PDA

View Full Version : Centri Next Gen NEWS!

Cyberitual
10-31-2013, 03:25 AM
Hey everyone, I know... where the fuck have i been... please dont ask lol. Anyways i wanted to let everyone know that as of November 1st the next generation Centri Machines will be available for PREORDERS! The FIRST 50 Centri's will go for $475.00! Thats $100.00 OFF! First come first serve! Website will be available Nov 1st. www.centritattoo.com (http://www.centritattoo.com) The Centri's will ship January 2014. 22383

peter clements
10-31-2013, 08:14 AM
Let's have a video of this thing in action :)

jasonadelinia
10-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Yes yes yes!!! I cannot wait, hense my shouting!!! Video please!

jasonadelinia
10-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Also what are the features? Maintenance free motor? Adjustable??

Justink
10-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Please email me i could do with a chat I did message you a while ago need your phone number

Cyberitual
10-31-2013, 02:39 PM
OUT OF RESPECT FOR THIS FORUM I WILL POST THIS ADDRESS A DAY EARLY BUT PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE UNTIL THIS SITE GOES PUBLIC TONIGHT MIDNIGHT MY TIME IN CALIFORNIA.

http://www.centritattoo.com/index1.html

We wont be posting videos until mid December.

peezie
10-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Yea, this new design looks awesome. Hope the kinks have been worked out. I still have my first centri. Good luck on this bro. Can you list what improvements/additions have been added?

peezie
10-31-2013, 02:44 PM
NVM. Just read the improvements on your site. Great work. Wish you luck on this.

cagelavey
10-31-2013, 03:02 PM
that is one of the most beautiful things in existence!! I cant stop looking at it

throwhammers
10-31-2013, 03:30 PM
looks so cool! Smaller, with a light and swiveling rca etc, but functionally the same as the last version, right?

Cyberitual
10-31-2013, 03:39 PM
The only thing thats the same as our last version is the motor and the weight connected to it and even the motor has been upgraded to 12v. This version is completly controlable, You can make it run any way you want. Just dont exceed 12 volts.

OwlsDen
10-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Best of luck to you. I hope to hear good things, when people get to try them out.

cagelavey
10-31-2013, 04:22 PM
with the release of the new ego, the spektra edge, and now the centri 2 on the horizon, Im happier than a fag wit a bag full o' dicks!, lol. I love the direction rotaries are going in. I feel we're on the cusp of a technological revolution with machines of this caliber. if and when these future designs prove to be more than just aesthetically pleasing I really believe we'll be entering a new era for this industry and the tools available for a never before seen capability for application. I know amazing art is more than the sum of the tools available, skills and imaginative ability are the true revolution. which, is my point. the machines being developed today along with other tools such as needle cartridges, etc., pushing the envelope of creativity. no longer is the art being contained within the application of the tattoo, but now the art exist within the instruments used for the application. all just my thoughts on the subject. my hat is off to the design and proposed function of this revolutionary machine, bravo! (and yet again, rubbing my hands together like birdman):D

Ourson777
11-01-2013, 12:34 AM
god damnit i wish i had money

jasonadelinia
11-01-2013, 05:00 AM
I pre ordered a red on this morning. Anyone else? I cannot wait for its release!

Dman
11-27-2013, 12:02 PM
I preordered the other day got a Green one coming. Cant wait! Im already drawing up something to break it in.

mrbudgie
11-27-2013, 07:26 PM
so if I pre-order, is it just an assumption that I am pre-ordering a prototype if there is no videos or pics of anything as of yet. As I dont understand how I cant preorder a finished product ( I understand the need for pre orders to get the production started) but there are no prototype versions..

OwlsDen
11-30-2013, 06:16 PM
so if I pre-order, is it just an assumption that I am pre-ordering a prototype if there is no videos or pics of anything as of yet. As I dont understand how I cant preorder a finished product ( I understand the need for pre orders to get the production started) but there are no prototype versions..

Well, you can also assume it is a revision of a previous model. An improvement on an already established machine. I have the original Centri. Still use it too. Make a great color packer. I am sure that when he ships it, it will be an improvement over the original. Now maybe the first could be considered a prototype and this could be the final version as a lot of people has issues with the first. If you are hesitant, then wait for them to ship before you order one so you can hear peoples first opinions.

Dman
11-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Well said @owlsden. Mike is an established builder with top quality customer service. If you're afraid of new then wait but you miss out on the deal he is offering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

mrbudgie
11-30-2013, 08:26 PM
I like mike and was pleased with his customer service I bought a second version centri new from mike and he was always supportive. But it cost me a hell of a lot 600 plus dollars to uk for an unfinished product. Personally felt like I had been charged full wack for a prototype product. I shouldnt of paid full wack to test a new machine out and give feedback on issues. It should of been well past that stage. The rotar didn't get this much leniency. When it worked it was superb. When it was being a pain in ass it needing headbutting. All I am saying is there should of been reviews of this by tattooist that have put it threw its paces. But there hasnt even been a picture of an actual machine. I dont see gaston or franco for instance going down this avenue. I ain't saying they haven't had there issues because they have, but no where in same league. Look at jimmee I am taking part in his prototypes he is charging small amount compared to what his retail price aim is and his is doing a small run to start. A nice transparent process to begin with.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

skinmech
11-30-2013, 09:02 PM
I like mike and was pleased with his customer service I bought a second version centri new from mike and he was always supportive. But it cost me a hell of a lot 600 plus dollars to uk for an unfinished product. Personally felt like I had been charged full wack for a prototype product. I shouldnt of paid full wack to test a new machine out and give feedback on issues. It should of been well past that stage. The rotar didn't get this much leniency. When it worked it was superb. When it was being a pain in ass it needing headbutting. All I am saying is there should of been reviews of this by tattooist that have put it threw its paces. But there hasnt even been a picture of an actual machine. I dont see gaston or franco for instance going down this avenue. I ain't saying they haven't had there issues because they have, but no where in same league. Look at jimmee I am taking part in his prototypes he is charging small amount compared to what his retail price aim is and his is doing a small run to start. A nice transparent process to begin with.

Point taken...

skinmech
11-30-2013, 09:08 PM
IMO, and the people who shared with me..There were many, many issues with the original Centri...Maybe this version has improved on that...But, I still "feel" that people are carrying out the "research and development"...I really hope this succeeds..

reigningink
11-30-2013, 09:28 PM
I can kind of understand why no actual photos or videos have been put up. With china copying everything now adays, you can't be too careful. I had an original centri, and yes i had issues with it. But every problem was fixed promptly with great customer service. I pre-ordered one of the new ones, because I feel like this technology has real potential and I really believe this new version will address alot of the issues brought up with the old model. But as always, we shall see when its in my hands.

tattoomoney
12-01-2013, 12:32 PM
I think Cyberitual is giving out a $100 discount for pre-order really is a great deal. I placed a pre-order with FK Irons and paid in full for 2 Stefano artist signature version without discount or any review on them. I'm sure it'll worth it, and sometime you just got to have faith in the company you dealing with.

ATS
12-01-2013, 01:19 PM
I've not had any first hand experiences with the Centri.. But I've heard both sides of the story so far..
I think it's a lot easier to support builders in the USA if you are based there too. But for us guys across the pond it really can be much more of a pain in the proverbial if you have any problems, for all the obvious reasons.
I wish Mike all the best and really hope this version of the Centri is a flying success right from the off... Then I guess we'll kicking ourselves if we haven't jumped on his offer..

mrbudgie
12-03-2013, 04:34 AM
I could be based on the moon shouldn't matter if its a finished well tested product of course things break snd a builder can't plan for that but consistency should there at least.

Feel free to take part mike

reigningink
12-26-2013, 07:09 AM
Its getting close the end of the year. I was wondering if there is any new news on this new centri? Is everything still on schedule for January shipping of the pre-orders? Any teaser pics ? :)

peezie
12-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Posted dec17

peezie
12-26-2013, 08:55 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/27/anevuvyt.jpg

reigningink
12-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Sweet. Thanks for the pics. I'm looking forward to trying these out.

crabink
12-27-2013, 03:20 AM
Wtf are those?

reigningink
12-27-2013, 03:22 AM
They are the two side plates. The black parts of the body.

Stripe
12-27-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm ready... Can't wait for them to ship.

Big Oh
01-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Any word on a release date?

tattoosteve
01-25-2014, 05:43 AM
You have 6 days to ship left

Dman
02-02-2014, 12:39 AM
Anyone heard anything?

vsprotoss
02-02-2014, 12:01 PM
this is a cool looking machine. what is the release date on this thing?

tattoosteve
02-05-2014, 03:45 AM
Are these shipping yet?

reigningink
02-05-2014, 05:50 AM
I checked his Facebook. It seems that the delay is due to weather keeping some things he needed late. But hopefully it will be soon.

Cyberitual
02-07-2014, 03:58 AM
NOW AVAILABLE AND NOW SHIPPING ALL PREORDERS. thank you all for you patients been a head ache trying to get all my shit together. Anyways here she is. http://youtu.be/I14rfJq2OO0 (http://youtu.be/I14rfJq2OO0)

Administrator
02-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Welcome back! ;)

jasonadelinia
02-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Ha looks amazing! Cannot wait til this gets to me! Want a blue one now too!

Dman
02-08-2014, 01:01 AM
Got mine in the mail so stoked! Great quality machine. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/5ejarade.jpg

Dman
02-08-2014, 01:02 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/y6upu4a8.jpg

jasonadelinia
02-08-2014, 04:21 AM
Let me know how you get on with it! Cheers!

sureno
02-08-2014, 08:11 PM
ordered mine, can't wait!!!

tattoosteve
02-10-2014, 03:54 PM
When did they ship?

jasonadelinia
02-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Got mine today, initial thoughts not great. I've emailed mike so am sure to get it resolved but these are my thoughts.
1: no instructions. Anything about volts would be helpful.
2: currently mine is non functioning. I'm sure this may just be a one off but it's very disappointing paying and waiting a long time, especially as I've also bought 2 V1 centris prior.

As I say I'm sure this will all be resolved but it's def annoying.

Cyberitual
02-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Non Functioning? Have you tattooed with it yet?

crabink
02-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Really hope this tech isnt a bust... really had high hopes he got it right this time

Cyberitual
02-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Its mostly my fault, I dont prepare myself for the common questions and didnt really think about how this machine must look to somebody who hasnt slept with it for 2 years lol. I made a video just now, i hope i dont sound offensive or i hope nobody feels like im specifically talking about there issues as there common issues when you have no idea or understanding of this drive system. Again i apologize for not being more informative on the operations of this system. I hope this video is helpful.

http://youtu.be/euQmSn429NE

fkirons
02-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Its mostly my fault, I dont prepare myself for the common questions and didnt really think about how this machine must look to somebody who hasnt slept with it for 2 years lol. I made a video just now, i hope i dont sound offensive or i hope nobody feels like im specifically talking about there issues as there common issues when you have no idea or understanding of this drive system. Again i apologize for not being more informative on the operations of this system. I hope this video is helpful.

http://youtu.be/euQmSn429NE

One word: Fantastic.

jasonadelinia
02-14-2014, 04:50 PM
It's defo not bust Crabink. Just been chatting with Mike about it and I'm sure it's prob just me being an idiot! Mike has been really helpful! thanks for the video. It is very hard to work it out, even the needle tensioner took me a while. I was also very cautious with volts as I ran v1 around 6 V. This need pushing around 10.5V and the stroke length gets way bigger. Problem is that this is too futuristic for people like me to work out! Thanks again for the video and I'm sure it will be working great when I get a chance to re try it!

peezie
02-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Congrats Mike. Just watched the video and it seems you've refined this machine well brotha. All I can say right now is that sh$% looks like it came from the future haha. Good work.

crabink
02-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Watching the video, and realizing how big the stroke is I am curious to know if the machine gets softer as you decrease the stroke with the little wheel on the bottom? Or is it hitting with the same force as the larger stroke?
Also is this motor so far able to do everything from lining to powder grey to color packing?
I have always been a fan of the centrifugal breaking system. I would imagine it would tattoo softer than coils.

tattoosteve
02-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Have all the pre orders shipped ?

Stripe
02-14-2014, 09:26 PM
I got mine today...
First impression: Mike, you really hit this one. I liked the first Centri a lot but this one is a great upgrade. Out of the box it felt real light and looked beautiful. It ran real nice between 9 and 10v and the stroke dial worked much better then I expected. I was able to do some very smooth black and gray and also very solid black.
A negative and a plus is the needle tensioner, it was a struggle to get the rubber band in place but no tougher then it looked in the new video. The plus is that the rubber band is out of the way and came off easy with the push of the button. I also get to use up the 10,000 rubber bands I have left over from the Neuma days.
I haven't had the chance to use the light yet. I am intrested in it but haven't needed it yet.
I can't wait to do some color work with it tomorrow...

aurelien
02-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Looks fantastic

Stripe
02-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Today I got to use the light. I was very skeptical but it really worked well.
I got a chance to do some color packing and graduated color today. Both went very well with the new Centri.
Thanks for the great machine Mike.

crabink
02-16-2014, 03:51 AM
Today I got to use the light. I was very skeptical but it really worked well.
I got a chance to do some color packing and graduated color today. Both went very well with the new Centri.
Thanks for the great machine Mike.

post some pics

tattoosteve
02-16-2014, 07:54 PM
I have sent PM's on here to Cyberitual, posted in the forums, and emails to [email protected] without a single reply to anything.
How do i get my questions answered? If I cant get simple questions answered what happens when i have a machine issue? Rapidly losing confidence in centri .

fkirons
02-16-2014, 08:24 PM
I have sent PM's on here to Cyberitual, posted in the forums, and emails to [email protected] without a single reply to anything.
How do i get my questions answered? If I cant get simple questions answered what happens when i have a machine issue? Rapidly losing confidence in centri .
Wait until monday, he may not have access to internet during the weekend.
Try messaging here as well.
He is a hard working dude and I'm sure he appreciates your business.

Stripe
02-17-2014, 11:43 AM

I've e-mailed hm several times with questions and he has always replied with in a few days. I figure he has a schedule like my own and most artists. Supper busy, get cought up, get real busy then get cought up and so on...
I had a repair done on my first gen, done fast and no problem.

Stripe
02-17-2014, 12:35 PM
post some pics
These were all done this weekend with the new Centri.
The B&G skull is half done at best. The gray wash went real easy with no snagging or over saturation. It behaved exactly like I told it to. Probably ran about 8.5v-9.5v with the stroke all the way out.
The b-flys were next, lines and black fill was done with a long stroke Vivance all the color was with the new centri using a 7mag. Again it worked great, the light came in handy for this one. Really let me see where the color really was and wasn't. Ran about 9.5-10v for the fill.
The tiger was on a lower back/upper butt. Small amount of line work was done with a Diablo Hybrid all color and shading was done with the new Centri using a 7mag. I didn't use the light for this one, it kind of got in the way cause of extra stretching needed for the butt area. It wasn't really needed anyway. The color graduated very easy. The low trauma made it easy to make several passes overlapping colors and making them mix in the skin well. I messed with the voltage a lot with this one. Went from high 8s to mid 10s. It speeds up real nice at higher volts and puts a good solid in. Lower volts gave me time to do multi passes and spend time paying attention to detail.

jasonadelinia
02-17-2014, 04:02 PM

I wouldn't lose confidence. When people start businesses it's not always the only focus., and a lot of hard work. People also have lives, family, work, and loads more with not enough hours in a day! He always responds, even made that video only a couple hours after my stroke issues. So don't worry it is worth the wait.

reigningink
02-18-2014, 05:55 AM
After playing with my new centri I decided to try several techniques to re-do an old ball python piece on my leg. I have to say, after learning the ins and outs of how it lays ink, I like it. Really good for color blending and shading.

No Iron Machines
02-18-2014, 10:22 AM
this machine is very innovative, compliments, but u have a pic of the REAL MACHINE ???? on the website can aonly see the 3D DESIGN,

serial1313
02-18-2014, 11:04 AM
this machine is very innovative, compliments, but u have a pic of the REAL MACHINE ???? on the website can aonly see the 3D DESIGN, Scroll up on this thread. There is also video on this thread somewhere I believe.

Cyberitual
02-18-2014, 08:55 PM
LOL you tattooed your self Reign? Thats cool. It hurt less huh? that vibration feeling takes away the pain some how.

jasonadelinia
02-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Did these 2 today. Machine works great now I've got the hang of volts. I did this around the 9.5 range on critical cx2. These were done with ttech 14rl and 15curved mag. It was a bit tricky getting an elastic band to counter balance the pressure from the cart but managed to do so wrapping it down the base of the machine and back up to the top. Was a number 32 elastic band. I didn't take to the light personally, but I've a good lamp which I like. I'm sure it will be handy at some point. Only problem was that my RCA came loose and the soldering broke from it. All I needed to do was resolder the connection and it ran amazingly. Lines just as easy as a coil (maybe easier). Small amount of shading was pretty easy and the small fill I did saturated really fast. Like to try it with colour. This machine so far is a beast. Def living up to what I thought. If colour is as easy as this then there is finally a "one machine does all" here!

Cyberitual
02-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Hey Jason check this video out on the cartridge setup, you will like this! Glad your happy bro! http://youtu.be/Jpj734Bqn9U

reigningink
02-19-2014, 03:05 AM
So I just couldn't get the hang of the rubber band system. As hard as I tried my fat fingers just won't let it work. Haha. So I made a needle stabilizer out of a needle bar and an old part I had sitting in the parts drawer. Pretty neat little thing. Hooks right into the rubber band system and the spring that is supposed to pull the rubber bands back, holds the tension on the needle. Works a bit better for me now.

Cyberitual
02-19-2014, 03:50 AM
Brilliant!!! love seeing things mod! Greatjob! I know the band system is abit small, Looked huge on my computer lol. Nice work bro.

Cyberitual
02-20-2014, 03:20 AM
Just to let everyone know that i will be attending the Evergreen tattoo invitational this weekend in Oregon. We will be sponsoring the winners of the "Best tattoo of the day" everyday with a new Centri. I will also have a few for sale on me aswell. Hope to see some of you there! http://evergreentattoo.com/

No Iron Machines
02-22-2014, 07:28 AM
the video with CHEYENNE CARTRIDGE, the needles always stop outside the tube .... sound not good idea for me to put the rubber band that push down the needles connection

No Iron Machines
02-22-2014, 07:29 AM
this machine have STY UP SPRING ??? machine look very cool, compliments

Dman
02-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Here are a few videos. I will post up a set up video in a little bit. (http://youtu.be/Wk4vXuPZlS8)

http://youtu.be/Wk4vXuPZlS8 (http://youtu.be/Wk4vXuPZlS8) slowmotion
http://youtu.be/PC6QTK_xQ7Q slowmo
http://youtu.be/lB5bLVH6cpo 10V no snags

Dman
02-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Setup

I use a needlebar with the needles clipped off. Then insert rubber band through eyelet opening. slide into vise and hold rubber band with thumb. Activate the tensioner with your other thumb and pull rubber band tight. Then feed loose rubber band back through the vise.

Cyberitual
02-26-2014, 12:15 AM
quite in here...

chris higgins
02-26-2014, 01:02 AM
just pickedup 1 of these machines haven't got to use it really yetrunning at 10.5 volts all the way open what are you guys recommend for doing black and grey with that shorter stroke lower volts and what about color

Cyberitual
02-26-2014, 01:57 AM
I use mine at 9.5 - 10 with alittle less from open for black and grey, color 10- 10.5 all open for color, same for lining. Hope you enjoy it!

chris higgins
02-26-2014, 02:40 AM
Im stoked for something cool to come in to try it on. Only took me about 5 min to get use to lining with it. I work off the tips of my needles so this machine im sure will work great for me

tattoosteve
03-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Is there a trick on how to turn on the light?
My light doesn't come on.

Cyberitual
03-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Try another cord, yours might be crossed. If you connect the light to the machine backwards and it works then your cord is crossed. common when we fix broken cords. Hell i bought a cheap rca from a vendor at a convention and it was already crossed brand new...

tattoosteve
03-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks Ill give it a try when i get to the shop

crabink
03-02-2014, 01:15 AM
Centri going to be at ink n irons? or musink? in cali this year?

or any chance i can stop in at your shop in fontana and see one of these new centris?

Cyberitual
03-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Not sure if i will have a booth but im sure will see me wondering around if i dont. But yes you can come by and check it out too if you like.