PDA

View Full Version : Nedz zero

brandonmull
04-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Ok, i bought one of these and ended up buying a critical gx2 to power it.
Is there some trick to this machine that i do not know? It is so fast that it feels like a chainsaw in
my hand and when i lower the volts, it will not start, i have to bump the cam to get it spinning
and then its fast as hell again.
I always thought i tattooed quickly but i can barely move my hand fast enough to not feel like its chewing up the skin.

johndameart
04-23-2014, 11:43 AM
can you post a video and a link to it? :(

slicksteel
04-23-2014, 11:47 AM
they are a 6v motor-put one of the softer springs in and a medium stroke length-these machines which are based of the first one-(now have delrin slide and needle tensioner and adj cam)work best as a coil like liner with high speed and not to long of a stroke -also dont crank the the top nob down to much just were it touches the inner spring and puts a small bit of tension on it.
Once you get it dialed in you will find it is one of the best liners and large (15+) mag bng shaders out there- and with the delrin slide and better weighted cam it should be even better.

brandonmull
04-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Ok, thanks!!

crabink
04-25-2014, 10:01 PM
they make it with the 12 v motor?

reigningink
04-26-2014, 03:33 AM
Also, pay attention to the length of your stroke. Since the nedz actually gets its strike force from the spring it's self and not momentum gained on the down stroke of the cam, it's not necessary to have as long of a throw to achieve a solid hit. I keep mine at 3- 3.5 mm with the red spring. That seems to do just fine for lining. Back the nob on top out a bit and see if that gets it started at a lower volts for you. If you have the cam set to a long stroke, it will need much more force from the motor to compress the spring when it raises the slide. This might acount for your increased voltage needs. Hope this helped. The zero is an amazing liner. Red spring, 2.5-3.1 volts all day

inkinwi
04-26-2014, 10:40 AM
I use the MR01 with a fast motor and had the same issue. I found for me it works well with the red spring, one or two turns on the give knob, the cam set to 3.5mm and around 2.4volts.

brandonmull
04-26-2014, 11:38 AM
There is only one spring, none came with it extra, its black

reigningink
04-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Try messing with the stroke. The variation in how much the spring is compressed likely will allow you to achieve different speeds and strike forces. But you may want to get a hold of nedz. The red spring is the go to spring for nearly everyone I have ever talked to using thor machines. It may be worth your time to order one.

darkness
04-28-2014, 02:25 PM
you should get all 5 springs with it , the springs are included with this machine