PDA

View Full Version : hello!

ninjafishable
05-07-2011, 08:39 PM
hey! been crusin these forums for a while now, havent really introduced myself

i work at stay true tattoo, st.thomas ontario. ive been tattooing for 6 years and just bought my first rotary. decided the rotary works from dale was the one for me and just sent payment. cant wait to get it in the mail!!! super stoked!

Administrator
05-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Hey, I remember St. Thomas! In another life I used to work for "Carnival Diablo", we toured through there. Glad to have you aboard.

ninjafishable
05-07-2011, 11:07 PM
carnival diablo eh? that sounds very entertaining and im assuming a tonne of stories to go with it

Alie K
05-08-2011, 01:36 AM
You will love Dale's rotary! It's awesome. Increase voltage VERY slowly when using his machine. A small change can make a very major difference in the machine's speed.

ninjafishable
05-08-2011, 10:11 AM
yeah i have the eikon ems 200 10 turn... so i should be good to go. ive read optimal volts are pretty low.

Alie K
05-08-2011, 10:20 AM
I had an earlier Eikon digital supply - a 10-turn. It worked ok. If you have have issues with rotaries not seeming that 'powerful', you may want to upgrade to a power supply with more amps. As soon as I got a new supply, I actually noticed a difference in the performance of my machines. Not like I'm screaming "Get a new supply!" but you'd be surprised at the difference it can make. My coils even run on lower volts.

ninjafishable
05-08-2011, 05:53 PM
huh good to know. we got a variety at the shop so maybe when i get it ill go hunting around and see which one i like more

ninjafishable
05-13-2011, 12:25 AM
well i just got my rotary works in the mail... super fast shipping and great service. i will get a chance to try it out tomorrow on a regular. ill post up a review once i try it.

and get this. i work with a tradtional artist, thought rotaries were garbage. he saw the rotary works, saw how it ran, he already sent payment! awesome machines!!

Administrator
05-13-2011, 01:23 AM
If you are looking for a power supply down the road and want new power not new look, check out Thom Butler. He is "Fatcashdaddy" on the forum and makes some real nice power supplies with character and a all the amperage you will need.