PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Kami's black and red

Christo
12-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Just sharing these bad boys with you that were just bought from sinister72 (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/6131-sinister72) and I'm well pleased, they arrived perfectly.
Both are fast machines but the black is slightly faster - a little bit louder - but that will be sorted once the old lube around the piston is cleaned out and replaced.
Very well built and they look absolutely brilliant in my opinion.

If anyone has had any experience using them feel free to point out any niggles that I might run into further down the line. I haven't got around to using them just yet so I will be happy to know about any success stories or failures before I get started!

regards

cagelavey
12-03-2013, 04:21 PM
i just recently picked up a kami 4.5. havent colored or shaded with it, probably wont either. i might give it a go for color but i have some halos for color/shading. im going to be honest the give knob takes a bit to get used to, you cant turn it all the way to the right because the motor wont turn if you do, doesnt really matter though 1/4 turn to the left and it runs perfectly with no give at all. it does take quite a few turns to get substantial give though, but like i said doesnt really bother me as i only use it for lining. i dont really pay attention to how many turns i just turn and feel the armature to establish some slight give for lining. in any event, i have only ran 5rl with it thus far but with the throw on it and the speed it has i can say i think its one of the best liners ive used in a long time! it throws single pass lines in like a beast, just as good if not better than my gen 8! ireally like using it to line. it runs real quiet with just a lil give on it but turned out quite a bit and it gets pretty loud, but like i said i only line with it so not a problem. ive never used a 4mm+ throw with a rotary but with this kami and that throw. fucking amazing i dig it. i might try and find a better/stronger/maybe longer give spring to see if that will change the sound with the give out. also if the one machine you have is louder you might want to check the set screws that hold the motor in place. i really had to torque them to keep the motor from coming loose. the 2 lil screws that hold the motor werent tight enough and they were vibrating loose, i torqued them and she quieted right down, that might really help they may just be loose you can tell if its loose by pushing down on the cam a lil bit to see if the motor moves. another draw back is the machine is a lil bit of a pain to disassemble, lot of lil small parts and springs to keep track of and put back in the right place. and if you are running carts there is a stay up spring on the right side of the machine held in by yet another lil screw you have to remove that before using carts but when you do it really looks sexy with a rpg grip, anyway if you are going to line grab a 4.5mm cam you'll love it im tellin ya, peace

Christo
12-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Awesome advice mate.

Im going to keep the black as a liner and the red as a shader. Your right about the turns - there isnt much difference in give turn by turn so the need to twist it round till the sweet spot is found might take a little time to master. The black just seems to have a higher rpm even though they both run the same rated motor which is weird

"Rough seas make for skillful sailors"