PDA

View Full Version : cheyenne thunder bearing

throwhammers
03-21-2014, 03:05 PM
So my thunder made a really cool high pitched screeching sound right before it seized up in the middle of a tattoo. My client looked at me and said "Do you think it's broken?"... good stuff

Later when i took it apart and checked it out, the motor seems fine, but the bearing is seized, or almost seized. Any ideas where i can get just the bearing? I'll replace the machine if need be, but it would be cool if i could just fix the bearing...
thanks

Administrator
03-21-2014, 06:07 PM
I don't think cheyenne sells parts. They make it as difficult as can be already to take the machine apart so user servicing is likely not encouraged. Have you tried emailing them to see if they will repair it?

throwhammers
03-22-2014, 02:58 AM
Thanks. I don't think they would touch it as i switched it to rca long ago...

Patrick
03-22-2014, 09:55 AM
I haven't torn the front of mine apart, yet... Any chance of cannibalizing a bearing from another machine?

Patrick
03-22-2014, 09:58 AM
I know Rick Serna, who makes the Stylus machines, has done some really cool mods to Cheyenne machines. I'm sure he'd be able to help. You might hit him up.

throwhammers
03-22-2014, 04:10 PM
I know Rick Serna, who makes the Stylus machines, has done some really cool mods to Cheyenne machines. I'm sure he'd be able to help. You might hit him up.

Good call! Thanks man.