PDA

View Full Version : curious, input desired please.

cagelavey
05-29-2014, 01:40 PM
ive been collecting gobs of information as to what would be the best rotary liner for myself(I know that there are many different opinions on this subject). for the way I would desire a liner to perform, and with the info ive collected thus far through use and research, ive narrowed down the ones that I think would work the best for me. all I want to know is, out of these machines which through your own personal experience do you think would work the best for a moderately fast hand and for the best one pass lines. the gen8(had one traded it on here for a couple other machines, but kind of regret that decision, now), the Cheyenne thunder, the direkt, or the flite v2. im going to be getting one of these, primarily for my everyday liner after this purchase I wont be getting any other machines for a while so its important that i get the one that will be best for this particular need. I am only interested in on of these machines, ive tried the rotary works, halos, hm's, vivace', etc.., all awesome for color packing, shading, but none line the way I like. also im pure rotary now so I don't want any coils. ive done my personal research, now I just want some opinions on these machines thank you guys for any input.

Mission Tattoo
05-29-2014, 02:58 PM
So far the bishop and mc13 have been my go to liners and if I need a third it's been the blitz I like the slid rotaries but that Kubin rocks socks

serial1313
05-29-2014, 03:27 PM
I know that you are not looking for this answer but, the Kubin Sidewinder CAN'T be touched by any other rotary for lining. All other rotaries I have had to adjust the way that I tattoo for them to put in a great single pass line. With the Sidewinder it is like having a small coil in your hand.

cagelavey
05-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the info, I've heard a lot about the sidewinder, might have to throw that in the mix. I know it sounds silly to say this and I know function matters over aesthetics. But I was hoping to find a machine that was kind of sexy and functional, Lol. But it looks like I might have to sacrifice what's pleasing to my eye for outright functionality.
I know that you are not looking for this answer but, the Kubin Sidewinder CAN'T be touched by any other rotary for lining. All other rotaries I have had to adjust the way that I tattoo for them to put in a great single pass line. With the Sidewinder it is like having a small coil in your hand.

cagelavey
05-29-2014, 03:43 PM
I am in no way dissing the sidewinder, or mc13, etc.., I know they are great machines, probably my best option in all reality, but to me machines are like women, I want them to be able to do the dishes and have a nice body, Lol

serial1313
05-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the info, I've heard a lot about the sidewinder, might have to throw that in the mix. I know it sounds silly to say this and I know function matters over aesthetics. But I was hoping to find a machine that was kind of sexy and functional, Lol. But it looks like I might have to sacrifice what's pleasing to my eye for outright functionality. Once you use one you will have a new outlook on what is sexy. Kinda like when you are use to being with "girls" from 18-25 & then you step up to women that are no younger than 30, you gain a new since as to what sexy really is.

cagelavey
05-29-2014, 03:50 PM
I got ya, once you see her perform, changes your perception

darkness
05-29-2014, 06:13 PM
I have try a lot for lining - all the super machines ,but the Sidewinder is the only one that have work for my style. You get always true lines in all skin areas easy . But i feel to go more to coils . I have sidewinders ,centri and more and more coils ...i have a symbeos to but its not for me because i love more to use coils for shading and color ....

With the gen8 i get clean lines fast, but when healet a lot of lines was falling out :-(

serial1313
05-29-2014, 06:31 PM
I have try a lot for lining - all the super machines ,but the Sidewinder is the only one that have work for my style. You get always true lines in all skin areas easy . But i feel to go more to coils . I have sidewinders ,centri and more and more coils ...i have a symbeos to but its not for me because i love more to use coils for shading and color ....

With the gen8 i get clean lines fast, but when healet a lot of lines was falling out :-( I had the same problem lining with the Gen8.

nivek
05-29-2014, 07:09 PM
99.9 % of what I do these days is with a Sidewinder and MC2 - then halo

slicksteel
05-29-2014, 10:04 PM
A bizarre v2 rocks for lines . Fast and quick ones pass lines with no snags & no vibrations due to the body design and weight. These really are a non adjustable damped rotary that was marketed as adjustable

billannand
05-29-2014, 10:20 PM
i love my fk's hands down. my pyro, proton, galaxy and halos. but for lining with a rotary i hold back, then i got a flite v2. i only use it for large work so i don't waste carts but i love lining with it as much as my coils. would like to try a sidewinder or a direkt tho.

nathan bauer
05-29-2014, 10:36 PM
I've used a couple different neotats. Used a bishop to line with for 2 years. Then I tried my direkt. Love this machine so much.i have a flite showing up tomorrow at the shop.so well see.but you can't go wrong with the direkt.carts regarding needles.does.it all.