PDA

View Full Version : Drive bar with give?

jbtattoo
11-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi all, Does anyone make a drive bar with give that will work with any rotary? I'm thinking something like the drive bars that come with the flite but with an loop on the end instead. It just seems like it would be a great thing to have.
cheers
James

hendricksonart.com
11-22-2013, 12:32 PM
thought the same thing Its the only thing that makes the flight any different then a direct drive seems like a good thing to ivent or work on

cagelavey
11-22-2013, 05:25 PM
I definitely think it will happen soon. an idea as good as that one in the new cart/dd machine era, something that beneficial will find an universal type modification sooner or later. its just like the ego/neuma/no iron rotary(not sure that name is right) type give armature bars. its a system that has proven to be efficient in the application of good ink by many artist worldwide, it was bound to find its way into multiple designs. the same with the flex type give bars, they will want to be tested on other machine builds to see if the efficiency of that design is present in other machine builds. then from there it'll just be a short time until its realized in other applications, if it hasn't already been realized? I personally don't know if one is in production, or on the cusp of production, but I myself have thought about its potential use with other machines. i'd definitely be interested in seeing this used on a couple other machines.:)

andrewc
11-23-2013, 08:58 AM
try doing a search on here there was a thread bout needles with a give bar

andrewc
11-23-2013, 09:06 AM
here is the old thread http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/3198-Bonatti-flexi-Needlebars
but a new one is going on about victor portugal needles with the shock absorber i think they merged together or something because the facebook link takes you to victors needles now

jbtattoo
11-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys. I think the victor ones are just standard needles not cartridge push rods. Thanks for the thoughts though. I definitly hope someone makes these soon as it seems like an obvious step in the catridge market

andrewc
11-23-2013, 02:04 PM
one thought though would be to get some and maybe clip the actual needles off and make a plunger a\or if its too short clipping the needles off mybe try melting the solder?

Shawn
11-23-2013, 08:38 PM
What andrewc said! If you were to snip the needle off of the victor needles and you would have a push rod with give. That could turn out to be ingenious for alot of machines and pushing carts!!

jbtattoo
11-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Thats a damn good idea. I thought of snipping the needles off. But I couldnt think how to make the plunget end. Solder would work well. I might give that a try

DCtattoos07
11-24-2013, 11:27 AM
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php?t=7425
This ilcam out fast before the inkjecta. I do love the spring drive bar on my inkjecya though!
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2