PDA

View Full Version : First tattoos done with Neo-Tat.

FactorX
05-14-2011, 01:26 PM

slicksteel
05-14-2011, 11:46 PM
nice tattoo!,but i would stay away form the plastic wrap-very dirty-easy to get and breed mrsa as clients leave on to long-try telfa bandagas-they also come sterile.

Alie K
05-15-2011, 02:11 AM
So, how did you feel about the machine? Good points/bad points?

FactorX
05-15-2011, 01:12 PM
So, how did you feel about the machine? Good points/bad points?

Thank you.

I lilke that the machine hammers in the ink for sure. For black and grey however I have a hard time making use of the fine needle marks. I'm not too sure about it's operation for lining. The guys at the shop I work at suggested to use a coil (Borg) to line with.

I'm the only one at this shop that uses an authentic rotary as opposed to some of the novelty ones that the guys don't really use anyway.

Thanks for the reply.

F

The Limey
05-15-2011, 01:34 PM
If you want to eliminate the fine needle marks, try cross hatching the area.

Learning to line with a Rotary takes a little patience too, you have to find the machines sweet spot. I've got a long stroke Neo-tat that lines great, I just had to slow my hand speed down a little initially.

FactorX
05-15-2011, 01:39 PM
If you want to eliminate the fine needle marks, try cross hatching the area.

Learning to line with a Rotary takes a little patience too, you have to find the machines sweet spot. I've got a long stroke Neo-tat that lines great, I just had to slow my hand speed down a little initially.

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed that my Neo-Tat does put in a great line but I definitely know what you mean as far as slowing down hand movement.

I have a black and grey jester/joker face I'm doing today and I'll try cross hatching those areas and we'll see what happens.

F.