PDA

View Full Version : Stylus or MR03?

bretttattoos
04-20-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm really interested in a linear machine and will more than likely but one soon. But I'm not sure on a couple things. Nedz lists a fast motor and a slow motor , then two different maxons for different machines. On the mr03 can you use different motors ? Seems like it works like a halo motorbolt or am I way off? Lol I guess what I'm curious of is what do you guys prefer ? Stylus h, s, or mr03? And for what? Do they compare to any particular machine in how they perform? I like fast machines with a touch of give/dampening . Currently I'm in love with my mc2 and my vivace 4.2 for lining and packing , also my gen 8 packs well but I'm still more comfortable with smaller framed machines. I have a inkjecta specific3 that is my only cart machine and I've been loving it for bng. I really dig the cart setup thing and want to get a linear machine but I'd like to get a little more info before I drop the money on something

e_Bangs
04-20-2014, 01:00 PM
I prefer Stylus h and s but the mr03 isn't bad. Outta all 3 I use the (S) the most the difference between the s and h I notice right a away is lining h is tight and also has a stronger vibration. (S) model very low vibration can line but is bolder of the two. I say get both haha the person you wanna speak to about this asA imo

stevencash1
04-20-2014, 01:38 PM
I prefer the me03 not just bc I'm selling one I have two and I think the stylus even if you have used it for a long time is still under powered don't get me wrong I love my stylus but the mr03 has just the right amount of power it's between the spirit and thunder more towards the thunder though. It lines amazing and colors and does black and grey amazing. After ed upgraded the whole machine it's worth every penny I asked johndameart and he had nothing but good things to say about it before I got both of mine but I realized I only need one so selling one of them

bretttattoos
04-20-2014, 03:17 PM
^and I'm actually thinking about buying it lol but I hate that it's a uk machine , that's a big plus for me that the stylus is built one by one in USA so if anything went wrong with it I wouldn't have to ship overseas but it may not be a concern if it's really a better machine

stevencash1
04-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Don't get me wrong the stylus is an amazing machine it's just the mr03 has that power that the stylus doesn't have

bretttattoos
04-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Any other input would be appreciated . If I have any money left over after the cape fear show this weekend I'll be machine shopping