PDA

View Full Version : New here

douglaslambtattoo
11-28-2013, 11:23 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself, I've been on the forum for about a week or two. My names Douglas Lamb, I work out of Tattoo 42 in Beaverton Oregon. I've been tattooing for about 5 years now. I tried a few of my coworkers rotarys awhile back, didn't like them and figured I'd be done with them. About a month ago I was talking to another artist about how well direct drives work for doing traditional tattoos so I decided to give them another go. I was pretty impressed with how well they worked and long story short I traded a few of my coils the next week. I've got a Greatwave and a Dickie Golden direct drive and a Benchmark. I haven't touched a coil for anything but line work since I got them and I've been pretty happy with the results. I'm still looking around for a good rotary that will pull nice clean single pass lines, I'm sure there's plenty of opinions on here about that though, I just need to spend some time doing research.

Anyways, hope that wasn't too long winded.

R/S
Douglas Lamb
Tattoo 42

serial1313
11-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Welcome to the forum.

nivek
11-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the forum. I have tried many a rotary, the two that stand out as best liners, for me - Dan Kubin and the Rapier.

The Halos work well as an all around machine, nothing they don't do, BUT I have 6 Kubins and I use the MC13s as my daily liners. I like the Mc13s as they have a fully adjustable stroke.

douglaslambtattoo
11-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

douglaslambtattoo
11-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have tried many a rotary, the two that stand out as best liners, for me - Dan Kubin and the Rapier.

The Halos work well as an all around machine, nothing they don't do, BUT I have 6 Kubins and I use the MC13s as my daily liners. I like the Mc13s as they have a fully adjustable stroke.

I've been thinking about picking up a Kubin already, they seem like a very quality machine and I've heard nothing but good things about them, and Dan in general. I like the idea of having an adjustable stroke length too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Wonderland
11-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the mad house