PDA

View Full Version : i love the look of these!

cagelavey
12-13-2013, 06:15 PM
these machines done by Eddie Lollis look amazing, anyone on here use any of his machines? id love to know how his rotaries run, they just look fun! https://www.facebook.com/tattoosbyeddie/posts/10201065799396033?notif_t=notify_me

artoftatt2
12-13-2013, 06:18 PM
I've used his stuff it's too notch and always runs great.

serial1313
12-13-2013, 07:21 PM
I have one of his small black bio-meched coil liners that works great! I know you are asking about rotaries but I don't have one of his rotaries yet.

cagelavey
12-13-2013, 07:45 PM
that's cool, im gonna have to give one of these a go. looks like he puts a lot into the builds, coil and rotary alike!

Wonderland
12-13-2013, 09:44 PM
I have one of Eddies rotary machines and it is top notch. Wonderful to use for line work or color. And has good balance as well. A little on the louder side noise wise but nothing near a coil.

rollhard
01-29-2014, 07:25 PM
anyone have any troubles with his tube vises or the needle bar tensor thingy on his rotaries?

asA
01-29-2014, 09:28 PM
I have 2 of his earlier ones and never had an issue.

rollhard
01-29-2014, 10:00 PM
i have one from 2013 and i did notice that the screw for the needle stabilizer was tight to turn. i used bands no problems. i traded as it was not adjustable give system which i thought it was for some reason. and the person i traded it to says the geometry for the vise is all wrong and its unusable. thus is the purpose of my question, to see if anyone else had any of these problems? i told him to send it back and i would return his. its no big deal but now it pretty much makes the machine untradeable or unsellable. i don't know i just don't need no hassles on this forum. i contacted eddie and will see if he will take a look at for me. i find it difficult to believe eddie would sell a machine with bad math.
thanks for the input asA

serial1313
01-29-2014, 10:11 PM
i have one from 2013 and i did notice that the screw for the needle stabilizer was tight to turn. i used bands no problems. i traded as it was not adjustable give system which i thought it was for some reason. and the person i traded it to says the geometry for the vise is all wrong and its unusable. thus is the purpose of my question, to see if anyone else had any of these problems? i told him to send it back and i would return his. its no big deal but now it pretty much makes the machine untradeable or unsellable. i don't know i just don't need no hassles on this forum. i contacted eddie and will see if he will take a look at for me. i find it difficult to believe eddie would sell a machine with bad math.
thanks for the input asA Don't just try contacting him on this forum. He isn't on here very often.

rollhard
01-29-2014, 11:19 PM
thanks serial i sent him a email so i will have to wait and see
F

asA
01-30-2014, 12:15 AM
He stands behind his machines. He is always super informative and crazy helpful. Hit him up on facebook. I'm sure he will sort it out.

tattoo4satan
01-30-2014, 06:50 PM
i have a really nice linear rotary he made with adjustable give. its a great machine.dont have any complaints

nivek
01-31-2014, 09:01 AM
I have one of them and its great - had a minor issue with the needle runner - but it runs like a dream

joelhague
01-31-2014, 04:20 PM
im sure eddie will fix it up for free he is a stand up guy. the machine i traded to skinmech on this forum i think had similar issue. but i too didnt notice anything wrong with it before the trade as i am not a coil builder or geo/math type of dude i just run it and for me it ran sweet. what id do about your.trade instead of shipping back to eachother why not talk to eddie go halfers on shipping to him and all should be good. it sucks when a trade isnt what was expected but the best you can do is communicate and work it out witch it looks to be happening.

slicksteel
02-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Were here ya go it-seems rollhard wants to slander me as posted on my inkjecta classified post.http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/11013-INKJECTA-SPECIFIC-3-for-trade?p=101969&highlight=inkjecta+specific#post101969 received a E. Lollis in a trade with him. This design is made to use a front tensioner needle guide (df copy)as it has a reverse motor. First of the front end was off, the guide sets right on the tube (even if you use a shot one) this causes the guide to not be usable. The reason the screw becomes tight(to the point of forcing it and possibly breaking it) is because there is no room for the guide to go forward. ence you can not use it to put proper tension against the needlebar. Rollhard admitted in a phone message that he could not use the guide and use a rubber band -which he admits did not even line up right due to the side mount rca. Another issue this machine had was the vice put uneven pressure against the tube which made it not line up right. this was to due to the vice hole being a slight oval & oversized and the bottom of the needle guide pushing against the tube. Also this machine needed a kickstart sometimes to as it would be come stuck on the down stroke as the needlebar would not properly center up due to the front end problems and the rocker arm distance not centering the needle in the tube. Also if you put a rubber band around the machine which would go around the back motor connect bar it will also make this stall/start up problem worse. So in fact this machine has major problems . Rollhard stated that I could trade it back if I did not like it. But when I did want to trade it back due to these issues he became angry because he could not pawn it off on another person and started problems on here for me. If this machine did not suit my style I would have simply kept it and traded it to another person. But I will not accept a poorly built machine that has major problems that the trader new & did not disclose before hand. I would not trade this machine or sell it for that matter to another tattooist to pass on these problems. And I will not lie and tell everybody that this machine is great when it is not just so Rollhard can dump it on another person that is scared to speak up for fear of being bashed etc when they get it. In my opinion this machine should never had been sold to the first guy-it should have be sent out as a free use prototype to find out the bugs in this machine style and correct them. So mister rollhard to satisfy you, because you are such a stand up guy I simply "did not like it" and what I stated to you and on here is just my "opinion". So feel free to trade/sell this machine to you hearts content if that makes you happy as most likely no one really cares what I have to say anyways. :)Peace

rollhard
02-12-2014, 08:33 AM
wow when did i slander you ? show me the post where i mention your name? i said the needle tension was tight to turn and i used rubber bands. i said i would trade it back after you asked me about it being right handed. then you and messaged eddie about changing it for you. he did not answer you. etc etc. look its pretty simple really. the only issue i had with the machine was the fact that i traded for a machine without adjustable give and how hard it was to turn the needle bar retainer (thingy) i do not think eddie is selling broke ass machines, nor does anyone but you from what i see. i used it no problem, the person that i got it from used it, no problems.and i'm sure eddie used or at the very least set it up and ran it before shipping it.

so yes i'm a STAND UP GUY, you got that part of your story correct.i did right by you as i would anyone my honor and reputation are worth far more than any machines ever build. the person that has been slandered here is the builder... which is what it is. but i do take offense to the comment "And I will not lie and tell everybody that this machine is great when it is not just so Rollhard can dump it on another person that is scared to speak up for fear of being bashed etc when they get" who the fuck ask you to lie? " even to imply that i would trade this to some other member is utter bullshit and reeks of your desperate attempt to sully other peoples good name. if i were out to burn someone why would even offer to trade the machine back? see that makes no sense. common problem with lies, don't let it slow you down.

anyway i'm bored with this and you so in summation here are the facts as i see them.

1) i did trade a machine with you
2) after the trade and machines were in the mail you asked if it was right handed, u could plainly see that in my photos. you said no problem, you were going to have eddie change that and carve the machine so as to have the same type of rubber band retainers as the halo and inkjecta.
3) eddie did not answer you and you were bummed about it. i offered to trade back. we did.
4) you shit all over the machine in text messages as you have here, i asked the board if anyone else had these problems you mentioned. they did not.
5) once i told you no worries i will send it back 'but before you had it in your possession mind you'. you were already back on here and other trading groups trying to trade your machine... trading something you do not even have in hand, really?
6) you are a tool
7) i have always been and will remain a stand up guy.
8) i have not re-listed the machine nor do i have any intentions of doing so.
ahh screw it. i did right by you and that is that. if people on this board figured out that you will cry foul after doing a deal for a right handed machine which is clear in the pics and then slam the trading partner the builder and probably the mail carrier and they choose not to deal with you, then that is on you. plain and simple.

sorry for my lack of grammar and numerous spelling mistakes, i'm sure reading this is painful.

rollhard
02-12-2014, 08:34 PM
tattooing with the eddie lollis. its really not as loud as the iphone makes it out to be, even using the spring tension retainer do hicky

http://youtu.be/_AhcCqT5lSE

e.lollis
02-13-2014, 12:22 PM
If anyone needs to contact me, please just look me up on Facebook. I rarely check my emails and I have a hard time navigating through this site and don't want to offend anyone if they don't hear back from me. I want people to be happy with whatever they have that I built so I will do my best to make that happen. I understand there's no machine that's for everyone and nearly any machine made will or could, at some point, make someone unhappy. This is because we all tattoo differently using different techniques. As for the retainer screws being tight. I started using a little thread lock on the screw to prevent wear when using the machine on a daily basis. Over time aluminum can wear down some and I don't want the screw to become a problem. If it bothers anyone who has one these machines I will change it for you. Also, I commonly set the tube hole about 1mm higher than the armature. This is so once you load the machine and tighten down the needle retainer, the tension will now make it so the needle bar is running right down the middle of the tube. If you line the vice hole up perfectly with the armature from the get go, then once you apply tension to the needle bar, it will cause the needle bar to run below the center point of the tube. This can cause the tip of the needle on small liners and mags to bow upward. My alignment technique resolves that issue. Hope this helps clear up any issues people may think there is with the machine.

rollhard
02-13-2014, 03:47 PM
this is where a stand up guy would admit he's wrong and apologize.

slicksteel
02-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Ok mister rollhard-I stated the problems I found with it and you can see in the video that the needle bar is foward etc etc. Like you say -you offered to take it back if I did not like it. So could have I not just said "Hey I dont like it-its not for me and the rca gets in my way, could you please exchange back" no problems no worries -right? But I give you a valid reason why I wanted to exchange back instead of just saying I don't like it..Sure you can tattoo with it but you can also tattoo with a 15 china machine or a jail rig for that matter . And I did state in texts that I would have to get eddie to shave off the tension area flat and and put on pegs for bands to make it right..So I decided this dude(you) is just trying to dupe me and did not tell me about the problems before hand.SO why should have to deal with a machine that clearly had problems not disclosed to me before and have to spend money and time to fix it.So once again the issue was not the rca being on the wrong side-it was what was wrong with the machine ..So there you have it in a nutshell-I guess I am not a standup guy in your book. And for another matter I have done hundreds of trades and you can ask anybody-I only trade stuff in like new shape and will disclose any problems etc with the item before sending ,so I expect the same back.And to anybody that asked about my machine I said I did not have in hand and was waiting for it to come back first. And no offense to Eddie L-I was simply stating what I found to be problems on this machine.And yes I did post on facebook asking about a rca switchup publicly on facebook -I did that to get his attention hopefully for a private message reply because I did not want to put it all out there and cause him problems publicly. But it seems that you have done just that, with all your stupid rants. So have a nice day.:)

rollhard
02-14-2014, 03:06 AM
Haha again the tall tales. did u not read Eddies explanation of how the machine is set up and why? and if I was trying to dupe you why would I offer to allow you to trade back? and stop being a smarmy bitch and calling me mister rollhard. plain and simple no tried to dupe you. the machine runs fine and the prove is in the video and Eddies explanation. your not out anything and nor am I.
however I still take great offense with the many things you implied about me. but it's all good no worries slick you can tell the story anyway you want it's your story. I will no longer be adding to this thread as I have stated my case and the facts, and will leave it at that. and no you are not a stand up guy imo.

slicksteel
02-14-2014, 12:51 PM
I have stated what was wrong with this machine-And yes I understand what eddie is saying about the needle bar bumped up a bit-but it is way to far forward and you can not get the tension device to properly push it back to the center position because the tube rides on it(long & short back stems) .The tension device rides right on the tube which it makes it almost impossible to turn down the screw.This is not because its simply a tight thread or loctite, in fact when there is no tube you can move the screw fine. Also the machine needs a kickstart sometimes.This build has problems that need to be addressed before it is sold/traded to another person-which I am sure Eddie will do for you. Infact I told rollhard there is no reason for him also to be stuck with a machine that is not working right and that he should address this issues with the original owner that gave it to him and the builder.
The whole reason why the machine got sent back to mister rollhard is because he knew it had problems and did not disclose them until I brought them up. If I had been informed of these issues before hand it would be up to me to fix them or deal with it. :)If you look at the video at the still start frame - you can see that it does not line up as the tension arm rests on the tube also causing the tube to not set straight all the way which is also reason for the motor needing a jumpstart sometimes as there is to much pressure on the swing arm/motor connect rod.Here is a pic of that also showing it.
Either way we both have or machines back in hand-and can choose to do what ever we want with them..

Administrator
02-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Please take this argument somewhere else. I don't feel like paying the bandwidth bills here to watch you fight.