PDA

View Full Version : Spektra Direkt Pre-Orders are Here! Forum Member Promo Codes Included

fkirons_kayleigh
03-14-2014, 05:39 PM
The all new Spektra Direkt is now available for pre-order at www.fkirons.com (http://www.fkirons.com/shop/spektra-direkt-preorder-now)! (http://www.fkirons.com/shop/spektra-direkt-preorder-now) We've spent over a year perfecting the most innovative and artist friendly direct drive machine, featuring an adjustable stroke module and an all new patent pending HexDrive MotorBolt system! Precision machined from 7075 aircraft grade aluminum and anodized for durability in 7 different colors, the Spektra Direkt weighs in at 2.8 ounces. Each machine body is adjustable with 3.2, 3.6, and 4mm stroke options that, combined with the new HexDrive MotorBolt, is ideal for dedicated task machines.

Now through April 1st the direct will be offered for a discounted price of $449.95 (Regular retail $485) with free shipping for all forum members.
Use promo code FORUMUS to redeem free shipping on all domestic orders, and FORUMINT for all international shipments.
All forum members will also be receiving some additional free special goodies with their new machines ;)

kusobaka
03-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Does it come with the clip-on drive bar for carts, or does that have to be ordered separately? I couldn't tell from the site. I am kinda slow though...

fkirons_kayleigh
03-14-2014, 06:16 PM
The clip on drive bar for cartridges will be an optional add on that we should have ready shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbtattoo
03-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Is the new motorbolt system backwards compatible with the halo? I've wanted to try a halo and i love using my direct drives so the idea of having both running off the same motor really interests me.

serial1313
03-14-2014, 06:44 PM
You can use the Direkt motor on the Halo but you can't use the Halo motor on the Direkt from what I understand.

fkirons
03-15-2014, 12:13 AM
Is the new motorbolt system backwards compatible with the halo? I've wanted to try a halo and i love using my direct drives so the idea of having both running off the same motor really interests me.
Yes it is. But it will required to remove the HexDrive gear from the motor so you can fit a Halo StrokeWheel.

fkirons
03-15-2014, 12:17 AM
You can use the Direkt motor on the Halo but you can't use the Halo motor on the Direkt from what I understand.
What happened is that in order for this mechanism to work, we had to come down to absolute precision, so the MotorBolt HexDrive and the Cam (that resides in the body) align with perfection at all times.

With the Spektra Halo, such tight precision is not required due to the nature of the system. ALL MotorBolts for Direkt are balanced and perfectly concentric with the Housing. You will also notice that the new MotorBolt design does not have any screws.

However like I explained in my past post, you can detach the HexDrive gear from the New MotorBolt of the Direkt and still use a conventional Stroke Wheel to power your Halo.

This is why we do not recommend powering Direkts with Halo motors, but there is no harm in using the MotorBolt of the Direkt on the Halo.

serial1313
03-15-2014, 12:33 AM
Sounds good! Just trying to help out.

fkirons
03-15-2014, 01:52 AM
Sounds good! Just trying to help out.

Thanks bud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

eric03
03-15-2014, 02:28 AM
i really wanna go play in traffic today:( i was told i have to drop $3000 on my jeep today if i wanna continue to drive it. i apparently have to make it "california legal" which means upgrading it to fuel injection so california considers it safe enough to drive. son of a bitches! now theres no way I'm gonna b able to take advantage of this amazing forum deal. so i am jealous of u all!!!

mike h
03-15-2014, 03:19 AM
got my order in -thanks gaston for putting in so much hard work into this machine.

crabink
03-15-2014, 04:18 AM
Can you explain the hexdrive system?

fkirons
03-15-2014, 09:41 AM
got my order in -thanks gaston for putting in so much hard work into this machine.
Thank you, and thank you all for the orders!

Can you explain the hexdrive system?
Sure Crabs..

The HexDrive MotorBolt system is a new mechanism we designed. We were looking for a One MotorBolt System that can be used
vertically or Horizontally giving us freedom to design any type of machine no mater what the motor orientation or technology we choose (Slider, direct drive, Swash, cam Barrel, etc)
The idea of the HexDrive system was gestated at the very early design stage of the Vortex, later renamed to "Aura", about 3 years ago.

We worked really hard trying it all, until we nailed it.

So this system consist of a MotorBolt system, that, instead of having a cam attached, has a Hex Gear attached to the motor. (Removable)
When the MotorBolt is locked in the MachineBody, the hex gear, plugs automatically in a Cam module, that's attached to a machine and constrained by a bearing. This allows the cam to sling perfectly concentrically without any axial load on the cam or motor shaft. This drastically reduces vibration and dramatically extends the life of the motor.

Thanks to the shape and design of Both HexGear and StrokeModule, the gear will always mate with ease with the female receiver of the StrokeModule.

The New HexDrive MotorBolt System is much more streamlined that previous version, does not have any screws, it's now mirror polished and it has deeper and larger groves
for better gripping. It's also lighter.

We have several machines in the works and all this future machines are working with this new HexDrive MotorBolt system.
The system has a patent in progress to protect our hard work for almost 3 years.

The system also allows us to design machines with in-Body cams. meaning that one motor will power different bodies with different strokes, where before you would have to have
Several Motors or change the strokes in the middle of a tattoo.

Having in-Body StrokeWheels allows the artist to have dedicated machines will dealing with just one bagged motor.

But the HexDrive System is not the only feature that makes this machine unique. The Spektra Direkt, features a new adjustable Stroke System, that consist of cap with a set positioning of the bearing, setting automatically the stroke without the need to slide or eyeball any moving part.
This design helped us to achieve the adjustable module without making the part bulky and keeping it streamlined. The screws that secure the StrokeCaps are also inlaid so you can even see them.

Each StrokeCap comes marked with dots. The come with every machine purchase along with the allen key to interchange them.
Available strokes are 3-3.5-4mm

This machine is virtually maintenance free. No parts to clean or grease.
The Spektra Direct Body can be also be autoclaved and/ or sanitized upon removal of MotorBolt.

The HexDrive MortorBolt system will fit the Halo (upon removing Hex Gear and re attaching a conventional StrokeWheel to the motor)
However since this system requires precise concentricity, we do not suggest using a Halo MotorBolt System in a Direkt as any slight misalignment could damage the motor.

Thank you to all the orders we received and I hope you enjoy this little machine.
She was like giving birth almost!

johndameart
03-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Everyone get on that shit!!!!! Get your orders in!!!!!!!

crabink
03-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Next question is very important to me... In my opinion the Halo motor is very high torque... and you ever gonna release a lower torque version.. something with less impact like the dragonfly motor?

I think the Symbeos' use of 3 motors is very very smart...

Just curious...

and also how far along is the aura?

fkirons
03-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Next question is very important to me... In my opinion the Halo motor is very high torque... and you ever gonna release a lower torque version.. something with less impact like the dragonfly motor?

I think the Symbeos' use of 3 motors is very very smart...

Just curious...

and also how far along is the aura?

Hi Crab:
When I hear this subject, I assume that there it may be a misconception between give and torque. A motor with low torque will stall when less resistance is applied than a motor with a higher torque output. Are you referring to a machine that bogs down due to a lack of power? If so, this is not the same scenario as coil machines or machines with give system where a machine can run the needles while giving a spring mechanism designed to offer such performance.

We haven't found the need to offer a motor with weak torque output. Our two rotaries (Halo and Direkt) are machines with a versatile motor where a user can push anything from a single needle to a 50 magnum without the lack of power. If you want a machine to run at lower rpms, simply drop the voltage.

If you want a machine to give in, simply get a machine with a give system. You will need a machine with power even when the bogging down effect is needed, otherwise you will be applying counter resistance to the motor that could end up killing the motor due to the lack of power. As of today, a machine with a weak motor has not made sense yet to our research and development. We are not saying that is wrong, all we are saying is we have not found a logical use for a low torque motor in our machine engineering.

Perhaps other builders can fill in the gap and give their own experience regarding this matter. As I've heard this subject been brought up several times.
We are here also to learn and listen.

crabink
03-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Hi Crab:
When I hear this subject, I assume that there it may be a misconception between give and torque. A motor with low torque will stall when less resistance is applied than a motor with a higher torque output. Are you referring to a machine that bogs down due to a lack of power? If so, this is not the same scenario as coil machines or machines with give system where a machine can run the needles while giving a spring mechanism designed to offer such performance.

We haven't found the need to offer a motor with weak torque output. Our two rotaries (Halo and Direkt) are machines with a versatile motor where a user can push anything from a single needle to a 50 magnum without the lack of power. If you want a machine to run at lower rpms, simply drop the voltage.

If you want a machine to give in, simply get a machine with a give system. You will need a machine with power even when the bogging down effect is needed, otherwise you will be applying counter resistance to the motor that could end up killing the motor due to the lack of power. As of today, a machine with a weak motor has not made sense yet to our research and development. We are not saying that is wrong, all we are saying is we have not found a logical use for a low torque motor in our machine engineering.

Perhaps other builders can fill in the gap and give their own experience regarding this matter. As I've heard this subject been brought up several times.
We are here also to learn and listen.

Understood .. i guess the reason I ask is my other artist uses a dragonfly and it seems to do way less trauma than a Halo ... the give system on the halo doesn't seem to take the bite of enough for me and it hits really hard and the dragonfly give is pretty soft when opened. I know lowering the volts will lower the hit, but i want to keep the nice precise speed than makes the needles flow.

Is the Direkt motor the same as the halo.. because I would imagine that without a slider and other things in the path of resistance it would drive harder.

Curious if you could talk about the halo vs Direct motors.

fkirons
03-16-2014, 02:44 AM
Understood .. i guess the reason I ask is my other artist uses a dragonfly and it seems to do way less trauma than a Halo ... the give system on the halo doesn't seem to take the bite of enough for me and it hits really hard and the dragonfly give is pretty soft when opened. I know lowering the volts will lower the hit, but i want to keep the nice precise speed than makes the needles flow.

Is the Direkt motor the same as the halo.. because I would imagine that without a slider and other things in the path of resistance it would drive harder.

Curious if you could talk about the halo vs Direct motors.

In the end it's all hand control. Look at the smooth work done with many cartridge machines with no give. Also look at the smooth work done with amazing give machines.

And why not, look at the amazing work done with Halos and Dragonfly. It's all about spending the right time to getting familiar with the gear.

The motor of the Halo is the same motor of the Direkt. Little powerful Maxon 216000.

Bishopbyname
03-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Some of the softest tattooing i've done was with some kind of direct hit machine. I am anti give (which is why i have a Dragonfly up for trade). I like having the control in my hand which is why i love my Bishop, Mike Metaxa classics, Old Timer and RW. The amount of trauma you cause can also be in your hand.

Roly
03-16-2014, 03:24 PM
I own a Spektra and also own a couple other rotaries as well and i can honestly say I have yet to use a rotary that performs like the Spektra. and as for trauma caused to the skin, the machine makes it pretty effortless to pack color or with a twist of the give adjustment at the top of the machine do super soft bng. the pieces i do with the Spektra also heal super quick due to how little trauma is caused to the skin. I love this machine and I know the Direkt is gonna be just as good if not better.

sacredsouls
03-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Crab what voltage are you running at? I find anything over 8.2ish with cartridges hit to hard in my opinion. You maybe also using to much needle hang. I got tattooed by a halo with a 4mm stroke the needle set to come all the way out at 10 volts and got chewed up bad. However I set my needles back a lot and use a lower voltage and my stuff is almost healed as it is walking out the door.

fkirons
03-16-2014, 11:20 PM
In my personal experience with hundreds of machine, I've yet to come across a machine that chews up by itself.
Most of the time the chewing effect is either related, to needle, voltage, rpms, high DC (in coils) or all of the above. But first and foremost, technique.

Almost any decent machine can be dialed in to perform. With different types of machines, technique must be tweaked as well to achieve the desired results. With new machines, it's always a safe call to start low and crank up as confidence in built.

sacredsouls
03-17-2014, 08:03 AM
Gaston I agree 100% I didn't mean that your halo was the reason I got chewed up. It was the most painful session of my life and there was quite a bit of blood going on. I didn't have a halo at the time and was asking how it was set up. And he told me 10v with a 4mm stroke set at no give with full needle hang.

I have yet to even have any scabbing using my halo with a 3.2 or 3.6 wheel with slight give at 8.2/8.4v with the needle hang only as much as I need not full hang.

I was just simply letting crab know that any machine turned up too high is gonna have to much torque for what is needed.

The Limey
03-17-2014, 09:32 AM
In my personal experience with hundreds of machine, I've yet to come across a machine that chews up by itself.
Most of the time the chewing effect is either related, to needle, voltage, rpms, high DC (in coils) or all of the above. But first and foremost, technique.

Almost any decent machine can be dialed in to perform. With different types of machines, technique must be tweaked as well to achieve the desired results. With new machines, it's always a safe call to start low and crank up as confidence in built.

Couldn't agree more, technique or the lack of is usually the primary cause of most things bad.

slicksteel
03-17-2014, 12:39 PM
sacredsouls it sounds like he sunk a full 4mm in to you!

sacredsouls
03-17-2014, 12:44 PM
I guess that is what I was trying to say haha. I have been tattooed by the same guy five times for 4-8 hours a sitting and this was the first time it happened. Maybe he was trying to tell me he doesn't wanna tattoo me anymore lol.

sacredsouls
03-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Sorry to sidetrack your thread Gaston. I in no way am bashing the halo. I use mine everyday and won't part with it.

fkirons
03-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Just a few days left for anyone that wants to take advantage of the forum discount and save. We'll be back to full retail price next week.

crabink
03-23-2014, 04:30 PM
I sold my halos to get something softer.. i use a lot of 7 and 11 mags and its just hits to hard..
The halo give system, even with the spring cut in half is not even close to soft.

crabink
03-23-2014, 04:31 PM
i run it around 7.5 7.9

Ofeloner
03-24-2014, 12:36 AM
My halo hits nice and smooth, not to hard, not to soft..its perfect.

asa_castle
03-24-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm a no give guy and I think halos are fine, they're not too soft at all, however I do think a direct drive orbital at 475 appmx is too much $$$. Just my opinion. I'm sure it's all well researched and built though. Just saying.

fkirons
03-24-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm a no give guy and I think halos are fine, they're not too soft at all, however I do think a direct drive orbital at 475 appmx is too much $$$. Just my opinion. I'm sure it's all well researched and built though. Just saying.

When we priced the machine we wanted to make sense with the amount of work that goes into making one while keeping the machine at a reasonable price.

One you see the machine and its parts you'll understand why.
The Direkt is not a machine with just a cam attached to the motor. There are several internal parts in the housing (HexDrive Stroke System) that reduces vibration while making possible the motor detaching as the stroke stays secured and perfectly concentric in the body. The frame is buffed to a mirror polished and then duo tone anodized. All made here at home.