View Full Version : magnetic rotary?

Panos tattoo
10-12-2013, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ylvadPvjt4
anyone seen anything like it?opinions ?

Burlakov
10-12-2013, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ylvadPvjt4
anyone seen anything like it?opinions ?your planet?

sacredsouls
10-12-2013, 06:17 PM
John Clark magnetic. Haven't got to use one but some guys on here have them and rave about them.

Dreviltattoo
10-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Pretty heavy from what I've heard. There was one on eBay not long ago.

Panos tattoo
10-13-2013, 09:03 AM
your planet?
my planet is a place where they use coil machines.i visited yours because i bought 2 rotaries and wanted to learn something from artists who have experience with them.
And ....yes i ask to learn something i dont know even though for some guys is very familiar.
if you want a tour to my planet dont hesitate to ask.if its something i know i will explain without making fun of you.:)

Heath
10-13-2013, 09:41 AM
....you know a planet is like Saturn, Mars or Jupiter....

cagelavey
10-13-2013, 12:01 PM
I think its a real good concept. maybe throw a rubber bushing around the center magnet to quiet the noise a bit when it hits. I think it may work really decent since the down force would be considerable because of the pull of the center magnet. the concept seems really similar to how a coil works, very interesting. if im correct don't john clarks work just a lil different?

Administrator
10-13-2013, 01:26 PM
my planet is a place where they use coil machines.i visited yours because i bought 2 rotaries and wanted to learn something from artists who have experience with them.
And ....yes i ask to learn something i dont know even though for some guys is very familiar.
if you want a tour to my planet dont hesitate to ask.if its something i know i will explain without making fun of you.:)

I think something may have been lost in translation there. :)

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

cagelavey
10-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Yeah I don't get the whole planet thing? Are you saying you only use coils, and that our world is a world of rotary? And you visited "our" world and are/aren't satisfied? Not understanding?!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

tattood
10-13-2013, 02:29 PM
I think something may have been lost in translation there. :)

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Clearly, you get people together from all over the world things will get lost in translation and intent misconstrued. Don't read to much into it!

cagelavey
10-13-2013, 03:38 PM
im not looking into it to much just want to know what is being said, so i can share information properly. don't want to make assumptions and offend anyone.

Burlakov
10-13-2013, 04:01 PM
if you want a tour to my planet dont hesitate to ask.if its something i know i will explain without making fun of you.:)I did not mean to offend you, I just thought it strange that you do not know Clark

darkness
10-13-2013, 04:04 PM
its a very hard hitting machine with adjustable stroke and give , but a lot of weight and vibration. I would prefer it for big mags only . The machines cost around 500 USD and you can send clark a mail over facebook

Heath
10-13-2013, 11:32 PM
its a very hard hitting machine with adjustable stroke and give , but a lot of weight and vibration. I would prefer it for big mags only . The machines cost around 500 USD and you can send clark a mail over facebook
Not to be a dick...but can't a direct drive do the same thing?

peezie
10-14-2013, 12:39 AM

Theres a direct drive with adjustable stroke and give? Where?

serial1313
10-14-2013, 12:57 AM
There are a few w/ adjustable stroke but none w/ give that I know of.

darkness
10-14-2013, 09:01 AM
you have the give option on the clark , but i would not need this - i love to work without give

John
10-14-2013, 11:42 AM
The Clark machine you can tune it to hit just like a coil cause it is still magnets the armature will have that nice fan to it
you can stop it with your finger, you also can make it as punchy ass hell to drive nails it is very adjustable

darkness
10-14-2013, 12:07 PM
and the weight ? I put off the weight and balance

scottrallen
10-14-2013, 01:07 PM
There is an adjustable direct drive with give. I remember seeing it on here some time back Its called Torch. Seems like and interesting concept.
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/6593-TORCH-video-of-cam-system-in-action?highlight=torch

darkness
10-14-2013, 01:30 PM
yes but the cam breaks from time to time ...its a nice idea but not finished

Panos tattoo
10-16-2013, 05:39 AM
no its not a lost in translation thing:) when i shared the link because i was exited when i saw it i asked if anyone seen something like this because for me its something clever.a friend said which planet im i from (the way i get it is how come you dont know it?but with a heavy dose of irony)i didnt know that it was something so familiar to everyone else, because im new in rotaries.so it felt good to answer what i said.i know more than the average Joe about coil machines but i dont know shit about rotaries.thats why i joined this forum and i loved it because artists and builders here share knowledge that i would give an arm and a leg to get.so "not satisfied" has nothing to do with it.feels more like a privilege to be here :) if he didnt meant it the way i got it,my apologies for answering with irony.

Panos tattoo
10-16-2013, 05:43 AM
I did not mean to offend you, I just thought it strange that you do not know Clark
no worries mate:) everything cool:)

cagelavey
10-16-2013, 01:41 PM
That's all gravy. I just didn't understand :-) I love this place too. I completely feel rotaries are the way of the future. I'll always own a couple coils but I just love a rotary with a cartridge grip, and adjustable cams! Everything is so simple it just makes since to me.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

No Iron Machines
11-04-2013, 09:45 AM
I have pleasure to saw a john clarck magnetic rotary and try run , very wel done machine, and run very good, but for my opinion have something worng, becouse the machine always stop the needles outside the tubes, anyway,. So i think is not good idea

the machine is very nice done, nothing to say about that, but for me, is alike build a nice car without the doors....