PDA

View Full Version : DarkLab RPG Disposable is almost here!

fkirons_kayleigh
04-29-2014, 01:34 PM
The DarkLab RPG Disposable cartridge grip is almost here; we've taken longer than expected to make this the best grip possible!

http://www.fkirons.com/shop/DarklabGripPic2.jpg

- First 1.25" trip with a soft neutral white medical grade rubber grip. Our specially chosen material ensures artist comfort throughout even the longest tattoo sessions.

- The same ergonomic grip design as our standard Aluminum RPG cartridge grips

- Extra sturdy back stem

- Each grip comes sterilized in individual blister packs with a disposable drive bar and an attached silicone nipple for convenience and greater drive bar performance, no more fumbling with extra drive bars and nipples, everything comes conveniently packaged and ready to go!

- Available in boxes of 24

- Pre-orders starting soon at www.fkirons.com (http://www.fkirons.com)

billannand
04-29-2014, 01:47 PM
This looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonmull
04-29-2014, 01:59 PM
as i have never used or even seen these cartridge systems, what exactly is better about them than the traditional needle and tube system?

artoftatt2
04-29-2014, 02:02 PM
Using one machine to line shade and color is great I enjoy running one machine with 3 or four needle groupings..

vodu
04-29-2014, 02:18 PM
there´s a range of price already?

jasonadelinia
04-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Love the white! Will you be sending to any UK suppliers?

fkirons
04-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Love the white! Will you be sending to any UK suppliers?

Yes as soon as our UK distributors place their orders.

there´s a range of price already?

Disclosing retail price soon.

1982geeeeb
04-29-2014, 06:14 PM
So what bout if you have 3 coil machines. Liner shader packer. Surely you cant stil use one machine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

artoftatt2
04-29-2014, 06:19 PM
It's made for rotaries but will work with a properly tuned coil machine.. I like running both coils and rotaries and regular needles and cartridges .. It's not a right or wrong it's a personal preference .. It's nice to have the choices we have now as tattooers..

1982geeeeb
04-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Iv got 3 properly tuned coil machines. So will I hav to use all 3 machined still with cartridges. Sorry only reason is past year iv tried alot of rotaries. But coils still top it for me. They just slap the ink in with out effort. Rotaries just bounce of the skin too much as the push ink in the skin instead of wip it in like a coil. Just my personal preference.

artoftatt2
04-29-2014, 07:55 PM
It's all techniques and their is a dozen ways to skin a cat.. Of coils work for you then use em.. Don't try anything new and don't change anything .. All that matters is how you feel and your clients feel about your work.. Not what you use or what bandwagon you jump on.. Their is a lot of guys who enjoy cartridges and only use on machine for all their needs.. Others prefer multiple machines set up different ways.. What rotaries have you tried? I've used and owned easily over 30 so I might have some insight for you.. Currently I enjoy in no peticular order is my dan Kubin sidewinder , my gen 8s and my spectra directs.. I use cartridge for certain things and stick to regular needles and tubes for others.. I still use a few ciferri coils and a few other coils from time to time too

needlemaniak
04-30-2014, 05:01 AM
Hey Gaston, they look sweet ! Will they work with the flex bars of the flite v2 (vice version) ?

fkirons
04-30-2014, 08:34 AM
Hey Gaston, they look sweet ! Will they work with the flex bars of the flite v2 (vice version) ?

Not yet but we may offer a bar to work with.

fkirons_kayleigh
04-30-2014, 10:54 AM
So what bout if you have 3 coil machines. Liner shader packer. Surely you cant stil use one machine.

While the RPG grips may not eliminate the need for multiple coil machines with different set ups, it will allow you to use multiple different needle groupings with 1 machine (for example if you want to use both a smaller and larger liner grouping or several different mag sizes on your shader) so that you would need to set up fewer machines for the same tattoo than using conventional needles

needlemaniak
04-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks Gaston !

fkirons
04-30-2014, 05:11 PM
There are some videos up on our Instagram @fkirons, in case you to check them out.

jasonadelinia
05-01-2014, 04:11 AM
Iv got 3 properly tuned coil machines. So will I hav to use all 3 machined still with cartridges. Sorry only reason is past year iv tried alot of rotaries. But coils still top it for me. They just slap the ink in with out effort. Rotaries just bounce of the skin too much as the push ink in the skin instead of wip it in like a coil. Just my personal preference.

I believe there is a thread somewhere with rough digits on how to tune a coil for cartridges. I've set my FK exactor up to push cartridges and It lines amazing for large groupings and packs and whip shades great. You basically have to compensate for the rubber band in the cartridge. Thicker back spring too.

johndameart
05-01-2014, 10:20 AM
when are these going up for preorder? ill be placing a fairly big order. haha

AltarVinz
05-01-2014, 12:47 PM
I just ordered a Timothy Boor Fk shader and an al 13 proton liner and I was wondering if I hâve to make anything to make it work withe the Fk Rpg and hawk needles. If anyone can answer me about this it would be very nice. Thanks.

slicksteel
05-01-2014, 02:52 PM
tell them you want it sprung for carts-the setup is different

fkirons
05-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I just ordered a Timothy Boor Fk shader and an al 13 proton liner and I was wondering if I hâve to make anything to make it work withe the Fk Rpg and hawk needles. If anyone can answer me about this it would be very nice. Thanks.

In fact, Timothy Boor uses his machine with carts very often.

If your machine was setup as a color packer (Untouched factory setup), you can run most cartridges with no problem.
One thing to avoid is using rubber band and if you have to use only one.
Dab about 1.5 cm in ointment or PTFE grease from time to time.

With Any coil machines, we've noticed that machines performed best when the throw is not longer than 3mm with an unloaded duty of 47-50.

Aluminum RPGs can be autoclaved and cold sterilized.

Any other question feel free to email us at [email protected] or call 855-FK Irons and we'll be happy to help.

when are these going up for preorder? ill be placing a fairly big order. haha

We are hopping to have them ready for sale in 30-45 days.
We are held up by the printing of boxes and custom injected silicone grommet that we are including with each grip.
We made some adjustment to the resting shoulder of the grommet) so the needle bar + grommet can be reversed loaded without the need of removing grommet from bar hoop.

AltarVinz
05-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Thanks à lot for the answer Gaston. Machine is said to be set up as a soft shader ( for the Juan Salgado ( just been noticed Timothy's were solded out and)) and the proton is set up as a liner. I ordered them from a UK store as I live in Europe. Hope I'll be able to run them with carts !

fkirons
05-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Thanks à lot for the answer Gaston. Machine is said to be set up as a soft shader ( for the Juan Salgado ( just been noticed Timothy's were solded out and)) and the proton is set up as a liner. I ordered them from a UK store as I live in Europe. Hope I'll be able to run them with carts !

You will just tweak the rear compression and don't over do your throw.

AltarVinz
05-03-2014, 12:50 AM
Working perfectly ! Thanks Gaston !