PDA

View Full Version : Neo-traditional done by a black and gray snob...

Heath
06-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Yeah I'll admit it, for the longest while, all I used to do was black and gray realism. Well, I've been forcing myself to take on larger work that is full color slowly, and forcing myself even more to do more neo-traditional type work. It's hard for me to do something out of my comfort zone is what I'm saying.

The line work faded out a little more than I wanted it to on some spots, it was done prior to today by me. All done with halos.

http://s15.postimg.org/apxvb3maz/bud_arm_web.jpg

denrbyn
06-01-2014, 01:59 AM
looks pretty damn good bud

poleson
06-01-2014, 02:18 AM
That's really nice man. I'd love my banners to look like that. Can you tell me which inks were used in the banner?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Ofeloner
06-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Sick as fuck!! Those lines look clean,, what size cam did you use for lineing?

cagelavey
06-01-2014, 03:22 PM
looks great to me. really impressed you got those lines w/ the halo. are those single pass lines, w/ fat needle or built up. cause for the life of me I cant get good single pass lines with the halo. no problem building the lines but on pieces like this would do wonders for time if I could single pass it. what volt and give do you run your lining at w/ the halo?

Bully Jey
06-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Nice work especially for being out of the comfort zone and for this piece being a cover-up as well. I really like that banana cream fade to purple in the birds chest and underside. Wonderful tattoo Heath, thanks for sharing

ATS
06-02-2014, 06:00 AM
Great work (again) Heath.. Really love this.. and your work in general mate.
Also thanks for being so open in detailing how you get such beautiful results.. Respect!!!

skinmech
06-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Excellent, stunning work.........Was this a cover up..?

CajunDave
06-02-2014, 02:42 PM
nailed it !

No Iron Machines
06-02-2014, 04:37 PM
compliments, how many hours u took ?

Heath
06-03-2014, 12:41 AM
I deleted my comments because this is a public forum section, I forgot about that. PM me if you didn't see my reply about the ink I used and halo stuff I'll be happy to share. Yep Paul, right in the orange under the bird is an 20+ year faded name and heart/dagger and in the 3 leaves on the Bible is another one.

I think about 3-4 hours to outline a few weeks ago, then 7.5 hours for the color the other day. 4.0mm Halo for the fat lines, PM me for more info on that or ink stuff. Thank you guys...I keep pushing myself further and further.

poleson
06-03-2014, 12:54 AM
I took a screen shot of the inks. I think I will buy em and try em. I needed more earth tones anyways. I'm trying to create focal points through pigment saturation, I.e. desaturate some less important details. Thanks Heath. I thought I was crazy. I couldn't find your response. Ha.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Heath
06-03-2014, 01:18 AM
I guess what I do is skip mid tones now on almost everything color wise. It's a lot more dramatic looking too.

Heath
06-03-2014, 01:26 AM
This is my color palette....when I started. When I finished, different variation tones were in all those empty caps because I add as I go here and there. The red box is the banner colors.

http://s21.postimg.org/5gsx5lv47/photo1_10.jpg

Pooch
06-04-2014, 01:07 AM
awesome work, I actually like the faded linework on the rose keeps it in the background, your talent with black and grey is translating well into a painterly neo traditional style, very subtle and rendered nicely!