PDA

View Full Version : used a coil for the first time in 18 months

asa_castle
05-24-2014, 11:56 PM
So I've been acquiring heavy hitting coils, I do mostly traditional (@asacastletattooer on IG), and am waiting on my new liner which was the main goal with returning to coil use bit had a nice Cifferi one off on hand and decided to color and shade in a knee Tattoo I had today. I've gotta say that this machine is the shit. However, at the same time it definitely didn't saturate as easily, i'm a little worried about trauma, and it handled a little clumsier than i'm used to. I will definitely be using it and some other packers some more in the near future just to be certain, but if I can perform better with my rotaries aside from lining I'll just continue to use them. Thought I'd share and listen to any thoughts.

darkness
05-25-2014, 04:46 AM
The same here ,i feel i can line and work faster but my quality is a lot down with coils - my lining was one of the best in my City and now
Is the same like the others so i looking always for good liners , the sidewinder is good but to much vibration for fine line work .

skinmech
05-25-2014, 06:19 AM
Imo, a fine tuned Coil Liner is better for Lining than any Rotary I have used..

ATS
05-25-2014, 06:34 AM
Imo, a fine tuned Coil Liner is better for Lining than any Rotary I have used..
Speaking of which.. when will your Uber Lite be available mate? :)

skinmech
05-25-2014, 06:54 AM
@ ATS, ironically, we have looked at the issues we had with the prototypes and have addressed them, the frames are being powdercoated, to help with the acoustics, and once returned the first batch will be released...:D

poleson
05-25-2014, 12:17 PM
The same here ,i feel i can line and work faster but my quality is a lot down with coils - my lining was one of the best in my City and now
Is the same like the others so i looking always for good liners , the sidewinder is good but to much vibration for fine line work .

Now I have only used my sidewinder a few times but I have no problems with the vibration and a 5 tight. I absolutely love the thing for lining.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

casey
05-25-2014, 12:55 PM
still cant find that relaxed sweet spot lining with rotaries and Ive tried a few, always seems such an effort. Best results Ive had is with the RW springer. Still lining with a coil machine assembled by myself which adds to the satisfaction:)

serial1313
05-25-2014, 01:03 PM
still cant find that relaxed sweet spot lining with rotaries and Ive tried a few, always seems such an effort. Best results Ive had is with the RW springer. Still lining with a coil machine assembled by myself which adds to the satisfaction:) The Sidewinder is nothing but sweet spot!!! Your search for a rotary that lines like a coil but lighter than a coil with no tuning is over. It is UNLIKE any rotary for lining. It is not created, built, or designed like any other rotary. It isn't new version of a previous machine, it is a completely new machine.

asa_castle
05-26-2014, 12:47 AM
I think I may need to send my sidewinder back for tuning or agent it myself. It spits ink and bogs down into some sort of fast missing buzz.

asa_castle
05-26-2014, 12:51 AM
I line with my mc12 typically except for fat lines and then I use the sidewinder. For packing and blends my vivace is what's up

darkness
05-26-2014, 03:09 AM
Think you have to check the rubber on the cam inside of the Sidewinder .....

asa_castle
05-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Thank you darkness

OwlsDen
06-12-2014, 05:26 PM
I have to say I have been going back to coils myself. I have gotten tired of machines changing every six months and always feeling like builders don't want to support last years models anymore. I love my rotaries I really do and especially for color and shading. Alas I have added three coil machines in as many weeks and a properly tuned coil is as good or better for lining. Especially for fine line work. It all depends on the tune. Two of my machines have come from Blacks Myth UK and I can't say enough good things about him and his service.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/13/ymy4edys.jpg