PDA

View Full Version : Cheyenne Machine vs Flight Vice vs The Flight Combo

Kian
03-16-2014, 09:56 AM
I have been looking at getting a Cheyenne tattoo machine but not sure which one to get, whats your thoughts and why?

asA
03-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Thunder liner/solid color fill. Spirit color blending/black an grey. Original hawk soft blending and smooth greys. Unfortunately one machine won't Excell at everything.. The sprit almost does it all hut doesn't have the throw to line in all situations. So ya end up needing a spirit and a thunder.

Kian
03-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Thunder liner/solid color fill. Spirit color blending/black an grey. Original hawk soft blending and smooth greys. Unfortunately one machine won't Excell at everything.. The sprit almost does it all hut doesn't have the throw to line in all situations. So ya end up needing a spirit and a thunder.

Ok that's why I love Dales machines (RotaryWorks) I have a few of his and also his cartridge machine, I love them cause they are all good rounders but like to use different machines and that's why was looking at Cheyenne machines.

Dreviltattoo
03-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Agreed. If u are going to only buy one then get the thunder. I would recommend buying the inkjecta flite combo. Has more options and versatility. I have them all and so does Asa. I have a vice version up on here for sale if ur interested. But I'm not worried about keeping it either. Lol

Kian
03-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Agreed. If u are going to only buy one then get the thunder. I would recommend buying the inkjecta flite combo. Has more options and versatility. I have them all and so does Asa. I have a vice version up on here for sale if ur interested. But I'm not worried about keeping it either. Lol

Ok what you asking for it pm me and also the only other thing is the tax when it come into the uk

Kian
03-16-2014, 10:53 AM

Ok what you asking for it pm me and also the only other thing is the tax when it come into the uk

Kian
03-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Sorry for the double post, So out of the Thunder the Flight Vice and The Flight Combo Which one to get, over all am looking for a good all rounder

asA
03-16-2014, 11:01 AM
The flite will do it all... If ya wanna switch out the cams for each specific task.... or buy 2 flites... I'm still looking for the 100%all around machine that works for everything.. There are a few that come close but there is still no magical machine that totally amazes me at every task.

asA
03-16-2014, 11:08 AM
The vice version has more versatile options... With the possibility of disposable grips and having the options to use the stainless steal inkjecta grip, cheyenne flex grip, ttech grip or whatever new option that may come out... having said all that I still like my combo version better.... haha

Bishopbyname
03-16-2014, 01:10 PM
I think the Spirit has more than enough throw for lining. I've lined stomachs, ribs, all sorts of skin types with 3rl-14rl. You may need to pump the volts up but it can do everything. Only thing i don't like about it is it's made by what i call a parasite company. No real love of tattooing, no background in tattooing just a business to them. :mad:

Kian
03-16-2014, 02:20 PM
The flite will do it all... If ya wanna switch out the cams for each specific task.... or buy 2 flites... I'm still looking for the 100%all around machine that works for everything.. There are a few that come close but there is still no magical machine that totally amazes me at every task.

Nice and suppose that is true with the flex grip extra added benefit, is it quick and easy to change the cams out?

Dreviltattoo
03-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Yeah i have both versions. i bought a flex grip for the vice version. the vice version will require the combo version give bars to work with the flex grip. i have both versions so i have the bars. i also have used the vice version with wrath cart disposables with the rigid bar. I bought it for bangers so i wouldn't have to wrap my hawk grip all up and i use disp grip covers with the hawk version. I mostly do 5-7hr sessions so I have barely used the vice version. I think it's more versatile but i tend to stick to the same type of scheduled appts. I do one tattoo a day so i bought the vice version for when i have a reg client that demands i do there tiny shamrock tattoo or what not. i've also used it with a ttech pusher with the loop cut off and sanded smooth. i really like the hawk grip so i usually use the combo but the vice with the flex grip is the same and you can use ttech grips and other disposables, the RPG can be used if you cut a standard needle bar to length and file the ends smooth. Definately a lot of possibilities with the vice version. Either way, the flite is a super smooth and versitile machine. it has the only brushless motor (maxon) which means the hit doesn't change with the voltage is changed like most rotaries. and it's rated at like 24v and i have no idea how fast your hand would have to move to keep up with that. i like 9-12v. mostly 9.4, 3.5mm cam, and a 15 or 23 mag with a medium bar. here's a couple with those settings:
color is in progress. 15long tapered mag, 7 long tapered mag, prob a 3 or 5 super tight liner just for highlights
skull piece was with a 23 curved mag and a liner for white highlights.
It's like having a hawk with a better motor and lots of options. and i have the thunder and spirit. the spirit lines like shit if you hang your needle out. i like to hang mine. it gets snaggy so i really just use it once in a while for black and grey. everything ends up collecting dust. i got the hawks and put everything else down including my stylus, now my hawks are sitting because i got the flites. who know what is next, but the flite is really impressive and I'll be happy to keep the dust off of it till the next big thing comes out.