PDA

View Full Version : Hello From NJ

Mr.Taboo
05-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi all, signed up here after gettin' the link from someone I know from another site. I've been tattooing for a little over 20 yrs though my experience may not be as diverse as many of you. I haven't worked at many shops and the ones I did work at didn't have a high turn over of people. I'd seen guys in the trade get to a certain point and figure they had it all figured out and then just plug away never really changing. I didn't want to be like that so I've always been on the look out for new stuff , techniques , pigments , machines , needles & groupings. And when I see people whose work I admire saying they use something new I'll try it out and if it works for me I incorporate it into what I do. So lately I've seen a lot of impressive work being done with rotaries and figured I'd take the plunge and pick one up and sign on here. I look forward to learning from some of you and helping however I can. Mr.Taboo AKA Fitz

Alie K
05-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Great to have you. :]

So, what rotaries have you been eyeing? There are different models that seem suited to different tasks. Feel free to ask members questions as to what they prefer.

The Limey
05-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Fitz!

slicksteel
05-11-2011, 11:55 AM
welcome!

Mr.Taboo
05-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks guys. I was checkin' out the Dragon Fly though it was pricey, so I was lookin' at Neotat and Stigma machines. I had started putting aside money for one and as luck would have it I had a generous tipper come in so not only was I able to go for my original choice of a Dragon Fly but also a new power supply too, both should be in the mail and should be arriving soon I hope. Though if this foray into rotaries works out I may pick up a Neotat and perhaps a Stigma after awhile. Also I've seen some others mentioned on here that look interesting.