PDA

View Full Version : Japanese dd machine

bretttattoos
02-12-2014, 03:08 PM
I see some machines from this guy pop up on eBay from time to time and damn near bought this one. I hope my link works.. But apparently he uses Japanese motors (that aren't mabuchi) and builds with a 3.2 mm stroke which sounds great for bng . And usually they sell for around 150$ which sounds damn good lol , has anyone used one?
http://bit.ly/LV8TYt

OwlsDen
02-12-2014, 06:46 PM
They look like the Wizard DD ( also Japanese ) if it is one they are supposed to be great. If you get one of those in clipcord and don't like it, I will buy it.

bretttattoos
02-12-2014, 10:32 PM
If I get one it'll be RCA lol but I'm hoping someone has tried one and can give feedback on them. The only two things I'm not sold on are the skinny little joint between the vice and the upright frame and the spring needle tensioner .. Seems like there needs to be more meat behind the vice and maybe the springy thing will work better than a rubber band but won't it wear out? And it may make a bit if noise ?

OwlsDen
02-13-2014, 03:15 AM
I have an old DD with the spring for a needle runner and to be honest it works great. It isn't the most beautiful to look at, but it works perfectly. I don't know what to say about the vice, but I doubt that it is a weak point.

bretttattoos
02-13-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm sure it isn't either, it just looks weak or thin right at the bottom of the upright I guess. The spring seems like a super simple way to do away with bands , and I'm sure there's a way someone could think of an adjustable one. Almost like a compression spring deal. I just think it may weaken over time, maybe not though I don't know