PDA

View Full Version : Rotary questions

darkink
05-02-2011, 11:07 PM
I am posting the link to my YouTube. Notice I’m back on coils. Check the skull girl and devil mask if you would.

Now to why. I’m a machine junky of all kinds. I have stealth’s neumas and stigmas. But still not what I’m looking for. I was hoping after seeing the video someone could suggest the right rotary for me.
I like how the coil machine in the videos I mentioned work .slow soft short stroke but they are not smooth

Any help is deeply appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/darkinktattoos
I also have some questions on rotary works

Price?
Do they have a waiting list?
Stroke?
Hit-- hard or soft?

Thanks for your time and suggestions

peter clements
05-03-2011, 06:02 AM
You're just going to have to experiment with different types of machine until you find the one that really suits you. The good thing about the better machines is that you can always trade or sell them if they are not right for you without making a loss. One thong I would say is ,get rid of the Neumas while you can,the advancement of the Rotary machine will cause the death knell of the pneumatic machine-who the hell wants a mini air compressor in their studio anyway? When a rotary can work off a power supply as big as a cig packet.
For a good all round Rotary I don't think you can go wrong with the Bishop, balance,smoothness,aesthetics,lining,shading, out of all my rotary machines it's the best all rounder.

Alie K
05-03-2011, 10:52 AM
So much with a rotary is personal preference and how the artist uses the machine. My coworker and I both use a medium stroke neotat for a lot of black and grey. He runs his at 10volts, I run mine at 9volts - sometimes less, depending on the look I want. Same machine, both black and grey work, different volts for different folks.

Sometimes it can be simply a matter of finding your preferred stroke length, and your voltage sweet spot for a machine.