PDA

View Full Version : Cx2 and neo tats.

darkink
05-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Anyone know if they work together? As in the critical cx2 power supply? And anyone suggest a stroke for the neo tat? Think ill order one tomorrow.

nathan bauer
05-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Pretty sure the cx2 will run a neotat fine. If im wrong someone will correct me please. I have been using a 3.5 or long stroke for a week or better. I like it but i dont think i would have much use for the shorter stroke machines. I guess it comed down to how you tattoo, and what purpose you want the neotat to fill.
Nathan

darkink
05-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks how’s it with black and gray with the long stroke?

Alie K
05-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Thanks how’s it with black and gray with the long stroke?

I have all three. I find that I have to speed my long stroke up a lot to get nice black and grey with it. I LOVE my short stroke neotat for black and grey. My coworker won't use anything but a mid-stroke neotat for black and grey portraits.

I think the mid stroke is a great all-around machine. It does really nice black and grey at about 9 - 10 volts, and I will thin down my colors a bit and run it at aobut 6 or 7 volts for color work.

If, after using it for a bit, you decide you want to work more with color, maybe add a long stroke. If you want to make black and grey nice and silky, try the short stroke. If you ever decide that you don't need two, and want to scale back, there will always be someone in the market for a new neotat. Put it up on ebay, and it will be gone in a snap.

nathan bauer
05-10-2011, 01:04 AM
I should have prefaced my response with . with all myh machines have a long stroke big gap.Just the way i dig em. but as Alie pointed out. each artist will feel a bit differetly that the next!I really do like the neo tat tho!

tattoo4satan
05-10-2011, 05:34 PM
i used my neo's on someones generic critical here one day and it worked fine.

darkink
05-13-2011, 04:09 AM
Thanks guys

I decided on 2 standard strokes and waiting on them to be built and contact me when their ready. Thank you all for your help. I’m excited to try these

eric03
05-13-2011, 05:44 AM
the critical power supply has been working great with my swashdrives for 2 years now.dont know too much about the neo tat machine with the power supply but the power supply itself is awesome. also, critical as a company are equally awesome. had a lil problem with my power supply after 3 years n they had me send it back n they corrected the problem within a few days free of charge and sent it back to me. stay away from the bootleg version n support another company that treat their customers like they should. hope it works out for ya.