PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Chest Prototype

tattooedpirate2
05-12-2011, 10:39 AM
I am taking deposits on the new machine now. The retail is going to be $400 US and will be done around the end of June. I am doing 50 units and they are sweet as can be. The 3D model picture is one of the early ones and does not give it justice. The machine comes with 3 different strokes from short 2.5 mm 3.2mm and 4.2mm use standard tubes neddles. There is a sweet tube vise and German motor by the same manufacturer as the Rapier. The strokes are all in the same machine no extra parts to order and you can change them yourself. I will have several different springs for the give to cater to the artist's needs. The color is hard firearms anodized black for durability. It comes with a custom tube vice nut made of aircraft aluminum just like the machine. I'm looking for a laser ingraver right now and if time is'nt a factor I am going to ingrave the machines. Any questions call me or email me from the site www.tattooedpirate.com (http://www.tattooedpirate.com) and I will answer any technical questions.

The Limey
05-12-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm in! An adjustable stroke machine is going to be the bomb!

fatcashdaddy
05-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm in line behind dave...

Administrator
05-12-2011, 04:00 PM
I see a conga line forming! ha!

http://www.streetswing.com/histmain/gif/9conga.gif

Davidbautista90
05-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Sounds great! But is it gonna be mini jack, RCA, or clip cord style. I was thinking about picking up a rapier II, should I wait for this one instead?

Ink Pagoda
05-17-2011, 04:31 PM
can't wait to see this machine, makes me feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come.

tattooedpirate2
05-17-2011, 05:54 PM
RCA only, this makes for a better connection for the machine and you can buy the cords in any eletronics shop in world. I know what you mean waiting for Christmas. I designed these machines for myself and I can't wait. These are going to blow your socks off. I have been testing the motors in my pesonal Rapier IIs and they are so quiet and powerful you can't even hear them running. There will be only 50 of this run so don't wait to put your deposit down. 10 are already gone and they won't last.

tattooedpirate2
05-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Here's a 3D drawing of the new machine. We even had a custom aluminum tube vice knob to match all the parts. The tube vice is a C clamp style with a good solid clamping force. We are going to laser engrave the one piece frames as well as number 1-50 of 50.2708

slicksteel
05-21-2011, 12:37 PM
looks like some stuff has changed-such as chuck etc from the first cad

chris-in-cali
05-22-2011, 02:38 AM
dam.....that looks good.
I gotta stop bullshittin and get my deposit in.

merky
05-22-2011, 03:51 AM
looks alot like a dragonfly, I like it.

tattooedpirate2
05-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Funny thing is the Dragonfly came out after the Rapier I and we had this design in the works then. I just could'nt afford to build and test both at the same time. The Treasure Chest is much simpler than the Dragonfly with fewer moving parts. Simple and easy to tune without having to buy extra cams for stroke lengths. There will be no grease or oil needed all self lubricating with little to no wear. It has no metal to metal contact in the needle mechanism with zero wobble. Its all butter so to speak, I can hardly wait myself. I'm going to be selling my Rapier IIs that I use at a discount, mine are done custom and state of the art.