PDA

View Full Version : My review and comparison of my two faves Mink crankier and inkjecta flight

hendricksonart.com
02-13-2014, 04:22 PM
So for about five months now I have used basically one machine for everything. A dan kubin mini cranker with the standard abar and t techs. Lining shading everything 4 mm stroke. I tried the agrolite version but prefered the standard. Its been by far my the best machine I have used. I feel like my outlining has gotten much better using it because it just feels the same every time i use it regardless of needle grouping, its the same technique. Something that with coils would throw me off always using a different machine for different lining needs. The machine packs color amazing as well. The only down side is that with the 4 mm stroke its not the smoothest machine for black and grey and realism color, something I do not do much of any ways.

Now finally decided to try the flight v2 I have only used it a few times lining and shading with the 4mm stoke and medium bar. Surprisingly I don't feel any give using it maybe similar to what my kubin does. It does shade really nice probably my fave in this department. I think I still prefer lining with the kubin but they are at-least with the set up I have used very, very similar. I gonna have to try other set ups I think blk and grey with the shorter stroke would be amazing. I honestly couldnt pick one machine over the other. I just know with carts always going out of stock definitely will be keeping my kubin.

thesmokingmirror
02-13-2014, 04:40 PM
the cranker at 4mm does smooth shading at least my og cranker does just have a shorter hang in the tube. It works awesome with ttechs also!

hendricksonart.com
02-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Dont get me wrong it shades very smooth but there are machines the shade a little smoother just on stoke length alone. Some times smoother machines dont put ink in as solid or as quickly. The kubin is a good balance of this

nivek
02-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Thats why I havemore of the Mc13 and 14s - the adjustable stroke set to shorter stroke they are smooth as any other rotary I own.

hendricksonart.com
02-13-2014, 05:05 PM
i would have bought the ajustable stoke kubin but wanted to try something new and a little different. If getting t tehcs keeps being difficult i may give the mc14 a try

darkness
02-13-2014, 05:25 PM
i work now most with the MC14 for all and for very soft shading the Hm Adjustable ..now get a new MC2 with the normal bar and looks how its runs :)

Ofeloner
03-23-2014, 07:01 PM
i work now most with the MC14 for all and for very soft shading the Hm Adjustable ..now get a new MC2 with the normal bar and looks how its runs :)
What's the difference between the mc fat a bar and mc 2 normal bar?..big difference?.

darkness
03-24-2014, 04:46 AM
i would say the hit is a way zippy and powerfull for lining

DougHardy
04-01-2014, 01:52 PM
I have to say I've used the Kubins and Inkjectas for around 90% of my tattooing for the past 4 months. I usually set up both as they do different things, suiting all my needs. I don't like Dan's machines for cartridges though. I find that his machines and the ol' tube and bar setup cannot be beat.

ATS
04-01-2014, 05:37 PM
I have to say I've used the Kubins and Inkjectas for around 90% of my tattooing for the past 4 months. I usually set up both as they do different things, suiting all my needs. I don't like Dan's machines for cartridges though. I find that his machines and the ol' tube and bar setup cannot be beat.
I'v'e been running a DK dd with ttechs for the last few months.. I cant say enough good things about it..
I am still very interested in trying out an MC though..
What is it that you don't find to be on the money with Dans machines and carts?

DougHardy
04-08-2014, 03:42 PM
I'v'e been running a DK dd with ttechs for the last few months.. I cant say enough good things about it..
I am still very interested in trying out an MC though..
What is it that you don't find to be on the money with Dans machines and carts?

Actually I was wondering that myself, so I gave my Mini Max a go using nothing but carts (all T-Tech) and Tat Soul disposable grips the other day for 3 tattoos. I had no problems whatsoever, but for some reason they just didn't feel quite a responsive as using the standard needle bar action. I don't know what it is, perhaps the slightly built in resistance of the cartridges themselves. The tattoos came out fine, but I know I would have lined a bit faster if I was using old standard bar and needle. The colors were saturated and skin damage was minimal (as usual). So I dunno, it's just a personal preference I suppose.

ATS
04-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Maybe it's the small amount of built in give in the MC's (not having used one I can't really comment on this) that I've heard of that you don't like with the carts??
Whereas with the dd there's zero give..
Also, it's this slight 'give' that's what a whole lot of MC users say is part of the magic of the crankers..

ATS
07-29-2014, 07:18 PM
I got my hands on an MC2 with 4.8mm stroke.
Beautiful machine, but I'm have no luck with it using carts (ttechs)..
It keeps stopping at the top end of its stroke..
Anyone know why that could be happening?
Cheers

peter clements
07-30-2014, 01:31 PM
I got my hands on an MC2 with 4.8mm stroke.
Beautiful machine, but I'm have no luck with it using carts (ttechs)..
It keeps stopping at the top end of its stroke..
Anyone know why that could be happening?
Cheers

The strokes too much ,if it was say 4.0 or even 4.2 ,you wouldn't have this issue. 4.8 ? That's helluva lot of stroke, have you been trying to tattoo a Rhino ? :eek:

ATS
07-30-2014, 09:11 PM
The strokes too much ,if it was say 4.0 or even 4.2 ,you wouldn't have this issue. 4.8 ? That's helluva lot of stroke, have you been trying to tattoo a Rhino ? :eek:
Hahaha Rhino? Why no!! :D The guy bought it direct from Dan to use with fat ass liners and carts..(seems Dan told him it'd have no trouble pushing carts???)
Anyway, I spoke with Dan today, told him what was up and asked if he thought a 4.0mm cam would solve the problem.. he suggested a 3.7mm would be better than a 4.0, due to the shorter stroke having better torque.. However I think I may ask him to send me a 4.0 too..
Hopefully it'll work out.. Thanks Peter for your help and the lolz!

peter clements
08-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Hahaha Rhino? Why no!! :D The guy bought it direct from Dan to use with fat ass liners and carts..(seems Dan told him it'd have no trouble pushing carts???)
Anyway, I spoke with Dan today, told him what was up and asked if he thought a 4.0mm cam would solve the problem.. he suggested a 3.7mm would be better than a 4.0, due to the shorter stroke having better torque.. However I think I may ask him to send me a 4.0 too..
Hopefully it'll work out.. Thanks Peter for your help and the lolz!

My pleasure, I enjoy helping others, and yes , buy both cams.