PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanting a new cartridge machine

Richard Peel
01-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Hey all i'm looking to buy a cartridge only machine like Hawk but i'm wanting to here recommendations of you guys and any tips i may need, i'm also wanting a grip for a standard machine so i can use cartridges on all my other rotaries, i like a big grip mainly use 30mm acetyl at the moment so wanting a biggish light weight grip. thanks in advance guys as this will be my last machine purchase for a while

needlemaniak
01-19-2014, 07:22 AM
RPG grips from FKIrons are awesome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zapp
01-19-2014, 07:33 AM

After use you can throw it in the bin,because :
NOTES: Do not Ultra Sonic wash, Do not Autoclave. Cold Sterilant compatible.

needlemaniak
01-19-2014, 07:56 AM
RPG grips can be delrin, which can't be autoclaved, or aluminium, which can !

Zapp
01-19-2014, 08:07 AM
http://www.fkirons.com/shop/darklab/delrin-rpg-cartridge-grip/
Does it mean we just have to buy one cheap disposable grip and wipe it off after using ?

needlemaniak
01-19-2014, 08:09 AM
Can't you read my message Zapp ? Aluminium RPG grips are autoclavable

(Opted Out)
01-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Zapp do you autoclave your coil/other rotarys? They get touched with dirty glove hands.. So you autoclave them? And then You bag them? And even if you do all the airborne pathogens go up the tube as it doesnt have a membrane and the pathogens go all over the machine that the bag traps in?.. So there double contaminated? And then you wear a gasmask to stop all the airborne pathogens reaching your bloodstream via your lungs, and you fully dispose of all your clothing after every tattoo and get in a trigene bath to stop cross contamination via your porus clothing?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925

Zapp
01-19-2014, 08:23 AM

When you make advertise for all rpg grips make clear what you use !
Because the delrin is for me, for single use if you cant autoclave it !

needlemaniak
01-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Thanks Fluffstattoos because this kind of behavior doesn't make me want to answer any post...

(Opted Out)
01-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Well im sure if gaston at fk irons has released a product its clearly not crap! and zapp has totally written it off and is not being helpful in any way is he.. Gaston wouldn't release something that cant be cleaned to the health authorities standard so it must be possible to cold sterilize this product, and just because you don't have the knowledge yourself on cold sterilization then don't hate on other tattooers who are creating good products for us!

(Opted Out)
01-19-2014, 12:01 PM
And was anything i said incorrect?? Is it not contaminated? Some people should think before they speak..

needlemaniak
01-19-2014, 12:05 PM
No you are entirely right Fluffstattoos !

darkness
01-19-2014, 12:54 PM
what the fuck here always ! if anyone asks, he is equal to cut down... he asked normal and since you can also enter it normal.
is like kindergarten sometimes

needlemaniak
01-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Yes it is

e_Bangs
01-19-2014, 10:25 PM
When you make advertise for all rpg grips make clear what you use !
Because the delrin is for me, for single use if you cant autoclave it !

Delrin isn't single use it's the lighter model buddy.

Richard Peel
01-21-2014, 04:08 AM
Well thats last straw for me I use to love this forum full of people wanting to help each other now all it ever seems that happens is people arguing. I started this post as i really wanted some advice off people who had more experience with cartridge machines so i could make an informed decision instead I'll just wait to the next convention i work and question people there as I might get the advise i was seeking. Sorry to the Admin team and the guys who are here to help but i'll be logging out for good. Peace and happy Tattooing

needlemaniak
01-21-2014, 06:56 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Richard Peel, I just wanted to help and I'm sure there's other people out there wanting to help you about choosing a cart machine

joelhague
01-21-2014, 02:20 PM
favorite cartridge machines: stylus h (u have to work a bit slower but run at 13 or 14v and its magic ) favorite machine due to comfort.

favorite machine for ease of use dan kubin mc2 and delrin rpg (bagged niot thrown out after damn thats a expensive disposable at 100 bucks a pop lol

the mc2 and t tech lines like a dream with carts i find. better then coil. even on the ribs

so my favorite cart rotarys are the hawk thunder hawk spirit stylus h and dan kubin mc2 or a dan kubin direct drive
for someone getting into carts id recomend the mc2 or direct drive with rpg grip mostly even tho stylus is my fave machine the kubins take the cake because ease of use and just how the work on the skin its more effortless and thats number 1 someone has to see in a machine first. if you get a mc2 or direct drive its best because u can use it with reg needle and tube if u ever want too. more versitile if i coule only keep 1 machine it would be my mc2

No Iron Machines
01-22-2014, 09:47 AM
sound strange cannot autoclave DELRIN GRIP, i have many DELRIN GRIP, not for cartridge system, just normal, i autoclave many many times and they still very good all, maybe becouse the HOT temperature deform the HOLE where the CARTRIDGE gonna insert, must be the reason

im not a fan of CARTDRIDGE SYSTEM, but of course are a great innovation for ROTARY user, and i think that u cannot STERILIZED correctly the grip for any reasons, the real future of this gonna be the coming DISPOSABLE TUBE, this gonna be very great ,im sure

T-TECH grip are in STAINLESS STEEL, so perfect for sterilization , u can wash, done what u want, sterilized in AUTOCLAVE or DRY HEAT too

i never use HAKW MACHIN, and i still don understand something, this SYSTEM make the INKS go insed the tube or not ??? never happen this ????

DougHardy
03-02-2014, 12:14 PM
To check out cartridge machines, last year I purchased and tried a Hawk Thunder, Stylus H, Spektra Halo with the RPG, and an Inkjecta. In the end, I found that the Inkjecta won for me for it's combination of flexibility (different cams and push rods allow 12 different combinations right out of the box, and with an additional cam and push bar sold separately you can make 16 different combinations), power, balance, and lightweight body make a killer combination that I've yet to see beat. All the aforementioned machines are really great rotaries to be sure, but the Inkjecta Flite 2.1 is just so damn good I can't imagine using cartridges with anything else. They also make a Flite with a traditional vice so you can use disposable cartridge grips like the Tat Soul ones or the FK RPG (which really is a nice grip). I cannot recommend the Inkjecta Flite enough, especially if you came from using coil machines.

Edit: also the big difference I find between the Thunder and the Flite is that Byron, who designed and built the Inkjecta Flite, is a tattooist, and the Flite shows that he understands what tattooists need far better than a cosmetic tattoo machine company ever could.

Bishopbyname
03-02-2014, 02:16 PM
sound strange cannot autoclave DELRIN GRIP, i have many DELRIN GRIP, not for cartridge system, just normal, i autoclave many many times and they still very good all, maybe becouse the HOT temperature deform the HOLE where the CARTRIDGE gonna insert, must be the reason

im not a fan of CARTDRIDGE SYSTEM, but of course are a great innovation for ROTARY user, and i think that u cannot STERILIZED correctly the grip for any reasons, the real future of this gonna be the coming DISPOSABLE TUBE, this gonna be very great ,im sure

T-TECH grip are in STAINLESS STEEL, so perfect for sterilization , u can wash, done what u want, sterilized in AUTOCLAVE or DRY HEAT too

i never use HAKW MACHIN, and i still don understand something, this SYSTEM make the INKS go insed the tube or not ??? never happen this ????

Not if you use Cheyenne's cartridges as there is a membrane that acts as a seal, TTechs don't have this.

Bishopbyname
03-02-2014, 02:19 PM
To check out cartridge machines, last year I purchased and tried a Hawk Thunder, Stylus H, Spektra Halo with the RPG, and an Inkjecta. In the end, I found that the Inkjecta won for me for it's combination of flexibility (different cams and push rods allow 12 different combinations right out of the box, and with an additional cam and push bar sold separately you can make 16 different combinations), power, balance, and lightweight body make a killer combination that I've yet to see beat. All the aforementioned machines are really great rotaries to be sure, but the Inkjecta Flite 2.1 is just so damn good I can't imagine using cartridges with anything else. They also make a Flite with a traditional vice so you can use disposable cartridge grips like the Tat Soul ones or the FK RPG (which really is a nice grip). I cannot recommend the Inkjecta Flite enough, especially if you came from using coil machines.

Edit: also the big difference I find between the Thunder and the Flite is that Byron, who designed and built the Inkjecta Flite, is a tattooist, and the Flite shows that he understands what tattooists need far better than a cosmetic tattoo machine company ever could.

Although i agree to some degree, it was Cheyenne who revolutionised tattoo machines by utilising the cartridge system AND by making an excellent machine. It does however bother me to buy their products knowing it's just a business to them.