PDA

View Full Version : stylus H or the stylus S?

eric03
10-16-2013, 02:11 AM
So i have been looking to get a stylus n i don't know which one would b the better option. the H or the S? if n e one has n e review or a clear understanding to what the differences are, it would b really appreciated. thanks

elbo
10-16-2013, 02:28 AM
I have a H and a S...Love them both...Although in my opinion theres not a lot of difference between the two...The S is slightly softer...I chose to keep my Stylus's and sell off my hawk spirit and thunder.In my opinion the stylus is a better machine and has a lot more going for it. It has to be the most comfortable machine you will ever hold and it allows great colour saturation with probably the least skin trauma i have ever witnessed...It also allows for amazingly easy B&G work...I will admit i cant line with them! ive tried but cant get the hang of it...But i will try again.
The needle depth adjustment is the best ive used and the adjustable part is so easy to clean...And its reasonably priced so you wont mind buying quite a few...I bag my cartridge end just like i did with the hawk grips as it keeps any ink off it,then when i have finished inking with it its washed and then claved...None of that "i can just keep bagging it without claving"that i hear from some hawk users...this part of the machine is also pretty much unbreakable unlike the hawk grip.
Now i try and go through lots of machines and the fact ive no intention of ever selling my stylus's says a lot!
One of my favorite machines that puts a smile on my face every time i use it. I think you will be happy with either the H or the S ...

eric03
10-16-2013, 02:44 AM
thanks elbo. i was leaning towards the h. i want it just to do color n b/g actually. i still can't seem to find anything better than my swashdrives to line with. aside from the spektra which i just got n it seems to b a real nice liner.at least for me. do u know why u can't use hawk cartridges with the stylus?

ckjr
10-16-2013, 02:46 AM
Agreed. I don't see much of a difference between the S&H. I love both of them and if it came down to it and could only have one machine it would definitely be the stylus. I too struggle a little with lining, but slowly I'm getting better at it. I find I have an easier time lining with the S over the H.

ckjr
10-16-2013, 02:47 AM
thanks elbo. i was leaning towards the h. i want it just to do color n b/g actually. i still can't seem to find anything better than my swashdrives to line with. aside from the spektra which i just got n it seems to b a real nice liner.at least for me. do u know why u can't use hawk cartridges with the stylus?

Hawk carts just take more power to push

eric03
10-16-2013, 02:56 AM
thanks ckjr for the input. I'm still not quite understanding the whole cartridge system. excuse my stupidity but why would it take more power to push one cartridge from another?

ckjr
10-16-2013, 03:01 AM
its just that there is more resistance on the hawk carts. Ttechs san work with lower power because the rubber band in it has less tension. I've used Hawk carts on the stylus, but you have to leave the machine running and insert the cart, if not the machine wont start. It does slow the machine down quite a bit and you can feel it struggle so its not the smartest idea

eric03
10-16-2013, 03:14 AM
thanks man. i appreciate the info. cheyenne just always seem to rub me the wrong way for some reason. plus i like how the stylus is made to order n its from a private builder. i still don't get why theres only two cartridge companies in the game right now.

ckjr
10-16-2013, 03:32 AM
I look at it like theres only one

elbo
10-16-2013, 03:56 AM
Stick with the t techs....Easier on the motor...more for your money and super fast shipping..