PDA

View Full Version : Super hot gen 6

Zophod12
04-18-2011, 02:14 AM
My coworker just got his gen 6 back from repair and got a new motor, he kept saying it was getting hot that's why he sent it back, yesterday gets it back and after 10 min says it's too hot to work with hands the machine to me after it's cooled down a bit, thing was hot enough for me to drop it like 300 degrees hot I'm surprised the frme didn't melt. It is a beloved gen 6! With a couple years on it, any ideas as to what's wrong? Wiring maybe? I wonder if the guys didn't run it long enough to notice the heat issue but it gets seriously hot in like 2 minuets and they are far away...

Administrator
04-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Have you guys tried contacting swash? Its probably time we email swash and invite them to join the forum so they can help answer some of these questions.

Zophod12
04-18-2011, 11:35 PM
That would be cool to get them on here, love these machines and have never had a single problem with any of them.
Just weird haven't seen a rotary get hot like a coil, but with a coil I know how to fix it, I'm just more or less curious as to what could make it heat up, but I guess all electrical devices produce heat

Alie K
04-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Most of my rotaries get warm after running them nonstop for at least an hour or so, but not HOT. I've heard mixed things about swash customer service. Do you think they claimed to have fixed it to humor you and just sent it back? Did they charge you for this repair? Maybe it would be worth contacting them and telling them that their repair didn't work? How long does it have to run (and at what voltage) before it gets to the point where it's uncomfortably hot?

The Limey
04-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I would have thought that the repair its self would be covered by some sort of warranty. Have you contacted them and explained the problem?