PDA

View Full Version : First OLED Display Power Supply - RAGE POWER SUPPLY

TATsoul
12-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you some teaser pictures of our upcoming Rage Power Supply. It is the first tattoo power supply that uses a large crisp OLED display. We wanted to keep it simple that shows voltage and timer with 4 memory functions. The screen is so crisp and bright you can see your voltage reading from 20ft away. All high quality components are imported from Japan and Taiwan.

This has been in development for over a year and a half now. The size is also compact and easy for travel. Also easy to add any type of barrier as it is flat on the surface. We also have another knob version as well. The shell is CNC'd out of aircraft aluminum.

Final specs will be provided upon its official release some time in Jan. Will run all machines both coils and rotaries with no problem. We will be releasing this and will give all forum members a discount on the initial launch.

Thanks for reading.

-Billy

Administrator
12-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Nice, would be interested to see the final footprint.

Wonderland
12-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Very cool. Will this be mountable to a wall or cabinet?

TATsoul
12-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Nice, would be interested to see the final footprint.

Thanks! It's about 5" long x 3" wide x 2" at the highest point (since it is slanted). Here's a pic of a hand23066 holding it.

cagelavey
12-12-2013, 05:44 PM
that looks amazing guys! ill definitely pick one of those up, it seems to have everything I like in a power supply, I want one of those spinner u's but 5 bills seems excessive to me, but this one looks amazing. estimated cost?

TATsoul
12-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Very cool. Will this be mountable to a wall or cabinet?

This is designed to sit on a table surface, not mountable because of this specific design. Doesn't take up too much space either since it is compact.

Thanks,
Bill

TATsoul
12-12-2013, 06:01 PM
that looks amazing guys! ill definitely pick one of those up, it seems to have everything I like in a power supply, I want one of those spinner u's but 5 bills seems excessive to me, but this one looks amazing. estimated cost?

Thanks! Still working it out but it will be be around $280. The display and the CNCd frame is expensive to manufacture. Appreciate the support!

Wonderland
12-12-2013, 06:17 PM
This is designed to sit on a table surface, not mountable because of this specific design. Doesn't take up too much space either since it is compact.

Thanks,
Bill

Well it is nice none the less. Shame though that it cant be mounted. I may need to get one none the less and figure something out.

cagelavey
12-12-2013, 06:39 PM
its not to hard to make some mounting brackets, I too would want it mounted but im definitely gonna give it a go

Administrator
12-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Glue some rare earth magnets to the back of it. ;)

Wonderland
12-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Glue some rare earth magnets to the back of it. ;)

While that is a good idea, the display would be angled down. :(
I already have an idea for what to do, just gotta get one in my greedy little hands, Hint Hint Tat Soul...

Vinoshitto
12-13-2013, 07:53 AM
While that is a good idea, the display would be angled down.

Just mount it on the other side no? Or mount it really really high up on the wall.. that would give the whole workstation a nice cockpit-feel to it :D

Wonderland
12-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Just mount it on the other side no? Or mount it really really high up on the wall.. that would give the whole workstation a nice cockpit-feel to it :D

Shue then I could use a stick to change settings

slicksteel
12-13-2013, 01:27 PM
That's what I have been looking for-a nice angled ps that sits flat,dont really like the other styles much. great idea looks to be well made and easy to read and film will cover it nicely. I really like how the cords are up front and the power cord out the back. If you could make it a dual plug in front for two machines and a toggle setting it would be great.

TATsoul
01-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Our Rage Power Supplies are now LIVE!

Comes with both Dial and Button Only options. This is a no-none sense power supply that will give you consistent power and give you a clear voltage reading with presets. We spent a lot of time developing this where the flat touch button is perfectly sensitive. Very effective timer and the clearest OLED display in the industry. All CNC'd aircraft aluminum anodized body allows for optimum durability as well.

Wonderland
01-16-2014, 09:26 PM
So I have to ask cause I did not see it on the website. Can the foot switch be momentary and changed to press on press off?

TATsoul
01-17-2014, 12:45 PM
So I have to ask cause I did not see it on the website. Can the foot switch be momentary and changed to press on press off?

@Wonderland, Are you asking if it has a continuous function? Not this version. We are coming out with another version with an added continuous button in the corner. That will be out in approximately 3 months with a small increase in price +$20. The CNC'd body will also have a different color for distinction. Hope that helps!

The idea was to create a very easy to use power supply that gives consistent power and a clear display. These units do not have the FT, CPS, Duty readings. For artists that want to chase those numbers, we offer the other major brands. Our Rage displays voltage, timer, and preset options. We wanted to keep it simple in the readouts but with constant stable power.

-Billy

slicksteel
01-17-2014, 02:53 PM
tatsoul what do you mean by whip magnums- are they spread & soldered out wider? http://www.tatsoulspearman.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4578

TATsoul
01-17-2014, 03:03 PM
tatsoul what do you mean by whip magnums- are they spread & soldered out wider? http://www.tatsoulspearman.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4578

@slicksteel, I have continued the needle conversation at the needles thread here: http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/10922-New-Traditional-Magnums-and-Whipped-Magnums

Feel free to continue to ask questions there if you have any. Thanks again for your interest.

-Billy

morpheustattooman
03-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Hey fellas, i actually bought the Rage power supply. It arrived the other day and for some reason it didnt work! I called Tatsoul, they were very helpful and sent me a new one right out. Im waiting for that to arrive now. I have very high expectations for this power supply so im hoping it lives up to the hype! Especially when i could of got an Eikon, lol So im hoping for the best. I love Tatsoul and stand behind them 100% so im confident that i will love it!!

vsprotoss
03-15-2014, 12:14 AM
yea They got good customer service. I agree!

DougHardy
03-19-2014, 01:46 AM
SO: can you use this power supply as an alternative to a Cheyenne supply for the thunder as well as for other rotary and coil machines?

TATsoul
03-19-2014, 03:25 PM
SO: can you use this power supply as an alternative to a Cheyenne supply for the thunder as well as for other rotary and coil machines?

Yes. You will need to purchase an adapter cable here (http://www.tatsoulspearman.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4836) . The Rage will work with all coils and rotaries. However, it is strongly advised to use a filter (we include free of charge) if you use any chinese rotary machine. The feedback from chinese rotaries are really bad so the filter helps.

Hope that helps!

Billy

JoeyJimz
03-19-2014, 05:26 PM
Filter? Is that what that little clip thing was? Their were no instructions with the rage i bought so i assumed it just clipped on to the power cord? so i clipped it on

DougHardy
03-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Awesome, thanks for the answer, Billy. I miss having a dial to use for a power supply honestly haha. How many turns is the dial anyway?