PDA

View Full Version : Godoy v2

crabink
03-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Has anyone ran this machine?
I am looking for a soft shader for smaller needle groupings and this is 600.00.
Anyone have this machine?
Is it worth it?

sacredsouls
03-09-2014, 09:24 PM
I got tattooed by one of these a few years ago and he only used a 5 rnd shader and a 9 mag. It took 8 hours and my leg wasn't beat up at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyJimz
03-09-2014, 10:13 PM
i just got A "Godoy V3' off a trade for a juan puente power supply. An i must say these machines are bad ass and on another level.Id definately say to pick it up and give it a try. Alot of people dont like these guys. But speak on personal experience with the godoys they are cool as fawk and on some next level shit for sure. And heads up this machine can do it all Line,shade,and pack color with no adjustments what so ever. All u need to do is adjust ur power supply . But like anything eles its up to the tattooer to really make this machine something special.

crabink
03-10-2014, 12:35 AM
tight

nivek
03-10-2014, 12:39 PM
honestly I HIGHLY recommend you get a machine made by Jim Rosal - his machines are smooth as silk and at 400 each you cant go wrong

Bishopbyname
03-10-2014, 04:24 PM
i recently sold 1 of their Banana machines, ran a little warm but was a sweet runner. Got rid of it to fund more rotarys! :)

Panos tattoo
03-12-2014, 02:58 AM
i have 2 of them.not my 1st choice for soft shading.the first one i have is a first generation v2 that actually has its coils in a V shape.it has 6wraps coils with 21gauge wire.godoy changed it later on and made front coil leaning forward and reare one str8 in order to be able to use smaller armbar.also he changed the gauge and made it thinner.dont know the size but i think it must be 23-24 g.the frame is also thinner and lighter.they carry 100uf capacitors so you can understand that these machines are very strong.yes they are all around machines but they dont do shading for realism.i would say oldschool shading.lining with small grouping is great but they cant take more than standard 7L.they are great for color building and packing.and all these in the range of 5-6v.

skinmech
03-12-2014, 05:30 AM
I have ran just about all of the Godoys, and the v2, is not a fave of mine..On the bright side, it is a less complicated design than the "twin caps" Superfly ,however,at 600 bucks, expect to get a fraction of that back if you decide you don't like it...They have a "lifetime" warranty,which, doesn't cover certain parts, and if you retune the machine, then the warranty is void..Up to you,but, I would look elsewhere....

JoeyJimz
03-15-2014, 01:00 PM
That pretty crazy to read?. I thought the Godoys were cool as fawk. I had got a V2 on a trade and when i got the machine it was all fucked up Looked like shit and was in terrible condition. I contacted the Godoys and went down to their warehouse and they completely re-buit that machine for me no questions asked and after they were done i had a brand new machine that runs amazing. Thier builds are on some next level shit for sure but never once did i get any bad service. And they pretty much told me any problems with the machine come to them and they will take care of me?

skinmech
03-15-2014, 01:18 PM
You are lucky then Joey, I had a brand new Superfly, that, due to a design fault snapped the solder on the 2nd capacitor, I was told that caps were not covered, I sent pics to show what the problem was, even offered to pay for the replacement to keep the machine original, and was told to go to Radio Shack..

vsprotoss
03-15-2014, 05:36 PM
yea, godoys are pricks and they know it too. machines hit a bit on the softer side - not my cup of tea. If you really like soft machines, they're decent but man those machines are usually tuned not to hit anything bigger than a 5, maybe 7 setup.

crabink
03-16-2014, 03:32 AM
So whats a better soft shader builder to use? Fk?

darkness
03-16-2014, 03:45 AM
Victor Portugal , Mao Coko , Lithuanian Irons , Emillions ..think there are a lot builders for very good soft shader - i use most liners for soft shading with a littl tuneup

Bishopbyname
03-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Any of the Workhorse builders too. FKs are very expensive if you haven't tried 1 before, coils never get anywhere near the price you pay in a resell unless they're rare.

skinmech
03-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Any of the Workhorse builders too. FKs are very expensive if you haven't tried 1 before, coils never get anywhere near the price you pay in a resell unless they're rare.

I, slightly, disagree, any reliable, quality built Machine, which is respected by its user market, be it Coils or Rotary, will hold a certain portion of its value. The original purchaser will obviously take the biggest hit....I have Coils, which have increased in value, ironically, the same can't be said for many Rotaries..:)

Bishopbyname
03-16-2014, 10:24 AM
I, slightly, disagree, any reliable, quality built Machine, which is respected by its user market, be it Coils or Rotary, will hold a certain portion of its value. The original purchaser will obviously take the biggest hit....I have Coils, which have increased in value, ironically, the same can't be said for many Rotaries..:)

Yeah but i bet they weren't readily available coils such as FKs? And Godoys in particular are difficult to sell on as they're not as well known outside the US. There's lots of coils that are gonna retain or increase their value but they won't be CNC'd production line stuff.

nivek
03-16-2014, 10:06 PM
So whats a better soft shader builder to use? Fk?

Jim Rosal..

nivek
03-16-2014, 10:50 PM

I LOVE the aaron cains - i use very few coils these days - Cain - Rosal - Zuck - and one of my old faves ol Tommy Stegall

skinmech
03-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Yeah but i bet they weren't readily available coils such as FKs? And Godoys in particular are difficult to sell on as they're not as well known outside the US. There's lots of coils that are gonna retain or increase their value but they won't be CNC'd production line stuff.

I have ran 4 FKI Coil Machines, they didn't suit me....Anyone, who runs coils has heard of Godoy...Coil users do their homework and research before purchasing a machine, hype doesn't matter as much in the Coil World as it does in the Rotary World, IMO..

skinmech
03-17-2014, 03:11 PM
...Sorry for the hijack...:D

crabink
03-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Its all good cuh

Panos tattoo
03-17-2014, 06:25 PM
yea, godoys are pricks and they know it too. machines hit a bit on the softer side - not my cup of tea. If you really like soft machines, they're decent but man those machines are usually tuned not to hit anything bigger than a 5, maybe 7 setup.
dude i totally disagree.v2 soft hitting?punchy i would say.and believe me for color blending and packing they can push 15 magnums in the skin with no trauma with ease at 6v.honestly the way these machenes work is unique.they do what they say with a twist of the knob,BUT i have shader that shades better ,liner that lines better and packer that packs color like hell.do you get what im trying to say?i dont know arch but i do speak with steeve.yes he does speak like he is No1 or the top of the world but he is always willing to help and give advice if you ask.