some pics up .. Doubts I make it now .. This is aluminium .. That's my new black aluminium ultimate spring as well lol..

jasonadelinia
10-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Hey D
ale, do you have any of those adapters going as I really want to buy one! The one to attach a hawk grip to another machine! I think it would be great if you manufactured some.

rotaryworks
10-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Prob not going to make them but have had a few made I send u one when they done ..

cagelavey
10-14-2013, 03:37 PM
"Dale" i love the fact that you are making ss, aluminum and , disposable. so many people like so many different things, it only makes sense to have a variety. the price on Francos disposables are amazing! around a dollar a piece is awesome! one disposable grip will last an entire tattoo so multiple carts and only one grip makes that an amazing price! this is so crazy cool! i really think with the production of disposable cart grips becoming available here soon it is going to change the whole needle game. a lot of people have held out on making the jump to carts because of the lack of disposables. i believe the making and distribution of these disposable cart grips is going to pull a huge amount of new customers to the cartridge movement! its the future of tattooing. i know there will be quite a few people that still will use standard needles and tubes, but to me cartridges just make so much more sense. the convenience and stability, lack of needle jump or the need for needle runners and bending needle bars, etc., is just a whole other element of nonsence out of the way. now with carts and disposable grips, the term "plug and play" has a whole new meaning!

cagelavey
10-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Hey Gaston" what do you think is going to be the going price on your grips, as i can tell they are made a lil different? just wondering cause i know you put an exceptional amount of quality in your products and im definitely going to grab some of yours when they are out!

rotaryworks
10-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Hi dude I'm not making disposable grips not me .. Just grips for cartridge needles

cagelavey
10-16-2013, 03:33 AM
hey dale seen the video of the machine running on facebook, looks like it works rather well! excited to see where it goes from here.

jasonadelinia
10-16-2013, 08:31 AM
That would be great! Let me know when they are ready and what you want for it and I can PayPal you! Looking forward to the progress on this machine too!

rotaryworks
10-30-2013, 02:51 PM
223662236722368ok this is it the cartridge machine and grip this is an order only machine …… speck on machine
1/ this machine comes with a maxon motor and 1 cartridge grip and brass frame .
2/the price £180 +shipping
3/the grip is fully ( autoclave able and you can ultrasonic it )..it is plastic but the best of plastics black and ivory ..the back stem has a guide in it making easier to guide the rod …this back stem is shorter to fit my machine but will come with regular size as well so u can use on any machine …
4/this machines weighs with grip 4/5 ounce very light ..
5/ the grip i will have on the site soon price i don't have at this time but no more than £40 each ….my goal is to sell 3 for £100 but working on that so hold tight please ….

please add any feedback that would be great many thanks dale ……….hope you like respect as always

johndameart
10-30-2013, 03:31 PM
this thing is awesome looking :)

cagelavey
10-30-2013, 03:57 PM
The only other guy I know of that makes the adapters is nedz , to the best of my knowledge. I think there is a very viable market for them

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

cagelavey
10-30-2013, 04:03 PM
£ 100,is how many us dollars? I could pry look it up but am in the car at a stop light, lol. My addiction is out of hand with this site. :-)

cagelavey
10-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Is there a possibility of a custom cart machine that could look similar to the springer? Of all your machines I love that design most. Also would it be possible to use the drive bars from the flite v2 on your cart machine? I like the idea of that maybe being a possibility. I want a flite and will probably get one sooner or later, but if there were a cartridge machine out there like yours with a quality Maxon motor, ability to Change drive bars if so inclined, and an awesome affordable price like your machines have, i'd be completely sold! Thanks for answering my questions, I love the grip by the way also, and the price is very competitive for an autoclavable grip of its design and caliber :-) :-D