PDA

View Full Version : help! . cant decide between flite v2.1 or next gen centri. possibly 2014 gen 8

joelhague
02-16-2014, 01:30 PM
got a good chunk of change to drop on a new machine i am a hawk thunder user currently cant decide to go with flite v2.1 or the new centri. or maybe the 2014 model gen 8. any help is appreciated. does the new centri work with carts well?

asA
02-16-2014, 02:01 PM
I should have my centri any day and I'll test it with carts.. it looks like it will take some rigging to make work well with carts.

joelhague
02-16-2014, 02:14 PM
thank you asa i appreciate it. i guess i should add LOD to that list too. i hate my thunder on boney areas and just feel.like i need give sometimes even tho i tattoo most other areas without

asA
02-17-2014, 09:58 AM
My old lod broke... and he sent me a new one that doesn't line as nice as the old one.. He changed the frequency it operates at... so now it isn't capable of lining with big groupings... it's a bummer. It. Went from my favorite machine to a paper weight.

Patrick
02-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Hey Joel, if you're working mainly with carts, I'd go with the flite or the Gen 8. I've got a couple of V1 Centri's and, while they can be used with carts, it's not really what they were designed for. The flite was made for carts and the Gen 8 has a plenty powerful enough motor for them. Just my opinion, mind you.

Bishopbyname
02-17-2014, 05:37 PM
In terms of weight and size, you'll hardly realise you're holding a machine with the FliteV2 whereas the Gen8 is quite sizeable for a rotary and much nearer coil weight. Both machines are very adjustable. The softness achievable with a FliteV2, the 3mm cam and the soft push rod has to be seen to be believed. Put the 4.5mm cam in with the hard push rod and you've got yourself an awesome liner. As you can probably tell, i am a FliteV2 user. ;)

Blondan
02-17-2014, 06:46 PM
I was a thunder user (had three at some point) but I can say flite is one of the versatile machines out there... If you liked thunder you will love flite even more. Had the Centri first gen, really revolutionary system, but I think with flite is like having more options. I never had the chance to try the gen 8 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

crabink
02-18-2014, 12:35 AM
if you runs carts.. don't get the centri gen 2.. its 100% coil style give is not the best for carts..

No Iron Machines
02-18-2014, 10:00 AM
all good machine with very different things, THUNDER and NEW INKJECTA only give u the chance to use CRTRIDGE SITEM, other machine u can use normal needles and tube,. have to understand this at first

anyway, that u have THUNDER i don see any good poit to use other machine, except that u wanna a softer machine or u wanna go back to normal needles and tubes

joelhague
02-18-2014, 12:00 PM
orderd me a flite v2.1 anyone have a black cap and rigod bar to sell

jasonadelinia
02-18-2014, 09:27 PM
I just want to say I ran my gen2 centri with carts today and it works great. I didn't get on with my flite, centri has ample power. Only thing is that it's tricky to set an elastic band up to counterbalance the tension of the carts. Doable, but not as easy as a flite already designed to do so. I'm loving the centri after an initial run.

asA
02-18-2014, 11:05 PM
I assumed it would run carts with the same rubberband tinkering action. Looks like it does a good job pushing carts. Can't wait to get my centri.

Side note the flite has 2.5mm cam available awell. I broke my 4th soft pusher bar and when I was reordering that bar I saw the short stroke cam. So now there is 4 options for strokes on the flite.

joelhague
02-20-2014, 06:11 AM
broke the soft push rod wow that has me a little worried. i plan to try the medium for everything at 3.5 stroke. and if i dont like that probably just only use the rigid bar i think if i got a centri id just run it normal needle and tube style even tho i i love carts

asA
02-20-2014, 10:08 AM
Rigid bar doesn't work for me for some reason.... I can't get lines to go in or color to saturate. I had ok results with the rigid bar and like 17 volts but better results with the soft or medium bar and 10ish volts. (The springs on the pusher bars get a little bent and then it's all over... The spring will just wiggle and bend out of the way and won't push the cart. Less likely on ttech but with Cheyenne carts it happens faster)

joelhague
02-20-2014, 11:44 AM
hmm they should include like 12 bars with it then that will really piss me off when it happens wish i knew before ordering oh well

joelhague
02-20-2014, 11:52 AM
who sells the flex bars seperatly. tattoostuff and tatsoul dont have em. looked on protats site couldnt see them either fuck :(

asA
02-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Painfulpleasures had them. Now they only have hard bars... but protat has them. (Shipping sucks)

joelhague
02-21-2014, 04:02 PM
i emailed protat slow responses. the thing for me is the canadian sdollar is on par with aus , us dollar has gone up, so it would be the same price for me, i got my flite coming from tattoo stuff never ordered from them b4 but it seems to be well on its way :)

joelhague
02-21-2014, 04:03 PM
ill be trying to get the other bars from protat then and maybe order a couple hard bars from painfull pleasures, im assuming the hard bar might wear out a bit slower but people have probably scooped up all the soft and mediums from most suppliers