View Full Version : Prototype

tatoo-kid
04-18-2011, 12:07 PM
I never used a rotary machine.
So, I decide to build one.
Here is the first specs.22532254

elbo
04-18-2011, 02:35 PM
My God!!!! you sure thats not a part of a gas cooker?...I dont want to sound too harsh buts its not much of a looker is it?

gravyray
04-18-2011, 03:02 PM
i have to agree!! If you never used a rotary, why would you try to build one,You have no knowledge of what would make a good rotary for you or others. i'm a lil confused on that one.

tatoo-kid
04-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Yes I never used a rotary and so?
Iīm only trying, I donīt like to be a copy, Iīm just trying to do the things by my self.
we need to show some diference sometimes.
I have two sunskin coil machines for my day work, this machine is only an expirience.

gravyray
04-19-2011, 08:24 AM

Well, It's because you don't have a basis of how they work in the hand. How they should run or how you would want them to run. I understand wanting to experiment and doing things yourself,thats cool.Nothing like doing it yourself and have a machine you created but without knowing what you like in a rotary machine your jus putting parts together. To me ,I love building things on my own but i also want function with form. Thats why and so? It sounds like you got defensive when theres really no need to be ,if you are? I was just wondering why if there was no experience with them. Usually,you would use something and then try to make it better or then create your own. Good luck with your new build.

tatoo-kid
04-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Thankīs, now I understand.
yes you have reason, but will also buy a neotat or a rapier, this machine is only a expirience, a way of understandig how it really works.
Thanks

Dan Kubin
04-21-2011, 10:47 AM
I think it is pretty cool that you would try putting something together.
I made my first direct drive rotary before owning one...it was a disaster, but still part of my learning experience.
Can you show us a pic with it set up with an needle and tube?
I'm a little confused on how the thing works.

peter clements
04-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Iīm only trying, I donīt like to be a copy, Iīm just trying to do the things by my self.
we need to show some diference sometimes.
I have two sunskin coil machines for my day work, this machine is only an expirience.

I normally don't advocate buying chinese crap, but here's a simple idea. Buy two or three of those cheapos off Ebay,different types, then you can take em to bits, play about to your hearts content. Also when you invest in the good machines you'll see why they are good.

tatoo-kid
04-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Thankīs Dan Kubin
The part that fix the tube is not in the picture.
But later a post more pic.
Like you said, this is a part of my learning expirience.

tatoo-kid
04-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Yes peter clements I have allready buy a Stealh machine.
And later I will buy a good machine.

Rattus
04-21-2011, 03:51 PM
You can build a rotary no problem....but will it work well and not dig ditches is another story.
I've been working on some pretty much since I joined here.