PDA

View Full Version : new whip it buy swashdrive! not an upright swash anymore!

slicksteel
05-05-2011, 03:28 PM
all i can say is wow!
http://unimaxsupply.com/tatmch/1swashwhip.htm

The Limey
05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Its not a Swashdrive any more, its a cannister with a variable flex armature bar... fugly but cool... so, who is going to be the first person to try one?

Zapp
05-05-2011, 03:41 PM
HOLY SHIT !
Another one i must buy !
This getting my ruin !
Hahahahahha.......

slicksteel
05-05-2011, 03:41 PM
man i love the look! i like being to angle the rca to the left and actual adjsutments you could right down if you like the results.

The Limey
05-05-2011, 03:43 PM
OK Zapp, you buy one and let us know whatcha think :cool:

Zapp
05-05-2011, 03:58 PM
OK Zapp, you buy one and let us know whatcha think :cool:
I will do but they are not in stock :-(

Administrator
05-05-2011, 04:01 PM
It certainly is clever.

chris-in-cali
05-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Do you think the hit adjustment would effect the stroke too?

slicksteel
05-05-2011, 05:08 PM
i dont thick it would as its not a spring setup. althoe the softer setting would have give which would make the needle not go in as deep.

Administrator
05-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Swash started selling the Roman (HMR) machines and then made something similar to expand their line. I know the HMR machines are really light weight as it is, I wonder how much lighter these come in at.

http://unimaxsupply.com/tatmch/whipz900x328.jpg

http://www.qualitytattoomachines.com/editor/assets/products/Three-in-One-Image.jpg

edcircus
05-05-2011, 06:32 PM
and more new toys..........they look good.

jerseybryan
05-05-2011, 10:46 PM
wow that is an interesting little gadget....might have to pick one up...

nathan bauer
05-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Just saw em on unimax. I like the concept,but i had a swash gen 3. Unfortunately I didnt have a good experience with the swash gen 3,or the customer service.

Alie K
05-06-2011, 12:16 AM
ooOOOooOOOOooooooOOoo! Something else to save my money for....

Alie K
05-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Just saw em on unimax. I like the concept,but i had a swash gen 3. Unfortunately I didnt have a good experience with the swash gen 3,or the customer service.

I heard their customer service licks balls. Haven't had to use it yet, though.

peter clements
05-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Oh No! another lovely Rotary to agonise over.

Zapp
05-06-2011, 06:48 AM
I heard their customer service licks balls. Haven't had to use it yet, though.
They are not in stock :-(
I have orderd a Neotat from Unimax and the customer service was awesome !
The machine goes out bevor they get the money from paypal !!!!

Rattus
05-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Cool, Clever....I bet they are nice.

Rattus
05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I wonder how the wear is on those 1/2 step adjustments.

specialtechnique
05-07-2011, 04:21 PM
yes! another strange and wonderful innovation from swashdrive! mechanically i can tell it runs and tattoos great. my only concern would be... does the slider stay exactly and reliably in one spot?

what a cool idea :]

Davidbautista90
05-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Looks great! can't wait to hear some reviews on this one!

tattoosteve
05-27-2011, 07:55 AM
I wonder if the rubber band will rub against the swing arm

anothernick
05-30-2011, 01:14 PM
looks like you can order em on http://www.qualitytattoomachines.com/product/8/default.asp as well! just dont know how it will compare to previous generations as its not strictly got a swash motion? hi everybody btw :) x

JohnnyChaos
05-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Swash started selling the Roman (HMR) machines.
http://www.qualitytattoomachines.com/editor/assets/products/Three-in-One-Image.jpg

got to have a little play with one of those HMR machines at the weekend. Ran very nice. lovely little machine.

Tha Kuya
06-01-2011, 03:36 PM
i'm thinking of taking the plunge...who dares me?

Zophod12
06-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I Just did! Do it

Kali
07-07-2011, 04:06 AM
Hi Guys just thought id comment on some of the things written. Firstly there is no comparison between the Roman HMR machine and the Whip, the hit between the two is very different!. The Whip negates the circular motion found in most rotary machines. Where the cam runs at its highest and lowest point the whipping motion is taking affect so the motion is not slowed at all, it mimics a coil action more but stops only by the pulling affect of the motor, instead of hitting the coil!
I have 3 Whips and im currently playing with the weight system to see how it changes its performance. It will soon be available with a shorter stroke cam so the variations of running it will be pretty amazing!
So far ive had no problem with the giv clip moving and i doubt it ever will, it has no wear at all due to the Polymide material its made of, super tough stuff and to change the clips over just push the rod thru and pull off the circlip, you cant break anything:)
Any questions on the machine feel free to ask, its the bomb of machines!

Derby Bel
07-07-2011, 04:24 AM
I have 3 Whips and im currently playing with the weight system to see how it changes its performance. It will soon be available with a shorter stroke cam so the variations of running it will be pretty amazing!

Kali, please keep us posted on the results on your experiments with the weights. The shorter stroke could be quite cool. My dilemma is can I weight for the short stroke whip, or will the temptation to by the short stroke dragonfly get to me first ;)

Kali
07-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Derby nice to meet ya! I dont know alot about the dragonfly but i hear its the same basic principle that a few machines share, im sure it works gd but the Whip isnt like them sorta machines! Seeing as your in Brisy why dont you go check em out at Sacred Skin or Garage ink? Teniele Napoli uses them and luvs em and look at her work Geeshh!!!

tgseh
07-07-2011, 05:05 PM
i orderd one it will be here soon..if its as good as my gen 6 swash which i use every day,i will be very satisfied looks like from kali's review it will be even better they make good machines.. that zytel is some tough hardwearing shit as long as you can get the motor out for replacement..the casing will last longer than your teeth maybee in a few hundred years time team will be diggin em up in fields,in perfect working order.. my boss dropped his gen six in the sonic full of rapid ex stared at it in disbelief for a few seconds then fished it out dried it off no problem works like a charm to this day well done swashdrive my opinion of the swash is very high.hey kali have you lined with it if so what did u think and what give clip and setting would you recomend ..peace

Dreviltattoo
07-07-2011, 11:35 PM
it would def effect the stroke length. i've seen a few posts on here of people using them. do a search for "swashdrive whip"

Derby Bel
07-08-2011, 03:43 AM
Kali, I have a whip but no weights and no short stroke. Just want to know if you think the weights are worth it as they are soon to start selling them.

jeffcovell
07-09-2011, 12:03 AM
I own three of these machines. I will say that the way these machines run is the best out of all the rotaries I've tried. The whipping of the a-bar is simple but ingenious design. I'm gonna shoot a promo video with them for H2Ocean green foam soap this weekend probably. I'll take some extra footage for you on the forum to see them in action. Until then, take care all.

Derby Bel
07-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Jeff, I'd like to see that footage. Thanks for the feedback on the whip. Are you using these weights at all?

Kali
07-09-2011, 09:45 AM
The Whip is affected by the weight sytem for sure. With the soft bar on and in the softest setting, the weight acts like an anvil, it creates a larger whip but mainly on the down force due to its design! When u move the clip into its hard setting it seems to hit softer? I put this down to it being a smaller anvil?
The benefits behind it seem to be that you can get ink in at low speeds, gd for soft areas, less trauma etc
I havent lined with the Whip much as ive been waiting on the shorter stroke hub, ive played a bit with the lightest weight on soft bar in soft setting and i gota say it lined grt! im givin it a blast monday and if it keeps it up i'll stick with it;)
Jeff looking forward to that footage too bro!

anothernick
07-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Ordered my whip today!!! gonna see if i can whip with the whip! im pretty excited to be fair! hahaa love that new machine feeling!