PDA

View Full Version : New Swiss Machine

throwhammers
02-04-2014, 05:06 PM
It's pretty close to market now, so...

I'll post some more pics tomorrow and some info... :)

OwlsDen
02-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Oh man, can't wait.

Administrator
02-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Very cool! With luck their Canadian distributor in Quebec will have some to show off this summer.

throwhammers
02-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Ok, Here's a few more pics. THIS IS A PROTOTYPE. The one released to the public will be a little different and have a needle tensioner.

So, what is it? Well, it's a battery powered machine. Someone posted a battery machine awhile ago, but it was quite primitive compared to this machine (which was in the works about a year and a half before the machine i saw posted was released).

This IS NOT just a swiss rotary with batteries attached to it (though the first "proof of concept" prototype i tried was) This machine has a different motor (super tiny maxon) a newly designed armature connection inside, and a relatively complex little circuit board inside that lets the little tiny motor think it's bigger.
They are changing the batteries that it will come with, so i don't know the run time of the final version, but right now i get 3-4 hours on a charge. The batteries are a battery pack with an external charger, so you can have one charging while you work.
It's lighter than it looks, well balanced (it looks like it should be terrible to work with, but it's nice!) and very well made. It's taken a long time to bring to market as there were unforseen issues in producing the aluminum body.
The on/off and voltage up/down adjustments are on top. I think the voltage range is 3.5 or 4 to 6 volts. I always use it around 5.5-6. When the battery starts to get low, the led on top blinks red and green.
It is a competent all rounder. Great with small mags and handles 15s easily. Though i never ran anything bigger. In my opinion lining is where this machine really shines. It lines like a freakin laser. A few days ago the guy producing them was in our shop and we were talking about it... he said they have measured the side to side play in the armature bar (or tried to) and there isn't any. None. He was really excited about that, saying you can measure the play in a normal swiss, and it's minimal, but it's there, but not with the new machine.
I am not 100% sure what changes will be made to the final product, aside from needle tensioner, and "new battery" or exactly what the price point will be. But I will say that I intend to BUY one (I didn't have to pay for the ones i have used and the one i own now) because I like them that much.

I am not selling these things, or promoting them, or saying everyone needs a battery machine (i am sure this will be plenty debated and the idea will get bashed no doubt), but I am saying it's a very cool, very well built machine, an idea that may have been tried before but has now been done right, and a machine that has it's place firmly planted in my lineup.

I know that was short, but if anyone has questions, ask away and i will do my best.
cheers.

OwlsDen
02-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks for sharing. As soon as you find out the prices for the machines and extra batteries etc, please share.

peter clements
02-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Very interesting, well done to the guys at "Swiss" for trying to find something new.

Zapp
02-05-2014, 03:57 PM
The weight would be interesting !
And what i dont like with batterys is you loose shortly power !

throwhammers
02-05-2014, 04:19 PM
The weight would be interesting !
And what i dont like with batterys is you loose shortly power !

The weight is not bad at all, though i thought it would be. I will try to weigh it if i can, but it's lighter than a coil!

I think 3-4 hours on a charge is pretty good actually, double would be better (but it only takes 15 seconds to change the battery pack). I have never used a full charge in one sitting (but i really only line with it). Battery life could be better with the new batteries but i'm not sure

Mog
02-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Oh god I would LOVE a wireless machine. I hate tripping over/rolling over/tangling up my damn cords. I dreamt I invented one a while back ! Will be watching development with interest!

ATS
02-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Does it just run all the time then? I mean how do you stop/start it? I love the idea of wireless too, and 15 second charge cycle? wow impressive!

Zapp
02-05-2014, 07:32 PM
does it just run all the time then? I mean how do you stop/start it? I love the idea of wireless too, and 15 second charge cycle? Wow impressive!

change :-D

joelhague
02-05-2014, 08:22 PM
take my money fuck rca clipcord and minijack forever oh and power supplys who needs those ahaha i love new shit

throwhammers
02-06-2014, 02:15 AM
Does it just run all the time then? I mean how do you stop/start it? I love the idea of wireless too, and 15 second charge cycle? wow impressive!

There's a power button on top, along with the voltage/speed up and down buttons.

15 second charge cycle?! That would be very impressive, but i was saying it takes 15 seconds to switch out the batteries to a fully charged one, not to charge them :)

Pinhas
02-06-2014, 03:34 AM
this is top the future of machines a think and hope. yesterday the light went of if a have this machine i cod keep going. great idea

ATS
02-06-2014, 03:36 AM
There's a power button on top, along with the voltage/speed up and down buttons.

15 second charge cycle?! That would be very impressive, but i was saying it takes 15 seconds to switch out the batteries to a fully charged one, not to charge them :)
Lol .. yeah I thought it was to good to be true!
My only concern is the stoping/starting of the machine.. I know you say there is a power button on top.. I'm in the habit of not running my machine when I dip, so it would have to be either me changing my ways or the machine being very simple and convenient to allow me to continue as normal..
Still seems like a great idea, especially for working out in the woods! :)

Zapp
02-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Here it is : http://www.swisstattoomachine.com/shop/unchained-batterypower/batterypower-startbundle.html
The price is insane,almost 700 Euro with tax !!!!!

throwhammers
02-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Yeah... got to handle one of the finished machines today. Pretty much what i have but with a needle retainer, easier to feel power button, and slicker battery charger. The one i handled had some kind of gtaphic wrapped around it that i hope was a one off thing or test or something because it looked cheap and tacky and like it wouldnt last.
The machine itself is really nice though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

darkness
02-08-2014, 06:15 PM
wow ..over 700 eur or 953 USD without shipping -for this price we can buy 2 or 3 good machines :D

nouveau
02-08-2014, 07:08 PM
I just don't see the necessity for battery power here. Very innovative thought, and I can't wait to see how this will be improved upon as the tech gets cheaper and smaller. This is a good start

throwhammers
02-09-2014, 04:24 AM
The price is pretty high, but you guys in germany have a high VAT, so thaz bumps the price up... pretty sure it wont cost so much in the states. I can buy a swiss from the u.s. for less than i can get them here in Switzerland.
I suppose you could look at it as eliminating the need for a power supply, bit i doubt anyone would work exclusively with the battery machines, so...
Some folks will go for it, others won't. As with everything :)
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk