PDA

View Full Version : First rotary tattoo

aus10tattoos
04-28-2014, 07:18 PM
So this is my first post on the forum, we'll see how this goes.

Anyways a short introduction. I'm Austin, 22, been tattooing for approximately 6 months now. Client came in recently wanting a typical mom tattoo (heart with banner). She also wanted lyrics from "dear mama" by Tupac. This was My take on it.

This was also my first tattoo with rotaries, I used my two new stingrays to do it. It was amazing how easy the ink saturated, almost like it just poured right into the skin. It took only a week to heal almost completely. Needless to say I'm hooked. They were ran around 8-9v and done with a 7 and 11 mag.

Anyways Let me know what you guys think! :)

http://imgur.com/XYbPk6C

Ofeloner
04-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Fuckin sick! ! Great job

artoftatt2
04-28-2014, 11:37 PM
I like everything about it except how stiff the banner is

aus10tattoos
04-29-2014, 12:36 AM
Thanks guys! Means a lot :) good to know I'm heading in the right direction.

aus10tattoos
04-29-2014, 12:42 AM
Usually I draw banners with softer curves, but I wanted the banner to fade in the background behind the lettering and heart, but still be somewhat dynamic, so I chose to make it more stylized with the sharp edges.
Looking at it now, I think it could have definitely looked sick with some more flowing, less rigid curves, but there's also that party of me that still likes the sharpness it has. :)
I also wanna go back into the cherry blossoms and outline them with a 7 or 9 in like a nice midtone magenta.
What do you think?