PDA

View Full Version : Great horned owl

redrichie
02-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Cintiq 12wx. About 5 hour in. Little more tightening to go before it gets hung. 23871

serial1313
02-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Small picture but it looks nice.

sacredsouls
02-14-2014, 06:30 PM
How you liking that cintiq?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redrichie
02-15-2014, 09:30 AM
Thanks serial. I'll post a bigger one when I finish tightening.
Sacred, I love the cintiq. I wish I had the money for the bigger he ones like the 22 or 24. It's just another medium to me. I love painting and pencils etc. But the level of detail that is attainable with these things is amazing. They require some patience at first. And your first couple of pieces will look horrible. But look back on your first couple paintings you ever did and they were probably horrible too. Lol as a tool for tattooing it is utterly indispensable. Take a picture of you clients area to be tattooed and literally draw a finished design on them.. Look at Markus lenhard. Most of his awesome bio is completely rendered before it ever gets to skin.

sacredsouls
02-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Thanks redrichie I am using an ipad with sketchbook pro and I am getting by but I am constantly changing the opacity and color to make up for the lack of pressure. I have a wacom bamboo and it just ain't cutting it. I have found a few cintiqs on craigslist for around $500 I am gonna pull the trigger soon.

redrichie
02-15-2014, 06:19 PM
I use pressure to some degree but not fully. I like a low opacity like 17% as I build up the layers and colors. same as diluting oils and building them up. I use photoshop primarily but Ive heard good things about corel painter x3. My friend uses corel paintshop pro and he is bad ass. and its pretty much free. I too do some stuff on the ipad but I use procreate. Ive seen a dude named toxyc on facebook use sketchclub and he is fucking awesome. Wacom has a stylus that pairs with the ipad called intuous creative stylus and its only a hundred bucks and gives you pressure sensitivity but still has kind of a big nib. smaller than most but still a nib. be patient and good luck.

sacredsouls
02-16-2014, 08:18 AM
The only problem is all the pressure sensitive stylus for ipad require Bluetooth four which came on I pad 3 wouldn't you know I have and ipad 2 lol.