PDA

View Full Version : Spektra Direkt

JoeyJimz
03-28-2014, 01:31 AM

Okay so far I'm fawken loving this machine. Ive used it twice so far once on a black customer that wanted color done, And this machine laid it down with no effort smoothê and flawless. The machine has a pretty cool control/feel to it supper silent and virtually no vibration at all. So today I actually used this on my self and did some black and grey work on my leg and Holy shit this machine is sweeeeeet the fades and blends i was achieving with this had everyone in my shop taking a double take supper smoothé consistent and soft. I wasn't getting any raking or any excessive redness or swelling. So far my only gripe about this machine is my rubber band popped off on me both times I've used this machine. Not a real big concern personally but thats the only thing I've experienced. The first time i used the halo rubber band and the second time i used a standard rubber band. Tomarrow I'm gonna do some black and grey so ill def be posting some pics real soon. But all in all this machine is a Must have don't sleep I totally love this machine and look forward to using it in combination with my halo. I don't really have any other rotaries so i can't really compare it to other machines i try to stick with what i know and Wanna master to tools i have so i stay away from buying new Rotarys every time one gets released. But I really liked my experience with The FK irons Halo and like the service they give me so i jumped on this and glad i did. Hope you all get one and ill be posting pics real soon.

chris-in-cali
03-28-2014, 02:20 AM
ya dude....i fucking want one.

probably comparing oranges to apples....but how would you compare it to the halo?

JoeyJimz
03-28-2014, 03:30 AM
You can't really compare it to the Halo in my opinion. It is a completely different mechanic and feel The Halo has more options you can adjust the give witch opens up all kinds of options as far as set up goes. The direkt is just like it say a direct hit no option for give other than the power to feed it and your natural ability to read the skin ur working on. I mean you can feel what your doing you know so in a way that acts as your own natural give lol. Also this is a hex drive system so its very tight in my opinion compared to the wheel? you can change the stroke on this machine but unlike the halo the stroke is built into the frame where on the halo its built onto the motor so is definitely different on that note alone. I really like them both and i need more hours behind the Direkt to really give you a better break down but for the price I would definitely recommend you pick one up. I personally really like the quality behind FK irons products and since using them I can tell you I have no complaints and am on my way to using them 100 percent. I really wanna get a coil set from them next though. and when i do my set up will be Fkiron coils for lining and small details and my halo and direkt for shading and coloring.

chris-in-cali
03-28-2014, 06:22 PM
yup....exactly where im headed.....couple of coils for lining and a halo and direkt for everything else

cool man, thanks for the reply!

Justink
03-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Let's see your leg then :)

Shawn
03-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Use an o ring instead of rubber bands

billannand
03-29-2014, 02:52 AM
They did release a video on thee fb page for different options for elastic set ups. I feel I need this machine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fkirons_kayleigh
03-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Here's a link to that video so that you can see the different tensioner options:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=646787215371189&set=vb.138893722827210&type=2&theater

I didn't have the O-rings at Musink, but I put one out in the mail for you JoeyJimz in case you want to use that option :)

Ofeloner
03-29-2014, 10:59 PM
I pre orderd mine.. Still waiting,,I'm soooo jealous.this wait seems to be taking forever!!

kbzeeh
03-29-2014, 11:11 PM
I pre-order mines too. Hopefully they start shipping them by the 1st.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Ofeloner
03-30-2014, 02:25 AM
I pray to God they do..its driving me crazy..lol

fkirons
03-31-2014, 09:18 AM
We have started building Direkts so we will ship units as soon as they are ready. We had a crazy amount of orders between artist and distributors so it may take us a bit to fulfill them all. Tracking info will be sent upon shipping. Please bare with us we are on it!

nathan bauer
04-17-2014, 02:36 AM
I am really liking mine as well. Can't find many faults with it at all.the o ring is the way to go for sure.So light .so very little noise and vibration. I only feel the weight of the cord.Fk took such a basic old idea and polished the hell out of every aspect. I really hope they start making hex drive halo bodies so we could have alot more options at our disposal.
WELL DONE FK IRONS.
p.s. you made such a nice machine I'm pretty sure we should go fishin sometime...

JoeyJimz
04-17-2014, 02:55 AM
looping the oring on your needle bar is kinda tricky but it def kicks ass.

fkirons
04-17-2014, 11:42 AM
I am really liking mine as well. Can't find many faults with it at all.the o ring is the way to go for sure.So light .so very little noise and vibration. I only feel the weight of the cord.Fk took such a basic old idea and polished the hell out of every aspect. I really hope they start making hex drive halo bodies so we could have alot more options at our disposal.
WELL DONE FK IRONS.
p.s. you made such a nice machine I'm pretty sure we should go fishin sometime...

Thanks bro. Yes, it took us a cople of months to design it but a whole year to fine tune it.
Enjoy Your Direkt.

nathan bauer
04-19-2014, 01:38 AM
Any hints as to when the swivel drive bars will be available?

fkirons
04-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Any hints as to when the swivel drive bars will be available?

Pushing to get it out in a few weeks.

AltarVinz
06-03-2014, 05:22 AM
Got mine for two days and damn. I m in a skin starving frenzy. They made a hawk but without cons. And it looks nice. Used it with kwadron/wrath2 tubes and with rpg cart/cheyenne mags/rs.
Only bad thing about it is I ll have to buy 2/3 more bodys with couple motors.... definetly Fk fan. Even the cat is named Spektra ( it's a light quiet and low vibration kitty ha ha ! )

cagelavey
06-04-2014, 07:56 PM
hey gaston where is the direkt, in motor function compared to the hawk spirit/thunder. is it slower like the spirit or got umph like the thunder? is it the same exact motor that is in the halo? just curious cause, I recently got a spirit in a trade and going back to a dd machine after using give for the last year, I really liked it a lot. its strange you always want what you don't have then when you switch to that, you later realize that you liked what you used before. I think thats where I am right now, I might be going straight dd again. but im really torn between he direkt and the tunder. I hear the faster running motors with the larger strokes are just effortless for lining. and that's what im looking for that kill liner, that's all I need, just a liner that smacks that shit in!

AltarVinz
06-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Direkt for lining is far better than thunder in my opinion. Regular needles like kwadron are better than cheyenne shit carts. And if you want to throw a power line in 0.40 you can. Not with the thunder.

cagelavey
06-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Yeah I don't use Cheyenne carts at all. I've been hearing good things bout the direkt. I just tattoo fast as hell! So the motor being able to match my hand speed is real important to me. That's why I was asking bout the motor speed of the direkt. I have my shading and color needs taken care of, the machine I get next will be lining only, if it can also knock out some b&g/color then that's cool too, but I just want a player ass liner. As far as carts vs standard, i'm t-tech only so I want the machine that will work best with t-tech. I won't ever use standard needless again, that's just me. I heard you can put in any size line fast as hell with the thunder, is that not true? Cause I've asked every thunder user I know and they all say it's a boss liner just has maybe to much power for all else. I just got to get the right machine, i'm not one of those guys that can afford to buy a different machine every week. So 500 beans spent on the wrong machine could really hurt me. I'm probably more than likely going direkt, Gaston's always done me right, just stressing myself out, Lol

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk

AltarVinz
06-05-2014, 12:52 AM
Cheyenne high speed make carts spit ink at 10v+, I used rpg cart and a cheyenne rl 13 to test out white bold outlining today ( I never use above rl7 for lining I tend to use round shaders ) to test the lining ability of the Direkt. 9.4 volts single pass lightspeed hand : solid line. Fast hand speed : sick saturated white.
Hope it helps.
I still love the thunder for color packing and blending.

cagelavey
06-05-2014, 02:33 AM
thanks, that does help a lot, bro

cagelavey
06-05-2014, 03:02 AM
just seen a better pick of the direkt with the swivel bar attached to the machine, don't know why that was what sold me on this but ill be getting a direkt! I don't know why but I was just havin a hard time wanting "just" another dd machine, but I think with t-techs, the rpg grips and the swivel bar, it makes this machine look awesome, and that mixed with awesome function, thats what ive been looking for, thanks for the input!