PDA

View Full Version : Black Cat Salve

Mr.Taboo
03-20-2014, 05:11 PM
I went to their online yahoo store and it's down, sent Emails and have gotten no reply.
I was wondering if any of you know if they're still up and running or have folded?

rayofthedead
07-15-2014, 12:05 PM
I think they went under man. We use them at my shop exclusively and the last time we ordered from TatMed the guy told us he was running low and they weren't taking any more orders so we bought everything they had in stock.

I'm interested to hear if anyone is using anything like Black Cat. We've tried Hustle Butter, which is nice, but doesn't work as well as the black cat and also doesn't come in the nice half ounce and 1 Oz. containers.

Any opinions in what else to try?

Mr.Taboo
07-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Got a couple of samples of Redemption, gave them to a few regulars to try out. So far they've said it was doing pretty good.
https://www.facebook.com/redemptiontattoocare

DavidEngbaek
07-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Kristen Gunn is a friend of mine.... she decided to pack it in .. didn't go under , she just moved on to other things.

rayofthedead
07-16-2014, 12:28 AM
Thanks for clarifying man. It's a shame, it was such a superior product.

Mr.Taboo
07-16-2014, 08:37 PM
Kristen Gunn is a friend of mine.... she decided to pack it in .. didn't go under , she just moved on to other things.
Thanks for the info , it's a shame it was really great stuff.

DavidEngbaek
07-20-2014, 07:54 PM
i know all my customers loved it..... now i'm looking for a replacement.. any suggestions? i've been giving out Purtect. people aren't in love with it like Black cat, but it seems to work fine.

jsuchoza
09-04-2014, 03:22 AM
Rebirth is a game changer.

Mr.Taboo
09-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Would this be what you are referring to ? http://www.rebirthtattooaftercare.com/

tattooange
09-08-2014, 08:10 AM
thank 4 info !

rayofthedead
09-09-2014, 02:22 PM
There are a lot of cool options out there. The problem at our shop is, we like to give the product to our clients at no charge. It creates a higher chance that they will use what we want them to use. Black Cat was, in our opinion, the best product, and cheap enough to give away. We recently decided to make our own healing ointment. We recruited a client of ours that happened to be a chemist whose job was to reverse formulate brand name products and recreate them for Target's 'UP' brand. He sat down with us and helped us create a formula that was close to what several products used but made it ours and it works AMAZINGLY! We put a couple hundred bucks up out of our pockets and bought all of the equipment, ingredients, and packaging materials and now we have our own brand of 'tattoo balm'. We do not sell it to avoid and regulation problems. We are still in trials and trying to hammer out the perfect formula but its going well and I dont see us doing it any other way.