PDA

View Full Version : Stylus slowing down

bretttattoos
05-30-2014, 10:20 PM
I bought a stylus h second hand that was supposedly used only a few times. It's an awesome machine but under 12volts it's too slow for me. I was told that it's safe up to 13 so I've been running it between 12-12.6 volts for color and fine lines and it's fast enough but after an hour or so it will slow down suddenly and then speed back up after a minute or two.. I only use ttechs and I have cleaned and put a little super lube on the ball at the end of the bar that pushes the cart thinking maybe it was a friction thing but I don't think that it's made any difference.. I use a critical cx1 and a deathless elite RCA cord so it shouldn't be an issue with the power dilivery to the machine. I have over 10 other rotaries and none do this . Any suggestions?

tattoo4satan
05-30-2014, 10:29 PM
i had one and thats how it ran for me. its not a powerful motor. i dont know how people who have success with it use it. but for that reason i got rid of mine. i suggest getting a hawk.

bretttattoos
06-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Wonder how hard it'd be to swap the motor for a Maxon ec flat...? I'm not giving up on the stylus! It's too fucking nice to use to collect dust but I need a little more speed

asA
06-02-2014, 12:29 AM
My stylus feel underpowered at higher volts.. I slow mine down a little and hang the needles a bit more than normal and I get way better results. 11.5 to 12 volts is just fine for me. It takes finding it's sweet spot to really find the machines full potential. As for it slowing down and running inconsistent I'd day maybe the baring is going bad. Rick will fix it no problems.

Jack Steel
06-02-2014, 05:02 AM
you should check the connections on the motor and rca plug first thing
:cool:

jsuchoza
11-11-2014, 11:06 AM
Tia just started happening to me yesterday.