PDA

View Full Version : GEN 7 amps too high....

Alec_Benjamin
05-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Firstly I apologise for a repeat thread, I accidentally posted this in the black & grey forum.

I just bought my new Gen 7 and switched the clips over to the hard clip.
According to the instruction manual, it should run at around 0.2 amps, mine however runs at about 0.6 unloaded and 0.10 when set up with a 9 mag.
Does anyone else have some readouts they could share?
It sounds and runs smooth so I'm a little confused.

Thanks guys!

chris-in-cali
05-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Are you running stainless or disposables? if disposables, what kind?

Do you put bend in the needle bar?

How many rubbers do you use?

What kind of power supply is it?

RCA or clipcord?

Try switching back the clips, if your still getting the same readings, something is definetley wrong.

Alec_Benjamin
05-14-2011, 01:00 PM
I put a very slight bend in the needle bar, very slight. i use two rubber bands, the psu is sn EMS400 and it's the clipcord model and I use steel tubes.
My only thought is that the clip is rubbing very slightly on the frame...

chris-in-cali
05-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Do you mean rubbing where you actually screw the clip to the frame?

Does it still draw high after an hour or two of tattooing?

After about two hours of running the machiner loaded, it should be drawing next to nothing.

Alie K
05-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Did you lubricate the joints where you screwed the new clip on?

fkirons
05-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Don't rely by the book. Give the machine what it needs. If it burns out then talk to builder. Any machine should be able to take what it needs to run from a regular power supply. The amps are going to cranck up depending how much force(load) the motor is applying. The more tension,bend, and grouping you have, the more amps the machines is going to draw from the power supply. A good power supply should be able to power basic machine needs. Cheap supplies can even die out when the machine needs more amp power, making the machine power drop to a dead point.

Alec_Benjamin
05-15-2011, 06:10 AM
No, I did not lubricate the joints and yes, it would seem the clip is slightly touching the frame it'self... I will try running it for a long period of time and see how it draws then....
Thank you for your help guys.