PDA

View Full Version : Ego version 2.0

1982geeeeb
01-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Hya killer ink in uk are now stocking these machines, stronger motors, newish design , better thumb screw and small jack connection. Any body used one yet as i do like my egos and would like to no if they perform any better than the old ones they are the same price as the old ones aswell £239 inc vat

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DougHardy
01-16-2014, 11:52 AM
I just saw it online! It looks like the main reason for complaints from people who weren't satisfied with the v1. Bez said that US suppliers should be announced within a couple weeks. Apparently this model is quieter than the v1.

http://i.minus.com/ib0bg3oJlC0aiA.jpg

biggietattoos
01-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Oh man, I love my EGO I'm gonna have to get my hands on one of these

DougHardy
01-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Yeah I'm going to wait until the London convention as the other machine he's working on will be there as well. I definitely want to check one of these though.

(Opted Out)
01-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Yeah i loved ego performance hate hate hated how loud they were want to hear one of these beauts before i pay out

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925

biggietattoos
01-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Apparently the new one ditches the RCA for a 1/8 phono jack, they come with a cord but still :(

DougHardy
01-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Yeah you can get adapters, which are cheap and plentiful but it would have been nice to have the 1/4" option.

needlemaniak
01-19-2014, 05:08 AM
I just got one yesterday, I will try it next week and tell you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

needlemaniak
01-19-2014, 05:10 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/19/agytetaq.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/19/hy2u3e3a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/19/y4adetaj.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/19/aha5yzu3.jpg

needlemaniak
01-19-2014, 05:10 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/19/hy5yqe3e.jpg

needlemaniak
01-19-2014, 05:12 AM
It seems to have a little more weight than my old ego

ATS
01-19-2014, 07:15 AM
It seems to have a little more weight than my old ego
Have you ran it yet? how does it sound?

needlemaniak
01-19-2014, 07:19 AM
Not yet, I will tell you as soon as I have and could make a video if you like

DougHardy
01-19-2014, 08:07 PM
I would definitely be down for checking out a video!

elbo
01-20-2014, 02:08 PM
I know a few guys who got theirs this week and they love them...Apparently they are a lot better than the original....

crabink
01-20-2014, 04:13 PM
why is the vise so weakly designed?
has cut outs?
so the plastic is hella weak looking

and still no adjustable stroke?
and no alluminum?

1982geeeeb
01-21-2014, 05:05 PM
I think there is a needle tensioner in the pipeline that fits to the vice it says on killer ink site (optional needle tensioner)

Sent from my SM-T315 using Tapatalk

DougHardy
01-21-2014, 09:26 PM
has cut outs?

and no alluminum?

Bez is also making his metal machine, but it's not really an Ego per se.

biggietattoos
01-25-2014, 06:49 PM
Also the triangles simulate the give so they techinically have adjustable give just not stroke

adamfromessex
01-27-2014, 09:50 AM
has cut outs?

and no alluminum?

crabink, i have a V1- can understand your concerns- honestly though- i~d say you need to try one.
Looking to get a V2 too. V2 seems to cover all the needed ~revisions.
Basically from how i see it Bez has a plan.... i could be completly wrong.....
basically this ego is plastic- therfore light and cheap, he has a sexy no. in the pipe line- aluminium, rather flite meets cetri looking.
way i see it he will have 2 levels and there fore 2 price levels, to accomodate everyone~s pockets.
thats what i get from looking at his instagram.
dude i love the system, i~m pretty much using it to line mainly, shade and colour when i want. Using it alongside an Injecta specific ss, covering all the bases.

1982geeeeb
01-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Anybody no weather these v2s would push ttechs

needlemaniak
01-27-2014, 02:05 PM
Yes it will push ttechs and I will make a video with ttechs. Here is an answer from Liam from Team Ego :

"In regards to t-tech cartridges, they have less tension so they will not put a lot of strain on the motor. Any machines with stay-up springs will need the spring removing first but the Ego does not have one. The optimal voltage for this machine is from 7.5v-9v so you can use the same voltage and combination you are used to but raise the voltage by a few tenths to push the cartridge a little bit easier."

1982geeeeb
01-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Cheers look forward to seeing the video

needlemaniak
01-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Yes I will do it soon, sorry I've been a bit busy these days...

wildboy
01-29-2014, 02:53 AM
Will there be any differnce if an adapter for a regular rca is attached? http://www.ebay.de/itm/261201695413?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Bishopbyname
01-29-2014, 03:35 AM
I tried these machines and i would say they were ok. Nothing special and although i know they are the cheaper end of the market-it feels like they are too. One of my colleagues swears by them and i got her to try the new version and she said apart from a bit of a size difference the machine is basically the same. She owns 3 Egos and she's had to send them all back for repair/replacement at some point. One of them even had smoke coming out of it during a tattoo?! A great way to reassure your customers! :( I feel the new version came out as a necessity as they realised the original's motor was just not good enough. They must've had sooooooooo many returns since it's release. I know a lot of great artists do some impressive work with these machines, i just think there are much better and more reliable machines out there. And they still sound pretty awful :confused:

needlemaniak
02-02-2014, 10:48 AM
I agree there isn't so much difference between the v1 and the v2. The vice is strange because you have to push it with the finger to open it up and the vice is a bit short so you can't open it wide or the head of the vice falls down but once in place, the tube fits well and firm.

needlemaniak
02-02-2014, 10:50 AM
And sorry for my english !

needlemaniak
02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
I have made quick videos with black and black combo. One unloaded, one with a 1205RL from t-tech and one with a regular 5RL set-up.
With t-tech at 9v it won't start alone without me pushing the niple a bit and if I hang the needle too much, it won't start at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATS
02-02-2014, 11:20 AM
I have made quick videos with black and black combo. One unloaded, one with a 1205RL from t-tech and one with a regular 5RL set-up.
With t-tech at 9v it won't start alone without me pushing the niple a bit and if I hang the needle too much, it won't start at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
please post a link?

needlemaniak
02-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Yes it's uploading on Youtube just right now

needlemaniak
02-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Here we are, not sure if they will be useful.

Unloaded :

http://youtu.be/k97_SyrBLoE

With t-tech :

http://youtu.be/389VU-SVzAY

With needle and tube :

http://youtu.be/DdaXbinaA_I

ATS
02-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks for taking the trouble to make the vids.
Is it 'normal' to have to add an extra volt with the carts? I have heard that some machines may require a bit more umph to run with them..
I was hoping that it would sound better than the V1, but it doesn't.. I never liked the sound of the Ego.
Does the V2 use a different motor?

needlemaniak
02-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Yes it is normal but I would have thought (not sure if it's correct english) it would have required less volts. Liam from Team Ego said you can use the same voltage and combination than with standard set up but raise the voltage by a few tenths to put the cart a little bit easier.
So I was a bit surprised.
Don't know if it's the same motor, Liam just mentioned "vast improvements on the design and internal parts".

1982geeeeb
02-03-2014, 05:48 AM
What colour triangles you been using for lining colour shading ect

needlemaniak
02-14-2014, 04:06 AM
You can use the same combo as with a standard set up, it's up to your preferences

wildboy
02-14-2014, 08:29 AM
sounds coilish but how loud is it actually? could you compare it to something?

needlemaniak
02-14-2014, 11:28 AM
It's not as loud as a coil, similar to the ego v1 but it's difficult for me to describe as I'm not completely fluent in english. Someone else maybe ?

Gazghostrider
02-15-2014, 04:33 PM
I love egos but I have 2 gripes, loudness, which gets louder over time and is more irritating than coils and the reliability. I've had three egos that have all burned out in a relatively short amount of time. I use a critical cx2 and don't use cartridges and still the motor doesn't hold out. Other than that they are great to use, really just like using a pen. If these v2s have new motors they surely have to be better than their older brothers. I'd like to keep an eye on how people get on with them before investing in egos again.

asa_castle
02-16-2014, 12:17 PM
I tried these machines and i would say they were ok. Nothing special and although i know they are the cheaper end of the market-it feels like they are too. One of my colleagues swears by them and i got her to try the new version and she said apart from a bit of a size difference the machine is basically the same. She owns 3 Egos and she's had to send them all back for repair/replacement at some point. One of them even had smoke coming out of it during a tattoo?! A great way to reassure your customers! :( I feel the new version came out as a necessity as they realised the original's motor was just not good enough. They must've had sooooooooo many returns since it's release. I know a lot of great artists do some impressive work with these machines, i just think there are much better and more reliable machines out there. And they still sound pretty awful :confused:
My coworker's ego v1 broke within a week. So yeah. Cheap plastic body, loud, etc. No thank you.

1982geeeeb
02-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Thing is iv had 6 egos never had one break down or break If you have a ego. Drop it or break it burn the motor out ect good chance bez will just say send it back and theyl replace it no problems for free. Drop a hyper and the armature will brake easy and probly damage bearing ect and will cost you £60+ to get it fixed like it did me. Yes they are plastic but that keeps them low priced and easy to repair. Yes there loud but so are coils and no body complains about coils being loud. The ego was made to be wrist friendly not ear friendly. I love em. Custimer service is great. And get good results lining colour and shading.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk