PDA

View Full Version : New Centri reviews.

Cyberitual
03-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Not sure how many forum users purchased a New Centri but i would love to hear your thoughts for those who did. Thank you.

asA
03-01-2014, 11:52 PM
I've done a few tattoos with ttech carts and am still trying to sort out the best way to make them work for long sessions... The video you showed does ok but as the nipple breaks down the additional rubber band pulls the needle bar off of the armature (if I use a rubber band in the rubber band holder plus the additional band for the ttech compensation then the machine has too much resistances to get full stroke.. I used some silicon hose and it seems to be working better so far. I've been too busy to tinker much but I've done some fun tattoos with the machine so far... and had good results, other than this issue I really dig the machine.

crabink
03-02-2014, 12:19 AM
I honestly do not think t tech is the best match for the centri....

It would be nice to hear some standard needle set up reviews.

Stripe
03-02-2014, 01:23 AM
Ive been using mine for a couple weeks now. Been useing it for coloring and shading. I haven't lined with it yet. I did this piece today and all the gray wash and color was done with the Centri, (lines were with a neotat). I used a 9 mag in a regular disposable tube.
I like the new Centri more then the first version and I really liked my first one. It is lighter, size is better and it runs a little more consistent. I am almost a fan of the rubber band holder. Nice when I can get the band on but not always easy to get it on. Very easy to get off when clean up time comes.
The light has come in handy on a few pieces but gets in the way sometimes too. real nice that it comes off.
I have been running it between 9.3-9.8v.
The new Centri is my new daily tool...

asA
03-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Silicon hose did the trick for me pushing ttech for a 6 hour session and the pusher stayed put the whole tattoo... The new version of the Centri addressed all the problems of the first version for sure.
My first complaint with the gen 1 machine was the stroke was hard to adjust and kinda irregular... The new version is easy to adjust and holds its stroke nice and consitant.
Second complaint of the gen 1 was it's size. The new machine is smaller and less bulky, feels like a normal machine not a brick.
Third complaint was the connection placement. The new swivel Rca is amazing... The cord never feels in your way.

Overall this Is a great machine it lines pretty well, but it's biggest strong point for me is color saturation and blend stuff. It's definitely fun to tattoo with.

Cyberitual
03-03-2014, 11:19 AM
ive never used carts before this version as i didnt like the way they performed with the last centri. After testing this one with carts i dont want to go back to normal needles. the grommets i use are more like a clear silicon but tinted with color and it is harder then your normal solid color rubber grommets. those shead and crumble over long periods of use. im loving the ttechs now lol.

jasonadelinia
03-06-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm loving it! Only had it few weeks and look forward to seeing some healed pieces but it's super soft, but hits great! I'm only using carts ATM but will likely use regulars when I run out of carts. I ran the previous one with standard set up and loved it, but as AsA said all the issues have been sorted. Runs consistent and just hammers ink in. Benefits of a coil and rotary all in one! I'm mainly running it at 10.5V and that seems good for me or thereabouts. I personally don't really use the light and it can get in the way but it's a nice addition.

asA check the pic. I now wrap the elastic band behind the grip an as it's pulling back rather than away it seems to hold the grommet on better. I've not had one slip off since I've been doing this.

asA
03-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm loving it! Only had it few weeks and look forward to seeing some healed pieces but it's super soft, but hits great! I'm only using carts ATM but will likely use regulars when I run out of carts. I ran the previous one with standard set up and loved it, but as AsA said all the issues have been sorted. Runs consistent and just hammers ink in. Benefits of a coil and rotary all in one! I'm mainly running it at 10.5V and that seems good for me or thereabouts. I personally don't really use the light and it can get in the way but it's a nice addition.

asA check the pic. I now wrap the elastic band behind the grip an as it's pulling back rather than away it seems to hold the grommet on better. I've not had one slip off since I've been doing this.
Yeah that's how I do my bands too. But there really isn't a need now that I switched to silicon tube.

Dman
03-12-2014, 08:51 AM
So far I have used it with both carts and regular needle and tube setup. It definitely works well with the hawk carts. No compensation needed. It pushes anything with ease when using a regular setup. For me it was a little hard to get used to lining with it but now that I have used it more I love it. Shading and color packing are a breeze. I touched up an old tattoo that I did years ago on myself and it felt way softer and got better saturation then when I was using my dringenberg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Cyberitual
03-17-2014, 12:28 AM
We are currently out of stock on the Green Centri, for the moment. Black, Blue, red and silver are still available. Thanks for all the support!

tattoosbychriselement.com
03-17-2014, 08:01 AM
Hey since you like the cartridge system, maybe it's time u build a cartridge only machine? Lol

crabink
03-17-2014, 11:59 PM
My question is this... i imagine with the stroke opened up it is great for coloring.. has anyone shortened the stroke up and tried black n grey with it with regular needles?

How close is this to a coil machine? Pros Cons compared to coil?

I havn't seen anyone selling one yet and that's a good sign.

Cyberitual
03-19-2014, 05:16 PM
I dont think i would put money into something that only has one option "carts only". The Centri's goal is to be one size fits all. Now we know its impossible to please everyone but that doesn't mean we cant try. The Centri has been out for two months now and it seems to be functioning just fine for color, black n grey, outlining, regular needles, and cartridges. Ive seen some amazing work done with them since they came out and i have to say i sleep so much better.

Dman
03-19-2014, 06:09 PM
I gave up on trying to compare rotary machines to coils. The best thing to do is figure out if you like give or not. The centri has an adjustable stroke and give. I have used it with the stroke all the way out and it's great for lining and color. And then adjust the stroke to what I want for bng. The more I use it the more I feel it's effortless to do what I need to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk