PDA

View Full Version : Valor by tatsoul

tatu richie
02-19-2014, 02:42 PM
I just received my valor direct from tatsoul, upon opening the package i was quite impressed with the presentation with the box, once opened i was blown away on the size of the machine, its small , which is awesome, and lite and feels very comfortable in the hand. enclosed was an allen key , cartridge cap to run the cartridge system and comes stock with the magnetic cap for standard needles, i was lucky enough to also receive all three stroke cams and a tube of super lube and instructions on how to care for ur new valor rotary. the machine itself is red and very sleek looking, (like a lambo). i plugged it in just to hear it run, its very quite and very smooth... i changed the stock cam of 3.5 to the 2.5 cam , it was really easy to change out....

that was the day i got the machine, the following day i had an appt so i was able to use the machine, now keep in mind i have been all hawks lately so i was a lil on the fence with using a diff setup, i had a phoenix to do in bng and red flames, so i onle did bng with the valor, i loaded a curved 7 mag in my stainless tube and with ease i was able to put the rig in without any issues. im not crazy about the needle tensioners but this one on the valor is quite pleasant. once i lined the piece i stated to use the valor for shading, i ran it at 8.0 on my critical and it gave me nice pepper shade for the wings, i lowered the volts to 7.0 and then i was able to give a very smooth blend on some smooth shading. the flames on the tattoo were solid red, so again i gave the valor a whirl, and damn gotta say it put the red in the skin with much ease, i cant wait to use it some more and give a more in depth review, i can just imagine how nice its gonna be with bigger grouping mags, also i will be doin some lining as well, so i will add more to this thread...
as far as what this machine is compared too? well its in a class of its own, its a must have and i can see this valor being an everyday successful machine, cant wait to switch out the cart piece so i can use a cart with it... i was worried it would be like a vivace, but like i said its very small. and deff not like a vivace. much better and smoother and more consistant machine, it is slightly louder then a vivace, yet very quite. i strongly suggest putting machine money to the side and picking one of these up.
Billy from tatsoul u went far and beyond with this, i take my hat of to u. well done sir and its a sexxxy bitch :)

tatu richie
02-19-2014, 03:19 PM

1982geeeeb
02-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Fuck thats a sexy machine does it have give.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

tatu richie
02-19-2014, 03:43 PM
no give but it does have a dampering when tattooing

1982geeeeb
02-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Real nice machine . Any ides on price and when its avalible

tatu richie
02-19-2014, 05:31 PM
its available now and if not mistakin it sells for $500 u.s

brandonmull
02-19-2014, 06:17 PM
mine should be here on Friday and I am very anxious to run this little beauty!!

thesmokingmirror
02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
can you show pic of the setup when you use it with carts

tatu richie
02-19-2014, 08:35 PM
i havnt used it with carts and its bcause i dont have a cart tube sorry

crabink
02-20-2014, 12:23 AM
I can't see spending 500.00 for a machine with one stroke and no adjustments.

richie
Does it come with all 3 cams?
Can you explain this magnetic dampening system?

tatu richie
02-20-2014, 01:03 AM
Then buy chinese shit or charge more for ur tattoos. If u dont like the price then dont buy it? How many expensive machines have u bought? Alot i am sure. It has three cams u can buy just like any other machine.

throwhammers
02-20-2014, 02:40 AM
I haven't used this machine, but I think the magnetic "dampening system" is sort of incorrectly named. It's really just functioning as a return spring on, say, a vivace or halo or even beast or swiss, that's why you have to take it out when you use carts (just like like removing the stay up spring in these other machines when using carts).
If you would consider these other machines "dampened", well then, yeah the Valour is too. O

Or am I missing something completely and it does more than a spring would do?

No Iron Machines
02-24-2014, 09:32 AM
is look very well done machine, the MAGNET is for push up the needles when machine stop

darianthade
02-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Here is a video Tatsoul put on youtube going over the machine. It looks pretty sweet to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPBHBRL6Zxc

Wonderland
02-24-2014, 10:37 AM
I took a look at the Valor machine at the Tat Soul booth. I have to say that while it is a nice looking and running machine. I personally did not like it. The bottom of the machine was a translucent plastic, and to be honest it felt a little cheap to me. I'm sure it is nice to tattoo with, but it was not my cup of tea. The motor has good torque though and it was nearly silent too.

dpadgett
02-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Same here. It appeared cheap and ran with a fair amount of vibration and noise to me. That's of course just judging it by first impressions and not tattooing with it. It definitely is very small and compact

peezie
02-24-2014, 11:44 AM
I haven't used this machine, but I think the magnetic "dampening system" is sort of incorrectly named. It's really just functioning as a return spring on, say, a vivace or halo or even beast or swiss, that's why you have to take it out when you use carts (just like like removing the stay up spring in these other machines when using carts).
If you would consider these other machines "dampened", well then, yeah the Valour is too. O

Or am I missing something completely and it does more than a spring would do?I don't own a valor and have not seen one in person but I think I can guess how it works with magnetic dampening. The only way I can see it having magnetic dampening and not just a stay up spring is the slot the bearing is riding in is wider allowing for forward give. So on the upstroke the slider continues to move downward because the slot is wider and therefore the magnet dampens the hit. Kinda like dynamic give. But that's just my guess and I could be completely wrong hahaha. If it don't work that way then it pretty much is just a stay up spring or I too may be completely missing something.

Administrator
02-24-2014, 01:20 PM
watch the video, it explains it all pretty well.

1982geeeeb
02-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Looks a nice machime but with all these baddass machines coming out like the centri. Symbeos and all the effort with the way it looks and magnetic dampening youd have thaught it would have at least have a give system. Its just another bishop. Neotat type machine with a needle stabilizer.

slicksteel
02-24-2014, 07:13 PM
haha thats all ya need for rotos! if ya want give get the machines that have mastered it-coils:cool:

vsprotoss
02-24-2014, 11:01 PM
I too have been using the valor the last few days and can give you an honest opinion now on the machine. It is an outstanding machine. Very solid. It is very small and feels dense. It definitely doesnt feel cheap to me. The quality of the machining is very precise. i cant even imagine how they made those angled cuts. The cool thing is that it is very easy to wipe down. every angle or "crack" is smoothed out on the body.

now onto the performance. I was doing line work around 8.5 volts to 9 volts, pushing 7s. then I started to do some blending around 7 volts, did some color packing around 8 volts. the torque and speed of this motor is just right to do almost everything... did I mention how small this machine is? the vibration is also less than the other rotaries I use. Here is a picture of the size comparison of some other rotary machines I currently own. I used to own the vivace but sold it a few months ago. It has a similar no-give mechanics but this one is faster, lighter, and more versatile... dont get me wrong, i loved my vivaces but i used it for mostly shading. this valor can do both lining and shading. Mike Devries had mentioned he used it on cartridges and said it was super good. This machine deserves a thumbs up and more. It's now my favorite rotary. Well worth the price. anyways my 2 cents. ill try to find some time to post some more pics hopefully later on thanks for reading.

slicksteel
02-25-2014, 01:40 AM
I would think it would line better then clip in sliders as it lets you have some damping with a soft gromment and the front tension device -and that magnetic returns got to make for a smoother needle pull out then a spring. sick looking machine for sure. looks to be very well thought out and designed. maybe those ones at the conventions were demo models.

No Iron Machines
02-25-2014, 12:52 PM
HELLO GUYS, on this video post by them TATSOUL, u can see when they remove the SLIDE, and is look rigid, so for my opinion this machine is 100% NO GIVE, and the DUMPENING SYSTEM they talk about is only for push back the sldie, so needles can stop inside the tube like a normal STY UP SPRING

i can be wrong but this is what look like from the video, anyway is look very weel done of course, maybe a GIVE SYSTME make mopre interested this stuff, but look very cool, compliments to the,m for the product

No Iron Machines
02-25-2014, 12:53 PM
here the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNaKKpIQMCE

slicksteel
02-25-2014, 06:07 PM
I think that magnet would provide a sort of softer cush as the needle enters the skin compared to a spring which makes it more bouncey and rough.As well as the needle being more fluid by the return action.

tatu richie
02-25-2014, 11:24 PM
all i gotta say is its a very sweet and very well made machine. there is nothing cheap about it whats so ever fyi... lines great one pass and shades very smooth, and packs the hell outta some color, well worth the bux , and if u tattoo and are any good the machines dont make u better, just makes life a lil easier

brandonmull
02-26-2014, 10:03 AM
I used it all day yesterday, i do dig the machine, yet running it at 7 volts it vibrated enough that my hand
was tingling afterwards.

darkness
02-26-2014, 11:51 AM
i would trade my flite to try a valor :)

thebeyond66
02-28-2014, 12:35 AM
I just got my Valor tattoo machine, it's very small and very clean machine. I lined with it about an hour today at 8.5-9 v. On a Cx1 power supply, the machine seemed to run a little warm to the touch, anyone have this problem? It lines really clean one pass lines. Can't wait to use it more.

slicksteel
02-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Some times slider machines will run a bit warm for a few hours till the slide breaks in to the frame . its better to have a good fit as to loose will cause a lot of noise.

thebeyond66
02-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Hey Slicksteel, thanks for the info!

The Limey
02-28-2014, 06:21 PM
Looks really well designed and with the magnets at the bottom of the stroke working against each other and decelerating the slider it makes perfect sense that it would have a little dampening. I wonder if they'll take it further and play with stronger/weaker magnet combinations to see if the amount of dampening can be varied enough to change the actual hit?

And if they haven't thought of it they'd better get one in the mail to me ASAP :p

tatu richie
06-25-2014, 01:24 PM
i recieved the newer updated version of the valor from billy of tat soul, just taking it out the box i can say i am impressed right away with the new vice skrew... and its purple (niiiice) i will give a review and update to this machine so stay tuned. cant wait bcause as we all know the first version was bas ass

brandonmull
06-25-2014, 04:59 PM
updated version? whats different besides color and the vice screw?

tatu richie
06-25-2014, 05:17 PM
updated version? whats different besides color and the vice screw?
like i said i just got i will let ya know asap